Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2009, 09:35 PM

157 posts, read 458,122 times

Advertisements

Railroad Bagel Express‎
126 N Carll Ave, Babylon, NY‎ - (631) 587-2514

Bagels are good, the egg sandwiches are to DIE FOR! LOL It really tastes like candy. And, they are always good, no misses, only hits. I work close to this area, problem is I do not know of any good joints where I love (patchogue waverly ave).

Any other spots? Maybe even close to me?

Remember, not ur average "good egg sandwiches", i am talking prime stuff!?!?!?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2009, 03:49 AM

2,897 posts, read 4,409,206 times
the bagel patch on rt112 just south of woodside in npatchogue makes awsome bagels, just like the ones i used to get in queens, but the egg sandwiches are just ordinary.

Old 05-27-2009, 10:15 AM

1,056 posts, read 2,141,870 times
Seaford bagels in seaford

Old 05-27-2009, 01:38 PM

4,698 posts, read 8,763,385 times
Frying an egg and putting it on bread is not exactly difficult, nor is there much room for improv in the recipe. I say you take a blind taste test comparing this joint's egg sandwich to several others and see if you can pick out your favorite!

Old 05-27-2009, 02:08 PM

939 posts, read 2,681,881 times
I can't really recall ever getting a "bad" breakfast sandwich anywhere in any deli on Long Island. The majority of them are flawless as they make it exactly how you order it, plus the bread/bagel is always fresh. What I wouldn't give to be able to get a good breakfast sandwich someplace besides my kitchen. The only breakfast sandwiches in this area are Egg McMuffins. Long Island deli's make the best breakfast sandwiches in the country, bar none.

Old 05-27-2009, 02:11 PM

4,533 posts, read 8,343,309 times
Unless you want to talk about what you put into the eggs (onion, ham, bacon, etc....) making a simple egg sandwich is not hard to figure out.

We could talk about what to put in the eggs or who can make the worst egg sandwich.

Old 05-27-2009, 02:37 PM

2,335 posts, read 4,152,589 times
My favorite is Family Deli in Bohemia. I've been going there for 15 yrs and it hasn't changed a bit. I will hit it within days of my arrival on my next visit!

The difference between a good sandwich and bad one is the quality of the ingredients and how they are cooked. For example, a bad sandwich would have fatty, undercooked bacon. The roll is very important as well.

Old 05-27-2009, 02:49 PM

16 posts, read 81,008 times
Division Avenue Deli in Levittown!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 05-27-2009, 09:25 PM

157 posts, read 458,122 times
I cant believe that there were a couple of posts above who said basically "an egg sandwich is an egg sandwich..." !!!! When i made this post, i was taking everything into account... most people do bacon egg and cheese... or perhaps ham or what ever... I did not mean to limit it to a simple "egg" sandwich.

Examples of what I mean... There are two deli's on Waverly Ave in Patchogue (close to where i live). The one deli (a mom and pop type style) has TERRIBLE bacon. It is always fatty and greasey. The other deli (a bigger deli across from a 7-11) makes very consistent sandwiches, but not great. Something is a little off with them.

Compare those two to Railroad Bagel Express‎ and there are no equals. RBE makes the sandwiches the same way every time. The bacon is pressed down on some metal thing, and is made exactly how I like it. Perfect amounts of spk and the fixings. mmmmmmmmmmmmmmman I want one! But, i am not willing to travel 25-30 minutes each way on my days off to get one (or two). Was really hoping for someone to give me a heads up for something closer to me in patchogue.

Old 05-27-2009, 09:33 PM

2,160 posts, read 7,517,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by S.I.B. View Post
Frying an egg and putting it on bread is not exactly difficult, nor is there much room for improv in the recipe. I say you take a blind taste test comparing this joint's egg sandwich to several others and see if you can pick out your favorite!
Ooooo...ouch. I respectfully disagree. You only have to live away from here a short time to realize there is something special in a LI egg sandwich. It's all in the roll.

That being said...an egg/bacon/cheese from Brooklyn Bagels in Rocky Point is heaven.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island