Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2010, 06:53 AM

405 posts, read 1,163,873 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fanofavatar1 View Post
Which place has the best wings in your opinion?
Right now I rank them:

1) Croxley's
2) Fatty's
3) Wings Over
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2010, 07:33 AM

9,341 posts, read 29,688,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sean sean sean sean View Post
... do you ever hear back from any of them?
A little less than half the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean sean sean sean View Post
I think you really may be having an effect. It wasn't until the last few years that I have ever even heard of some of these places. I know the news still gets it "wrong" a lot of the time, but I am noticing them using the "correct" geography more and more.
Having the Census Bureau's online address search function is a big help.

Old 06-19-2010, 12:00 PM

6 posts, read 15,397 times
Hi, I live in N. Massapequa (13yrs.), Farmingdale school district. I chose to send my girls to Maria Regina (private) but the family accross the street has their children in Albany Avenue, (then to the middle school, Howitt, then to Farmingdale)...I also have a good friend who is in Plainedge school district. Her daughter just started middle school. I feel that if you keep a tight hold on your kids, they will be fine, but I can also tell you that if your child is very smart, they can benefit from such a big school, if your child needs help they too will benefit...its the ones in the middle that tend to get lost.
We are currently thinking of relocating to FL, and I can tell you that Farmingdale School district will definetly lower the resale value of your home. But if you do like the area there are other school options.

Old 06-21-2010, 06:40 AM

126 posts, read 522,590 times
Quote:
We are currently thinking of relocating to FL, and I can tell you that Farmingdale School district will definetly lower the resale value of your home. But if you do like the area there are other school options.
Are you trying to sell your house now and not getting what you think you should get for your house?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island