Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2011, 05:38 PM

3,550 posts, read 6,491,825 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie100 View Post
Ummm.. No. Safety is not "vitally" important to me. I actually hate the "safe" areas of OC like Irvine etc. That's why I'm moving to L.A I like a bit of danger.
But not enough danger that you can get killed right? Heck if that's the case, you should move next to Disneyland or Knott's Berry
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2011, 07:22 PM

93 posts, read 85,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
dudette, you are paranoid!!! it is not that bad. the area surrounding hollywood forever (immed. west/ southwest) is pretty rough, but if you are driving THROUGH, you have very little to fear. i have friends that live off of vine and SaMo. it is admittedly a sketchy area, but not as bad as you think.

further, looking at the homicide map and focusing on an area bounded by vine on the west, normandie on the east, hollywood blvd on the north and melrose on the south (a pretty big area)
you will see that only 3 homicides have occured there this year. for an area that populous it is pretty low. its 7 homicides this year when we expand the parameters to franklin, virgil, 3rd highland.

you might not be grown enough (emotionally, physically, psychologically, etc) to handle the area if you are unable to discern these statistics rationally. i would hate for any lil siren to send you into a panic attack. learn to look at the stats in a way that does not suit any particular [paranoid] agenda.

PS that MTV guy got killed almost 6 months ago. it was a robbery. suspects have been aprehended/charged.

PPS ive been reading the homicide blog before there was this nifty map (jill levoy days). i take it all with a grain of salt. very few homicides are random. very few.

stop being so scared of LA. if its too much for you stay in your gated community.
Excellent post. Correlating aggregated homicide reports in a large and highly populated area to what you might experience driving through there is a real stretch, to put it mildly.

Old 10-11-2011, 03:45 PM

1,715 posts, read 2,838,427 times
I say skip the Homicide Report and go right to the appellate court opinions (2nd circuit). Not quite as immediete but you can read all the sordid details.

Old 10-12-2011, 04:17 PM

12,823 posts, read 24,409,113 times
Then I guess Manchester east of the 405 is beyond no go.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles