Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-27-2007, 10:34 PM

2 posts, read 6,776 times

Advertisements

Hi,
Would greatly appreciate some feedback. I'm moving from PA next month and will have a job in Lancaster (4days/week), what is the best area to live? Also, any suggestions regarding where to spend the long weekends (needs to be within a "reasonable" driving distance)...LA , SD?
Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2007, 08:13 AM

1,703 posts, read 6,468,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rafoush1 View Post
Hi,
Would greatly appreciate some feedback. I'm moving from PA next month and will have a job in Lancaster (4days/week), what is the best area to live? Also, any suggestions regarding where to spend the long weekends (needs to be within a "reasonable" driving distance)...LA , SD?
Thanks!
You should live in the Santa Clarita Valley. You would drive the 14 freeway to work, 30 minutes, and the same freeway the other way, 30 minutes. It's a true blessing to work in Lancaster, because you can commute from another area and have little traffic. Most of the jobs are closer to the city of Los Angeles, and not away from it as Lancaster is positioned. The Santa Clarita Valley is a great area, there's also another community between Lancaster and Santa Clarita Valley, but I'm not sure what it's called, I know it runs along the fourteen freeway. The SCV, has great schools and is very new! Lancaster has gotten rougher over the years, there are nice areas if you choose to live there, but much of the surrounding area has old exteriors. Driving from Santa Clarita Valley to San Diego will take two hours, forty five minutes without traffic. Santa Clarita Valley to Downtown Los Angeles should take fifty minutes without traffic. Hope that helps friend! BTW, Santa Clarita has a nice dry heat in the summer, mid 90's. The winter's range from night time mid 30's to high 60's. There's no sticky humidity in summer like the Northeast, and the winter is only a dry cold.

Old 01-29-2007, 03:36 PM

2 posts, read 6,776 times
Default Thanks!(NT)

Thanks a lot, that helps.

Old 01-31-2007, 06:21 AM

40 posts, read 184,221 times
I'd agree that Santa Clarita would be your best option but even some parts have gone down hill there too. Either way, SC is much better than Lancaster. I grew up in the Canyon Country area, in "Sand Canyon". I wouldn't choose to live further away from Lancaster, say in Valencia or Saugus/ Newhall, etc... the traffic in Santa Clarita can be horrendous these days. If you're not worried about schools for children, try living a bit closer to Lancaster (ie. Aqua Dulce, Quartz Hill- I think). The 14 can get extremely backed up too, especially where the 5 freeway and 14 split, and around Sierra HWY.

Be prepared for above 105 degree temps more than once over the summer. You might even see a few days at 115 or slightly more!!!

Old 01-31-2007, 06:34 AM

1,703 posts, read 6,468,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madonna Inn View Post

Be prepared for above 105 degree temps more than once over the summer. You might even see a few days at 115 or slightly more!!!
The average temps of summer are mid 90's, weather.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles