Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2009, 07:15 AM

1,917 posts, read 5,345,615 times

Advertisements

I knew I would find them at craigslist and lo and behold-I did.
Here is the chant, taken from their ad:

SOON IT'S GONNA SNOW....
McGINLEY'S GOTTA GO !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2009, 07:19 AM

20 posts, read 17,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottzilla View Post
One is a better option than the other.
That's your opinion - just like my opinion that forced sterilization is a good way to ensure miscreants don't reproduce. Luckily for you opinions of some don't equate to laws for all. The difference is I don't try to force my opinion onto others. I'll have whatever kind of animal I choose in my home.

Old 08-20-2009, 09:29 PM

734 posts, read 1,636,616 times
Whoa this thread took a wrong turn fast! Smarter_than_u, you need to find a different thread to rant on. No one is challenging your right to make your own decisions, just trying to enlighten you. So maybe you could make a more intelligent, compassionate decision. but Doodle dogs are cool too, just that they are mutts! and sell for a grand or more! LOL

Let's get back to BAS. I haven't been there in about 12 years. I moved off LI and am now back. I kept abreast on the computer of things and had read that the new director was from NSAL. I thought they got better. When I worked there, it was a place for the local pols to put the "special" nephews (read grucci) and other assorted metally challenged relatives. It was sickening. Tony Rignola was the director and he was a real piece of work. I hope that man rots. The shelter was all about politics and nothing about humane treatment.
Can you fill me in on anything else? Is there still a canine advisory committee appointed by the town for the shelter? What rescue groups are involved with the shelter? Are you able to volunteer and go in there any time you want?
I want more info!

Last edited by J5K5LY; 08-20-2009 at 09:31 PM.. Reason: spelling error

Old 09-05-2009, 12:57 PM

999 posts, read 2,358,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverDrunk View Post
You don't sound biased or bitter at all. Go hug a tree, hippy.

I am gonna take the bigoted remark based on you are as your name say's

1. I am not a hippy....

2. I have had many issues with them.....

1a. the nazi like treatment of visiting and looking thru the animals

2a.. the great dane they killed after i paid my fee....which now deems the dog mine, and while in the hands of there incompetent vet staff deemed him viscous from a Needle they broke in his spine for a heart worm treatment. Any dog anywhere that has a needle broken in it's spine from a heartworm injection will react badly...
3a. the mastiff they put down again with the bs of the dog was viscous.
4a. the having to see my kids to get a dog from there facility

5a. the dogs wallowing in feces like pigs

6a. the lack of heat or the insanely poor excuse for not having a simple 3200 heating system in place...

6b. The incompetence of not knowing such a system exists...

6c. Allowing some imbecile outside company to give them a price of over $50K and it was not a radiant or other upgraded system

7a. The excessive money spent on hand tools while the animals receive any needed medical attention....that is only noticed or seen after they are taken to a vet

8a. the not allowing a dog to be received it if may see any time at a owners place of business...
It is acceptable for a dog to be received and spend umpteen hours at home alone....but it is unacceptable for a dog to be received from BAS if it is ever to go to and from the home to work with the person looking to receive the dog..and BE in Constant care and supervision

9a. Rescue GROUPS are not permitted to photograph the animals so someone doesn't have to deal with the nazi SS there to even see if there is something that meets there interests

10a. The lack of experience to understand the difference between a problem animal and a scared animal.
The procedure in which they follow to test a animal in which to deem it adoptable or viscous ... does not meet any animal testing groups way of testing...including that of the ASPCA

__________________________________________________ ____

Are you just drunk 100% of your life you as your name so leads me to believe by you bigoted remark... Or are you unfortunately as mentally challenged as the administrative staff running BAS...

So you understand...if you did as BAS does you would be before a judge...

Take a look thru there budget, and see if you agree the animals are there sole responsibility or is it hand tools...
I have a machine shop and i do not spend what they do a year...they don't have a machine shop...or maybe they do... Maybe i missed the Brookhaven town machine shop and in the spare time animal shelter.

If someone is going to take on a job and responsibility, then do it, and do it right.. If they can't then get someone who will...

This is what the protest was for....... "L.I. the best schools...the worst students" ... forever drunk you do make that statement the truth

Old 09-05-2009, 01:20 PM

44 posts, read 60,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LIMA View Post
insert inane drivel here
Yikes. I think what I was trying to get across to you, was that I simply don't CARE. Certainly not enough to read everything you just posted.

Old 09-05-2009, 01:32 PM

Exactly....just like a drunken fool.. make dumbfounded remarks...just because...

No one forced you to read this thread...and you certainly are not interested in making a positive difference so...go back to your beer and just ignore this thread altogether...

Old 09-05-2009, 06:47 PM

44 posts, read 60,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LIMA View Post
Exactly....just like a drunken fool.. make dumbfounded remarks...just because...

No one forced you to read this thread...and you certainly are not interested in making a positive difference so...go back to your beer and just ignore this thread altogether...
Tonight it's Vodka, but I did have a Bud Light earlier while BBQing.

Old 09-06-2009, 07:41 PM

Troll!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Don't feed trolls!!!!!!!!!!
Especially drunk ones!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 09-06-2009, 07:42 PM

LIMA can you answer a few of my questions from an earlier post? Or PM me if you prefer.
Thanks!

Old 09-07-2009, 08:59 AM

IM sorry J5 i missed it....was sidelined here...let me see and i'll answer... brb
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island