Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2009, 12:05 PM

1,051 posts, read 2,976,191 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
Again, no one is suggesting it is anything less than utterly horrible, heinous act. However, to suggest the area is becoming crime ridden because of it and other little observations some may have when the actual crime stats don't back that up is silly.
Welcome to "a little slice" of Hicksville NY.

Do you like what you're seeing ?

OF COURSE NOT...and you should be offended...MORE PEOPLE SHOULD BE OFFENDED, and NOT accept this stuff !

Unfortunately, we ignore The Problems, and this gets to the extreme point, of where there is a loss of Life.

Actually, two Lives.

Last edited by longislandmike; 03-04-2009 at 12:19 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2009, 01:15 PM

2 posts, read 3,875 times
Default westbury election 2009

i know there are a lot of problems with the previous administration of westbury and that people think this will only continue by voting for the action party on march 18, but this friends of westbury party consists of 3 unemployed men who have no clue on how to run a village, they have no experience what so ever, and are even unable to retain employment in their own fields, let alone be entrusted to take over our village, i am going with the safer bet of the action party rather than the catastrophy that the friends party would certainly bring to the village of westbury

Old 03-07-2009, 07:17 PM

10 posts, read 26,077 times
Smash,
For someone who doesnt even live in Hicksville , you really dont have any idea what you are talking about .I lived in Hicksville and I sent my children to school there....when a 5th grader has a ms13 tatoo on their arm, it might be time to get concerned. I really dont care about statistics because a lot of time charges are talked down. We all know that. I have a dare for you ....in the center of town , right along Broadway ...where the donut shop , pizza place , centro american deli and the halel meat store. Walk there by yourself at night. It is not safe there , the apartments are not safe because there are sex offenders there. Next ...check out where that murderer lived ...meyers avenue. After that , try Cantiague PArk or the Stop and Shop where that girl was sexually assaulted. And again , when I go into a deli on Jerusalem Avenue and cant read the signs, it bothers me . I am all for diversity but Im in America.
And if you are in the schools, there are three groups. The people that are not white , leave out the whites and have their own culture. Seriously, its a little different if you are just driving through. I have seen people selling watches on the corner , that pawn shop , this is all low life activity. I lived by Meyers avenue and I saw and heard of a lot of incidents. They were not on News 12 the next day but there was still trouble going on. It was not a quiet neighborhood. I then moved to North Hicksville. Not too quiet either. Seriously , most of Hicksville has crime , its just not on the cover of Newsday.

Old 03-07-2009, 09:00 PM

22,180 posts, read 19,449,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pd926 View Post
Smash,
For someone who doesnt even live in Hicksville , you really dont have any idea what you are talking about .I lived in Hicksville and I sent my children to school there....when a 5th grader has a ms13 tatoo on their arm, it might be time to get concerned. I really dont care about statistics because a lot of time charges are talked down. We all know that. I have a dare for you ....in the center of town , right along Broadway ...where the donut shop , pizza place , centro american deli and the halel meat store. Walk there by yourself at night. It is not safe there , the apartments are not safe because there are sex offenders there. Next ...check out where that murderer lived ...meyers avenue. After that , try Cantiague PArk or the Stop and Shop where that girl was sexually assaulted. And again , when I go into a deli on Jerusalem Avenue and cant read the signs, it bothers me . I am all for diversity but Im in America.
And if you are in the schools, there are three groups. The people that are not white , leave out the whites and have their own culture. Seriously, its a little different if you are just driving through. I have seen people selling watches on the corner , that pawn shop , this is all low life activity. I lived by Meyers avenue and I saw and heard of a lot of incidents. They were not on News 12 the next day but there was still trouble going on. It was not a quiet neighborhood. I then moved to North Hicksville. Not too quiet either. Seriously , most of Hicksville has crime , its just not on the cover of Newsday.
Ahh so only in Hicksville do they not report these crimes, and it doesn't get reported. The reason the crime rate is so much lower in Hicksville than the rest of the country is because it gets reported everywhere else, but not in Hicksville, yup that is it....

Anyway, I'm not saying things are perfect in Hicksville nor am I saying that it doesn't have some problems. However, the fact of the matter is the crime rates in Hicksville are extremely low, and thats something that can't be spun by having signs in a different language.

Old 03-07-2009, 11:38 PM

2,940 posts, read 8,319,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by patty in westbury View Post
i know there are a lot of problems with the previous administration of westbury and that people think this will only continue by voting for the action party on march 18, but this friends of westbury party consists of 3 unemployed men who have no clue on how to run a village, they have no experience what so ever, and are even unable to retain employment in their own fields, let alone be entrusted to take over our village, i am going with the safer bet of the action party rather than the catastrophy that the friends party would certainly bring to the village of westbury

Yeah, this is the kind of garbage that the Action Party throws around about Friends of Westbury. The problems in the Village of Westbury have to do with the IN-ACTION of the Action Party on many quality of life issues.
When Cavallaro was addressed about doing something about overcrowded houses in our town, he said it was a police matter, even though the VILLAGE HAS THE POWER to shut them down. This is the same IN-ACTION party that refused to take action on dangerous dogs in the village, even after a particular dog had several incidents, the village didn't seize the dog. The rich powerful folks want Cavallaro because he will keep the cheap labor available for them. And he is way more corrupt than Joe and the true Friends of Westbury. Cavallaro wants to put a waste transfer station in our village. Responds to Action Party Announcement
Joan Boes is so corrupt she gets away with stuff we can't, because she's rich and powerful.
The Action Party had their chance and they have FAILED. Cavallaro will do anything to keep the truth from getting out, using his wealth and power to do so all the way up to the County. Hopefully the residents of our village will see Cavallaro and the In-Action party for what they are, selling us out to keep their rich friends happy!
Theres alot of stuff that's being kept from the public because of corruption, but the voters must see through the lies and show the IN-ACTION party the door!

Last edited by Johninwestbury; 03-08-2009 at 12:53 AM..

Old 03-07-2009, 11:40 PM

Quote:
Ahh so only in Hicksville do they not report these crimes, and it doesn't get reported. The reason the crime rate is so much lower in Hicksville than the rest of the country is because it gets reported everywhere else, but not in Hicksville, yup that is it....

Anyway, I'm not saying things are perfect in Hicksville nor am I saying that it doesn't have some problems. However, the fact of the matter is the crime rates in Hicksville are extremely low, and thats something that can't be spun by having signs in a different language.
Corruption and ignorance can do alot of things. These stories get covered up, and illegals are afraid to report crime because they dont want to get deported.

Old 03-08-2009, 12:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johninwestbury View Post
Corruption and ignorance can do alot of things. These stories get covered up, and illegals are afraid to report crime because they dont want to get deported.
Point being if this 'was' the case it would be going on everywhere not just in Hicksville, so it doesn't change the fact that the crime rate in Hicksville is still very low.

Old 03-08-2009, 01:06 AM

Quote:
Point being if this 'was' the case it would be going on everywhere not just in Hicksville, so it doesn't change the fact that the crime rate in Hicksville is still very low.

It is going on in alot of other places too. Alot of Long Island politicians and media believes gangs and increasing crime aren't something to be concerned with.

Old 03-08-2009, 04:31 AM

1,051 posts, read 2,976,191 times
Quote:
It is going on in alot of other places too. Alot of Long Island politicians and media believes gangs and increasing crime aren't something to be concerned with.
The people, in whose interest it is...TO MAKE YOU UNAWARE AND IGNORANT...don't want you to know what's going on, and to be concerned.

So they do things like, Newsday, and don't report Crimes involving illegal aliens, and use different names for them to "minimize" the "stigma", allegedly, associated with such Names.

Suffolk County Police, just recently, don't make the identity of illegal aliens part of police reports, !

Other localities do the same things, and sometimes go a little further.

In Arizona, "Arizona’s Hispanic Bar Association, (known as Los Abogados) has asked state Supreme Court Chief Justice Ruth McGregor to stop using them at trials or hearings because they create perceptions of judicial bias."

For example, "Among those the group wants banned are; immigration crisis, immigration epidemic, open borders advocates, anchor babies and invaders. Among the acceptable terms are foreign nationals, unauthorized workers and human rights advocates. Click here to see the entire list as well as Chief Justice McGregor’s promise to enforce the requests."

Judge Bans Use Of “Illegal” and “Aliens”
Judge Bans Use Of “Illegal” and “Aliens” | Judicial Watch

So NOW, we have to call, illegal aliens, "human rights advocates" ?

Isn't this silly ?

Old 03-08-2009, 11:05 AM

Quote:
So if it is going on its lots of other places as well it would mean Hicksville's crime rate is still much lower than the rest of the country.

Oh and your comment on increasing crime, Crime has NOT increased......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island