Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2010, 06:10 PM

9,341 posts, read 29,685,492 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by YELLOWMONTE View Post
they may have changed zones then. this was in 1994, when did you know your classmate?
Attendance zones are easy to change while district lines are next to impossible to change.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2010, 06:13 PM

16,966 posts, read 34,718,970 times
Quote:
they may have changed zones then. this was in 1994, when did you know your classmate?
Walter has provided us with a district map which I would wager is more recent than 1994. It indicates that the area in question is in the PSD. School districts don't rezone that easily especially when it's a matter of adding more homes to an already huge district. It is also possible that while your friend lived there, they might have been utilizing someone else's address in order to go to school in the Massapequa SD.

To answer your question, my friend lived there in the early 80's.

Old 03-27-2010, 04:17 AM

137 posts, read 356,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhBeeHave View Post
Walter has provided us with a district map which I would wager is more recent than 1994. It indicates that the area in question is in the PSD. School districts don't rezone that easily especially when it's a matter of adding more homes to an already huge district. It is also possible that while your friend lived there, they might have been utilizing someone else's address in order to go to school in the Massapequa SD.

To answer your question, my friend lived there in the early 80's.
my friend must have lives right outside the plainedge school disctrict, enough to make her go to massapequa. I cant remember her first name but her last was name was dominguez.

Old 03-27-2010, 06:18 PM

Quote:
my friend must have lives right outside the plainedge school disctrict, enough to make her go to massapequa. I cant remember her first name but her last was name was dominguez.
I had a friend on the F'dale end of Plainedge. Her house was the last house in the district on her street. I bet our friends were in the same position.

Old 03-28-2010, 12:06 AM

22,190 posts, read 19,462,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhBeeHave View Post
Thank you for adding what I forgot to: West of Broadway.

Walter's map is helpful...still trying to decipher which street it is. A close friend from PHS lived on Rhode Island off 107, so I know that part of RI is in Plainedge.
This should be a bit more helpful. You can see where Palinedge and Massapequa School districts border each other, and the northeast portion of the map (East of Broadway a few blocks north of Jerusalem) is where Farmingdale district starts.

Here is the direct link, might have to refresh, but you can move it around, adjust the size, etc, if you want to fiddle a bit.

Reference Maps - American FactFinder

Old 03-28-2010, 04:13 AM

137 posts, read 356,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
This should be a bit more helpful. You can see where Palinedge and Massapequa School districts border each other, and the northeast portion of the map (East of Broadway a few blocks north of Jerusalem) is where Farmingdale district starts.

Here is the direct link, might have to refresh, but you can move it around, adjust the size, etc, if you want to fiddle a bit.

thanks! but it still seems her house falls in the plainedge line but she went to massapequa for some reason.

Old 03-28-2010, 07:18 AM

9,341 posts, read 29,685,492 times
School district administrative staff have been known to make "clerical errors" and allow someone from another school district, whose house is on or close to the border of the two districts, to attend a school in the district.

For example, I knew someone who admitted after their children had graduated from Jericho High School that they actually lived in the Hicksville Union Free School District; but, since their house was on the border of the two school districts and their mailing address was "Jericho, NY 11753", they were accepted into the Jericho Union Free School District.

Old 03-28-2010, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post

Very helpful. Thanks Smash!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island