Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2008, 11:07 AM

3 posts, read 21,987 times

Advertisements

i am moving to palmdale too soon i think, and i have been hearing some bad things too. i have been looking there and it seems nice, and clean. the mall seemed fine. if anyone has any info. let me know, like crime rate ect. thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2008, 03:14 PM

8 posts, read 39,263 times
Don't know what to say, don't want to discourage you.

I live in the Ana Verde Hills. One of the nicest areas in the Antelope Valley. This place has REALLY gone downhill in the last few years.

I sent my wife out of here with our kids to another state where I have family. I really enjoyed living and prospering here for a long time, but I can't take the filth here anymore.

I understand if you have to move here out of necessity. I would simply advise against it if you are a respectable person.

GL

Old 04-13-2008, 04:52 PM

1,211 posts, read 1,495,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkbonnieking View Post
i am moving to palmdale too soon i think, and i have been hearing some bad things too. i have been looking there and it seems nice, and clean. the mall seemed fine. if anyone has any info. let me know, like crime rate ect. thanks
It would be best if you listen to palmdaleresident . Palmdale/Lancaster was a nice area 20 years ago. Today its a cesspool.

Old 04-13-2008, 05:40 PM

158 posts, read 604,621 times
The farther west you go, the better. Stay away from the east side and you'll be fine. I've lived here for 20 years and I'm still alive.

aak

Old 04-16-2008, 11:52 AM

218 posts, read 708,305 times
Mark my spot,,,, hold on..... I'll be back

Old 04-16-2008, 11:54 AM

218 posts, read 708,305 times
Ok, I'm back. I had to grab and copy my reply from another thread.. here it is... uuuh

I've been in these towns since.......... '78-'79 ummm, yeah, some people around here are for s%#t, but like anywhere, most of the folks are okay, I've been renting a small home with a built in pool in Lancaster from friends of my wife for 8-10 years now for a mere $500/mo, and were looking at paying more this year to buy our own home in Palmdale (East),,,, PEOPLE, you can't live in fear; ignoring it in your own town is like ignoring that problems even exist on the earth and then where would we all be? (Bad can bubble-up to the surface just like cream) we just expose evil one day one breath one jerk at a time.... Keep happy & make phone calls, Get involved.

Last edited by Blockheadofaknew; 04-16-2008 at 11:55 AM.. Reason: East

Old 04-16-2008, 12:26 PM

708 posts, read 687,809 times
I'll just tell u the towns there since im short on time to post. Quartz Hill which is nice East/West Palmdale, East/West Lancaster, Leona Valley, Lake Hughes, Lake Elizabeth, Green Valley. some towns in the AV...look those up and see what you can find. Lake Elizabeth, Green Valley and Lake Hughes r in the moutains you have to go through the San Fransiqutto Canyon and thats a VERY long canyon. I hope u find what your looking for

Old 04-29-2008, 09:23 PM

571 posts, read 1,932,072 times
Come on though is Palmdale WORSE than L.A. or just the same ? I was looking to move there and getting excited but now ...

Old 04-30-2008, 08:21 AM

637 posts, read 3,236,267 times
[quote=junkman18;3449215]It would be best if you listen to palmdaleresident . Palmdale/Lancaster was a nice area 20 years ago. Today its a cesspool.[/quote]

See above...

Old 04-30-2008, 09:15 AM

14,530 posts, read 20,114,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkbonnieking View Post
Palmdale (and Lancaster) are over the mountains north of the main areas of Los Angeles. Most LA residents would consider these desert cities to be a "less desirable" part of LA. Depending on your occupation there are some good jobs there, some of them associated with military bases, and of course there are always infrastructure jobs such as retail sales, auto sales and repair, restaurants, etc. Palmdale and Lancaster have all of the same big box retail stores and chain restaurants as the rest of LA and supermarkets too, so you have all the conveniences of modern life. BUT if you have any kind of fancy occupation you'll probably be commuting to the San Fernando Valley or beyond to other parts of LA. The commute to SFV alone can be an hour or more, and that's with no accidents. Note also that the weather in the desert cities is usually hotter than the LA basin during the summer, colder during the winter, and windier when it's windy. The only plus I can think of is that housing is significantly cheaper.

So move there if you must, but I'd never live there unless I had to live in LA and couldn't afford anywhere else. I would plan on watching a lot of TV and never looking out the windows.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles