Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2008, 04:07 PM

4 posts, read 8,449 times

Advertisements

It amazes me how un-Christian some supposed Christians are, with all their Old Testament fire and brimstone rhetoric, their hysterical hypocrisy (is ALL life sacred or not?), their cherry-picking of the scriptures and their fierce hatred of anyone who challenges their beliefs. Lordy, that sounds almost like fundamentalism to me.

Science doesn't have the answers, but at least it acknowledges this, as it allows constant checking, verification and challenging to get to the most plausible explanation rather than leaving every difficult question to God's Will, and doesn't allow revision, other than when yet another splinter group emerges with their ultimate, unquestionable version of the truth.

Best of all, having God there is a helluva way to dodge responsibility for your actions, huh?

Just me tuppence worth. I'm no atheist, FWIW. There's a saying that goes something like: "Doubt may be uncomfortable, but absolute certainty is absurd".

Last edited by NY2NY; 11-14-2008 at 04:21 PM..

Old 11-14-2008, 04:25 PM

187 posts, read 863,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaOnMyMind View Post
The blue states can burn in hell for all I care. Its funny how sacred life is in war, but not in the womb and how the left shows more mercy to killers facing just capital punishment than for innocent defenseless unborn children. Hollywood decries guns and the ownership thereof but yet their movies are saturated with wanton mindless graphic violence and the same stars who are so anit NRA are making a good living blowing people away left and right. Its funny how idiots can believe that we are just a bag of chemicals that just magically evolved from some primordial soup and that the universe just came from nowhere and nothing. There is such a thing as micro evolution but macro evolution is more science fiction than science. It takes more faith to believe in atheism than to have the more rational and plausible belief that there is a Creator God. You cant actually believe that this is just some big cosmic accident. That's comical. Only a fool or a devil or one who lives like one does not believe or want to believe or worship God. There is no ultimate purpose or meaning of your existence and no truth but what you want it to be. Here's something the Bible says about the fools who make up the progressive secular heathen godless immoral blue states. "The wisdom(worldly wisdom) of this world is but foolishness to God. Blue states, what is the purpose of life? Run after pleasure and accumulate things and die! Meaningless meaningless meaningless! You are chasing after the wind and one day you will stand before your Maker to be judged if you want to believe it or not. The good news is that this God that so many in "blue states" hate and scoff at sent His Son to die for all our sins, both red and blue. God became a man and died on a cross and gave up his life to redeem us because He loves us. That's the God I believe in. The problem with too many is that they want to be their own god. The funny thing is none of us would even exist in the first place if it wasnt for the Creator. I hope this country remembers what made America great, or should I say "who" made America great and repent of our sins and turn back to God so that He will heal this land. If not then this country is surely doomed and will face the coming judgement of our God which may have already begun. We are living in dangerous times and we are heading down the road to destruction if we dont have a spiritual reawakening.

That was a truly frightening read..

Old 11-14-2008, 06:28 PM

2,897 posts, read 4,406,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arron View Post

unfotunately there are alot of people who think this way. i am not against someone having faith in something, but there are alot of people who are completely resistant to any ideas or beliefs other than thiers.

Old 11-14-2008, 06:37 PM

5,265 posts, read 16,587,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arron View Post
well...fwiw...their beloved destination of NC is now a blue state

Old 11-14-2008, 06:38 PM

7,658 posts, read 19,168,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzook View Post
unfotunately there are alot of people who think this way. i am not against someone having faith in something, but there are alot of people who are completely resistant to any ideas or beliefs other than thiers.

Welcome to Dumb****istan

USA Dumb****istan Election Map Button - CafePress

crooks

Old 11-14-2008, 06:43 PM

731 posts, read 1,367,341 times
Whom will you mock if you don't have the red states? I imagine most New Yorkers haven't even ventured into America. -Arkansas Hillbilly

P.S. I live one mile from Missouri in the Ozarks of Arkansas. Missouri stays with the Red States. You get Iowa.

Last edited by bluenoter; 11-14-2008 at 06:51 PM..

Old 11-14-2008, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by azzurrony View Post
Funny how those red states of N. Carolina, S. Carolina, Texas, and Utah have been among the most forward thinking in the tech sector, research and development, biotech, energy, etc. and that their economies have created more new jobs than many blue states combined. I wonder why that is?
Beacuse the blue states are moving in.

See NC.

Home of the LI Halfbacks

crooks

Old 11-14-2008, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluenoter View Post
Whom will you mock if you don't have the red states? I imagine most New Yorkers haven't even ventured into America. -Arkansas Hillbilly

P.S. I live one mile from Missouri in the Ozarks of Arkansas. Missouri stays with the Red States.
All Long Islanders should traverse RT 66 to truly appreciate what they have back home.

Not better just different.

Red and Blue starts to make sense around the Ozarks.

crooks

Old 11-14-2008, 07:06 PM

731 posts, read 1,367,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY2NY View Post
It amazes me how un-Christian some supposed Christians are, with all their Old Testament fire and brimstone rhetoric, their hysterical hypocrisy (is ALL life sacred or not?), their cherry-picking of the scriptures and their fierce hatred of anyone who challenges their beliefs. Lordy, that sounds almost like fundamentalism to me.

Science doesn't have the answers, but at least it acknowledges this, as it allows constant checking, verification and challenging to get to the most plausible explanation rather than leaving every difficult question to God's Will, and doesn't allow revision, other than when yet another splinter group emerges with their ultimate, unquestionable version of the truth.

Best of all, having God there is a helluva way to dodge responsibility for your actions, huh?

Just me tuppence worth. I'm no atheist, FWIW. There's a saying that goes something like: "Doubt may be uncomfortable, but absolute certainty is absurd".
Clever! Wrong thread.

Old 11-14-2008, 07:16 PM

16,408 posts, read 33,297,505 times
Wink Another "Forward" About Red vs. Blue State Thinking

I'm a little confused. Let me see if I have this straight...

If you grow up in Hawaii , raised by your grandparents, you're exotic alien and different.

But if you grow up eating mooseburgers and shooting elk, you're a quintessential American story.

If your parents named you Barack, you're a radical, unpatriotic Muslim.

If you name your kids Willow, Trig and Track, you're a loveable maverick.

If you graduate from Harvard Law School , you are elitist.

Attend 5 different small colleges before graduating, you're well grounded.

If you spend 3 years as a community organizer, become the first black President of the Harvard Law Review, create a voter registration drive that registers 150,000 new voters, spend 12 years as a Constitutional Law professor, spend 8 years as a State Senator representing a district with over 750,000 people, become chairman of the state Senate's Health and Human Services committee, spend 4 years in the United States Senate representing a state of 13 million people while sponsoring 131 bills and serving on the Foreign Affairs, Environment and Public Works and Veteran's Affairs committees, you don't have any real leadership experience.

If your total resume is: local weather girl, 4 years on the city council and 6 years as the mayor of a town with less than 7,000 people, 20 months as the governor of a state with only 650,000 people, you're qualified to become the country's second highest ranking executive.

If you have been married to the same woman for 19 years while raising a family, you're not a real Christian.

If you cheated on your first wife with a rich heiress, and left your disfigured wife and married the heiress the next month, you're a Christian.

If you teach responsible, age appropriate sex education, including the proper use of birth control, you are irresponsibly eroding the fiber of society.

If, while governor, you staunchly advocate abstinence only, with no other option in sex education in your state's school system while your unwed teen daughter ends up pregnant, you're very responsible.

If your wife is a Harvard graduate lawyer who gave up a position in a prestigious law firm to work for the betterment of her inner city community, then gave that up to raise a family, your family's values don't represent America 's.

If your husband is nicknamed "First Dude", with at least one DWI conviction and no college education, who didn't register to vote until age 25 and once was a member of a group that advocated the secession of Alaska from the USA , your family is extremely admirable.

OK, much clearer now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island