Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-27-2009, 08:28 AM

138 posts, read 420,925 times

Advertisements

I live in West Haven, CT. I'll be taking the Metro North into Grand Central on Saturday. I would love to have some Zingers at Miller's Ale House in Levittown as I was born and raised in FL and miss my Zingers (boneless chicken strips). Can someone tell me the best way to get to Miller's Ale House from Grand Central. I've only been to LI once. Do I take the LIRR and then a cab? Bus? Any help is greatly appreciated!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2009, 08:39 AM
grant516

n/a posts
The Ale House is on Hempstead Turnpike in Levittown, NY

Take the Subway to Jamaica Station in Queens.
Then the N6 Bus to the Hempstead Transit Center in Central Nassau County.
Then the most direct bus would be the N70 which goes right to a shopping center called Tri County and you could walk easily from there.

Zinger's are pretty good... but unlike the Florida Ale Houses- you may want to call ahead for a reservation or take the order for pick up. The LI Ale House is very crowded (possibly since there is only the one).

Old 08-27-2009, 08:45 AM

Thanks so much! Are the bus numbers easy to identify? Sorry, kind of new to public transportation other than the metro north. I would drive but running out of miles on my leased car.
Is there a good website that provides details on bus routes?
Thanks!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by grant516 View Post
The Ale House is on Hempstead Turnpike in Levittown, NY

Take the Subway to Jamaica Station in Queens.
Then the N6 Bus to the Hempstead Transit Center in Central Nassau County.
Then the most direct bus would be the N70 which goes right to a shopping center called Tri County and you could walk easily from there.

Zinger's are pretty good... but unlike the Florida Ale Houses- you may want to call ahead for a reservation or take the order for pick up. The LI Ale House is very crowded (possibly since there is only the one).

Old 08-27-2009, 08:48 AM

12,766 posts, read 18,384,540 times
Train doesn't go to Levittown...buses are confusing and you have to wait forever for them...Millers isn't a great bar, IMO. I don't really like it, but you might. What I think is weird about it is that the lights are on. It's so bright in there!

Old 08-27-2009, 08:51 AM

Got a craving for Zingers. And I don't go back to Tampa until Nov. Gotta do what I gotta do for my food cravings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdawg8181 View Post
Train doesn't go to Levittown...buses are confusing and you have to wait forever for them...Millers isn't a great bar, IMO. I don't really like it, but you might. What I think is weird about it is that the lights are on. It's so bright in there!

Old 08-27-2009, 08:52 AM

12,766 posts, read 18,384,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoehoard View Post
Got a craving for Zingers. And I don't go back to Tampa until Nov. Gotta do what I gotta do for my food cravings.
That's cute, lol...enjoy them, lol. I am sure you can get zingers SOMEWHERE in Manhattan...

Old 08-27-2009, 09:25 AM

231 posts, read 960,873 times
I would take LIRR to Wantagh and take a cab to Miller's. The bus would take forever. I like the food there and they have great beer specials. There is a cab usually parked out front of Miller's at all hours for your return trip.

Old 08-27-2009, 07:10 PM

513 posts, read 837,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmax View Post
I would take LIRR to Wantagh and take a cab to Miller's.
Good call...

Old 08-27-2009, 07:30 PM

2,845 posts, read 10,512,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdawg8181 View Post
Agreed....WTF is with that? Maybe it's so all the bro-hams don't feel as stupid wearing their shades indoors. I also don't like their warm beer that tastes like it was brewed inside Wilford Brimley's ass.

jmax - Only problem with taking the LIRR to Wantagh is that the LIRR trains don't go to Grand Central, only Penn Station.

Old 08-27-2009, 08:33 PM

44 posts, read 60,196 times
Miller is building an Ale House on the old nursery property across the street from UPS in Farmingville on Horseblock Rd. Don't think construction has started yet, but the nursery is closed and the homes vacant. Fridays and A-Bees should prepare for a huge hit in business.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island