Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2010, 02:00 PM

16,289 posts, read 32,350,015 times

Advertisements

Years ago Maxine Waters came down hard on Newt Gingrich for ethics violations. One comment she made regarding Newt going after Democrats for ethics violations was that what is good for the goose is good for the gander. I am thinking that will haunt her now.

My question is do you think those that elect her in her district will pull their support and open their eyes or will they put her back in office in November? That is if she doesn't end up doing time.

Maxine Waters: charges highlight mixed ethics record - CSMonitor.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2010, 02:15 PM

8,555 posts, read 10,981,308 times
I think the voters in her district will finally see her for what she is, a hypocritical, racist, money grabbing bureaucrat that finally got caught.
I hope the ethics commitee throws her to the lions.
Never liked her racist attitude.
Bob.

Old 08-04-2010, 02:29 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,484,310 times
Since no one ever made any money betting on the collective intelligence or memory of the electorate, I can see her possibly getting reelected because all too many people will vote for a party and/or a race regardless of ethics, experience or any other considerations.

Old 08-04-2010, 02:43 PM

7,411 posts, read 10,391,849 times
Waters knows if she violated ethic rules and should resign unless somehow she is innocent [which looks unlikely]. Waters' district will probably support her even if she is guilty because of all the positive things she has done [plus it is die-hard Democratic].

Old 08-04-2010, 03:09 PM

16,289 posts, read 32,350,015 times
CALGUY, and they call white guys racist because who would ever go after an African American woman that may have broke the law.

Curmudgeon, I know, people seem to have this short memory span, plus I am sure she has given a lot to the people of her area, heck she gave the bank her husband is a part of Millions of dollars to stay afloat, money that has yet to be paid back.

california sur, wouldn't she she realize the ethics of the situation? Looks blatant to me from my limited point of view. Must be good to be part of the ruling class.

Old 08-04-2010, 03:40 PM

364 posts, read 991,389 times
This is what happens when people in power remain in office; they think they are invincible and above the law.

I say term limits for all elected officials.

Old 08-04-2010, 03:45 PM

7,411 posts, read 10,391,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOON2BNSURPRISE View Post
CALGUY, and they call white guys racist because who would ever go after an African American woman that may have broke the law.

Curmudgeon, I know, people seem to have this short memory span, plus I am sure she has given a lot to the people of her area, heck she gave the bank her husband is a part of Millions of dollars to stay afloat, money that has yet to be paid back.

california sur, wouldn't she she realize the ethics of the situation? Looks blatant to me from my limited point of view. Must be good to be part of the ruling class.
Waters is 72 yrs old and needs to resign for the good of her party and as a public servant of the people of California. She knows what she must do and will either act with dignity or be selfish and criminal.

Old 08-04-2010, 03:58 PM

5,821 posts, read 5,304,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by californio sur View Post
Waters is 72 yrs old and needs to resign for the good of her party and as a public servant of the people of California. She knows what she must do and will either act with dignity or be selfish and criminal.

Wow, both of these people (Rangel) have been crooks,
and liars, a long time. Time really does fly when you
are having fun.

Old 08-04-2010, 04:32 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,183,567 times
I've been aware of her for thirty years. At least. Watching her has been one big .

Old 08-04-2010, 04:52 PM

8,555 posts, read 10,981,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by californio sur View Post
What she WILL DO, is play the race card.
She will say it is a trumped up charge , and that her and her fellow democrat Charlie Rangel are on the receiving end of a blantant racist act trying to admonish both her and Charlie because they are black.
As George Bush senior said once, "Read my lips", I am saying the same.
Watch what happens in this case concerning this hypocritical witch.
If this were happening any other time than so close to the november elections, perhaps the charges would not have come about.
The opposition party is using all their options in an effort to regain leadership in congress.
Couple their efforts along with the state of the union presently, and it doesn't look good for the party in office now.
Ethics, or in this case, the lack of them has risen it's ugly head to the forefront of the political theater, and just as in any other political confrontation, there will be loosers, and winners.
If Waters plays the race card, as I fully expect she will, it will be the end of her career in Washington.
Bob.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
View detailed profiles of: