Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2010, 07:31 PM

7 posts, read 13,934 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone,

I recently acquired a job offer and am having a dreaded time finding out where to live based on the threads found here.

It seems no one really recommends lancaster and suggest the west side of Lancaster, ie. Quartz Hill or commuting from Santa Clarita. However, I dont think I want to commute from Santa Clarita to Lancaster.

So....does anybody here know of some nice town homes with 2bedroom/2ba, W/D, A/C, garage, etc? I recently visited the apts/condos over there and did not seem too impressed with the apts and areas surrounding them. Kind of scary..

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2010, 08:18 PM

26,329 posts, read 93,743,760 times
It would only be an easy 40 minutes against traffic to live in Santa Clarita. Give it some more thought.

Old 07-08-2010, 09:37 PM

Thanks for the quick response Charles, does a $1000 apt exist in Santa Clarita with the amenities I described? Or is that just not feasible. Thanks again.

Old 07-09-2010, 07:49 AM

26,329 posts, read 93,743,760 times
Try HousingMaps and MapsKrieg - CraigsList Apartment Listings Mashed With Google Maps

Old 07-09-2010, 11:35 PM

33 posts, read 244,795 times
I don't live in Lancaster, but have worked a lot of times there, and it's not a city i would like to live at. Santa clarita is nicer, but I don't think you'd find a $1000 2 bd condo there, most apartments are new constructions so they tend to be a bit expensive.

Old 07-10-2010, 10:05 AM

105 posts, read 306,242 times
You would realistically probably have to stretch the budget an extra $200 to consider Santa Clarita.
I haven't checked, but I'd think for $1000 you should be able to find a single family house in a decent part of AV to rent. If it's much more than that, it would probably cost less monthly to buy a place there.

If you like the country, I'd check out Leona valley, Green Valley, Lake Hughes, Lake Elizabeth area. There all small communities nestled in the hills right outside of the Antelope valley.

Old 07-10-2010, 05:22 PM

I would definitely pay a little more for SC and would opt for a 1 BD/1 BA but I am going to work 12 hr shifts and I would be looking at 14 hrs total for round trip commute. That does suck. I dunno if I will be able to hang on the road. Also, I will be working night shifts.

Old 07-10-2010, 09:35 PM

1 posts, read 2,735 times
Oh Lancaster is not so bad. I have been here for years. I would never want to drive to SC and waste the time and the gas to pay MORE for a rental. I have a relative that has a condo on the westside by the college. 30th west and K-4. Check those out they are gated etc.. There was a rental 2 bedroom with a garage for $1000. not to long ago with two masters bathrooms. You need to stay away from section 8 renters and walk through traffic.

Last edited by Scattered2010; 07-10-2010 at 09:39 PM.. Reason: price error.

Old 07-11-2010, 12:00 AM

Thanks Scattered, I was originally from Indio, CA and from what I have been told its not that different in Lancaster, CA. I will check out the apts you mentioned when I drive up there this coming week. Thanks for the advice. Hopefully, I can find something thats not too bad.

Old 07-12-2010, 12:25 PM

3 posts, read 6,469 times
I currently work in Lancaster and live in neighboring Palmdale. I have lived here for over three years now and I like it. I like Santa Clarita but there is much to like about the Lancaster/Palmdale area as well. Like many have already stated; the West side is the more desirable area. That said, you will not find a decent apartment in Santa Clarita for under $1,400. I know this because I have looked. You will however find many places in Lancaster and Palmdale for $1,000.

Another thing is the drive which adds and hour and a half to your day and a couple hundred dollars a month in gas.

There is plenty of shopping/dining and things to do. Not to mention the wide-open spaces that you will not find in Santa Clarita.

If you are interested, I have a condo for sale. you can check it out here;
[url]http://clmhomes.com/houses_for_sale/44508-15th.php[/url]

Whatever you decide... good luck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles