Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2010, 11:40 AM

3,172 posts, read 6,747,138 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycguy26 View Post

The other day my I go to the office to pay the rent and the tenant that lives under me in the 1st floor complaint put in a complaint about me that my kids were making too much noise and that my dog pooped on my balcony and it felt thru the cracks and landed on his porch, this guy has 2 kids of his own and they play with my kids, greets me almost every morning before going to work he went to the office to complaint? 1st I had no idea my dog pooped in my porch, 2nd didn’t know my kids were so loud, what I don’t understand is why did he have to go to the office for that and not bring it to my attention? i don’t want to seem like I’m overreacting but I see this every day, is it just me or people seem fake here? Like I said got everything I wanted, spend more times with kids, decent job, cheap rent, good schools, but I still want to go back, why is that?

Well that’s my story…
fake. How does that quote go? If a New Yorker doesn't like you, he tells you to F*** OFF. If someone from the South doesn't like you, they say "Bless your little heart" ... something like that, you get the drift. It's really messed up that he did that to you, I pity those people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2010, 12:36 PM

19,219 posts, read 17,095,590 times
Quote:
The other day my I go to the office to pay the rent and the tenant that lives under me in the 1st floor complaint put in a complaint about me that my kids were making too much noise and that my dog pooped on my balcony and it felt thru the cracks and landed on his porch, this guy has 2 kids of his own and they play with my kids, greets me almost every morning before going to work he went to the office to complaint? 1st I had no idea my dog pooped in my porch, 2nd didn’t know my kids were so loud, what I don’t understand is why did he have to go to the office for that and not bring it to my attention? i don’t want to seem like I’m overreacting but I see this every day, is it just me or people seem fake here? Like I said got everything I wanted, spend more times with kids, decent job, cheap rent, good schools, but I still want to go back, why is that?

Well that’s my story…
You know I have probably read the same story on the NYC area boards a dozen times,same scenario different location. My favorite was a post where he stated that his neighbor parks in front of his house and he didn't know why. Over a dozen posts said everthing from put dog feces on the handles to nails under the tires. Only 2 people said speak with him and find out why. People on LI go from 0-60 over the smallest thing so whats the difference? Why not ask the neirghbor why he didn't speak with you first? Maybe he complained months prior before he knew you well...

Overall it seems New Yorkers are the least tolerant of anything different, when they move they want everything the way they know it. If not it's wrong, stupid, ignorant etc. Like a previous poster said give it a year or so, you've allready said there are some advantages.

Old 10-06-2010, 12:39 PM

6,151 posts, read 10,030,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pequaman View Post
fake. How does that quote go? If a New Yorker doesn't like you, he tells you to F*** OFF. If someone from the South doesn't like you, they say "Bless your little heart" ... something like that, you get the drift. It's really messed up that he did that to you, I pity those people.
Pity...

I've yet to meet these "Bless your little heart" people you pity, however I know of an endless list of your New Yorker's (especially LIers) who pick up the phone to call the Town, the Police, et al on their neighbors for any of the tiniest whiniest little issues.

I've also seen plenty of petty neighborhood gossip sessions behind people's back that would shame these people you pity. If talking behind people's backs were a sport, LIers would be champions.

Old 10-06-2010, 12:41 PM

46 posts, read 88,038 times
Quote:
huh

Old 10-06-2010, 12:46 PM

Quote:
yea ur telling me, the other day im driving in my parking spot and the neighbors accross the street are out barbecuing, (Daughter and father) i waved at the daughter and she didn't wave back or said anything, i know she saw me because we made eye contact, then my fiance's daughter gets of the car and she greets fiances daughter by her name and all, i was like, WHAT?

Old 10-06-2010, 01:03 PM

one of my neighbor which hes like in his mid 50s spends a bit too much time with his 21 year old daughter, i mean a lot of time, see them in the pool together at night, don't see the mom very often. the other day i sent the kids out the pool and i went to check up on them, and there they were, very close to each other. got the kids out of the pool and went home, about 10pm i went to the laundry room and there they were, still in the pool. i went back home and told my fiance about it and she tells me she doesn't believe that's hes daughter. well what ever it is it doesn't look right, there's 3 girls in our household and its becoming to the point that 2 them are kind off grossed out by it.

Old 10-06-2010, 02:10 PM

22,670 posts, read 36,804,509 times
^^^ You do seem like a gem of a neighbor. Can't believe no one says hi to you!

Old 10-07-2010, 01:01 PM

3,172 posts, read 6,747,138 times
Quote:
yea ur telling me, the other day im driving in my parking spot and the neighbors accross the street are out barbecuing, (Daughter and father) i waved at the daughter and she didn't wave back or said anything, i know she saw me because we made eye contact, then my fiance's daughter gets of the car and she greets fiances daughter by her name and all, i was like, WHAT?
That is creepy as hell.

Old 10-07-2010, 05:11 PM

right now at this moment im seating in my couch like 2 feet from my balcony and the neighbor that lives downstairs just told another neighbor walking his dog that my dog poops in the balcony and falls thru the cracks and ends up in his balcony, WTF? i dont understand i greet this guy almost everyday and his kids play with my kids, what should i do, should i confront him?

Old 10-07-2010, 05:13 PM

Quote:
That is creepy as hell.
yea man that's i said, just bumped into them like an 2 hours ago in walmart
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island