Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2009, 08:08 AM

659 posts, read 2,517,703 times

Advertisements

We use Nuzzi oil in Mineola. We live in Levittown and they do eastern nassau. Their prices are very good as is there service.

Our heat would not turn on for the season. I called yesterday at 4:00 for service and they sent someone within the hour. He fixed an electrical problem on our oil burner. Super fast service. Had them for a year and will definately be renewing with them in 3 weeks (plus we called around and they were still the cheapest with a fixed contract).

(We used to have Slomins and they are always the most expensive by a lot. We use them for the alarm, but never again for oil).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2009, 08:53 AM

9,531 posts, read 15,886,849 times
I have Meenan since 8 years ago and before they had a free contract but not since 2 years ago. We pay ~$150/yr for the plan that has them come out at all hours of the day (regular plan at ~$80 is just business hours). Well it seems they get really busy when it counts... last time I called in for 630pm and they got there at 1am. Not good with 2 infants and 59F in the house. They always get it fixed but not always timely.

I'm looking for another company who will do it reliably and on time when my contract ends in December. I don't need to be paying $150/yr for this level of service. Do the little guys come 24/7? My burner is older and my lines tend to clog/freeze so I need reliable service.

Old 10-23-2009, 11:01 AM

783 posts, read 1,423,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RGugs87 View Post
check out the heat usa buyers group - they contract through some local vendors, mine is Port Energy, and control the price the company can set above cost on a daily basis. You get a full service contract, paya $30 yearly membership, and $16 for each extra zone. No set price or ceiling, you simply pay the price the day of your fill up. We signed up, had Port there within a couple of days for a system review, the guy educated me on the system, then we recieved a fill up a few days ago. Seemed to be priced just right.

Mind if I asked how much you paid per gallon? I have been struggling with the decision to either go with a contract, COD or buyers group. Anybody have any recommendation? Thanks..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island