Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2013, 07:10 PM

1 posts, read 1,208 times

Advertisements

Tiffany have you found a place yet?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2013, 08:07 PM

2,170 posts, read 3,306,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neenapatt View Post
Tiffany have you found a place yet?
I can see you're new to the boards, so just a lil advice. Take a look at the date of the post. Your're responding to some thing 2 years old

Old 08-03-2015, 11:30 AM

13 posts, read 13,640 times
Default Section 8 in Santa Monica

Section 8 is an entitlement program for people that can not help themselves. The program is paid for the taxpayers. The taxpayers are taxed by the government. The government controls the Section 8 program with funds and materials from the taxpayers. Entitlements are entitlements just like water is water. It is what it is!

Old 08-04-2015, 09:01 AM

1,927 posts, read 1,900,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mscherie View Post
both said Santa Monica is really one of the most safe communities out there.
I've lived in Santa Monica for 28 years. It is indeed one of the most desirable area of L.A. to live in. Which is why it's so expensive.

Yes, it's hard to buy champagne on a beer budget.

Old 08-04-2015, 03:23 PM

94 posts, read 147,508 times
Obama set to force affordable housing into affluent communities - Washington Times

The American Dream is dead.

Old 08-04-2015, 08:00 PM

8,452 posts, read 15,037,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldzero View Post
Did you actually read the article you posted?

"The House voted 229-193 for a measure that prevents HUD from implementing the Affirmatively Furthering Fair Housing (AFFH) regulation."

Old 05-01-2016, 04:59 PM

3 posts, read 2,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mscherie View Post
Hi i am a U.S Navy veteran, 30 years old with a 12+ years of responsible rental tenancy before being accepted for the section 8 program.I also have good credit history.I have a school aged child and I myself am a full time student.

I have a section 8 voucher and I'm looking for affordable AND safe section 8 in Santa Monica, CA. I am relocating from Columbus, Ohio.

My problem is that the Santa Monica housing authority has advised me they only have a "handful" of properties available and they will not send me a list of available housing units.

How in the world I will be able to find housing without being in California is beyond me so I plan to make a trip in mid March but I'm very worried I won't be able to find housing in the time that I'm out there let alone coordinate the transferrance of my voucher in time so that my daughter and i will not be without housing. I am set to move at the end of April/beginning of May timeframe.

If anyone knows of real estate agents/owners or property who rent to section 8 voucher holders and are looking for a responsible, and quiet tenant please respond to this as I want a great environment for myself and my daughter. Also any additional info would be helpful.

Any information/tips/contacts would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks so much,
Tiffany
Look at culver city! Somewhat good area and reasonable rents! Have family there that has told me that. As long as your voucher covers some of the cost not exceeding 40% of You modified adjusted gross income. $2,500 would be a good range to look in and possibly 3,000 and negotiate. If their rent can be covered and they discriminate against you, report them to the appropriate authority.

Old 05-01-2016, 05:02 PM

3 posts, read 2,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeToo2015 View Post
Section 8 is an entitlement program for people that can not help themselves. The program is paid for the taxpayers. The taxpayers are taxed by the government. The government controls the Section 8 program with funds and materials from the taxpayers. Entitlements are entitlements just like water is water. It is what it is!
Yet here I am paying for the retirement of many baby boomers and you don't hear me complaining! Suck it up and live your life.

Old 05-02-2016, 03:46 AM

5,800 posts, read 6,565,811 times
Waterfront RE has always been much pricier than the rest of any metro area you can think of, and no remotely intelligent landlord is going to put up with the gruesome hassle factor and restrictions associated with section 8.

As someone stated earlier, go inland.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles