Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-09-2012, 09:46 PM

5 posts, read 6,633 times

Advertisements

is that area a predominately black community. there is a ralphs shopping center, trader joes..also,i remember seeing a Kohls dept store, in out burger.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2012, 09:50 PM

7,226 posts, read 22,197,011 times
no, that area (westchester) is not predominately black, but as you go further east towards inglewood there is a large black population. however, because of the proximity to inglewood and its general lack of shopping options, many of the store patrons in westchester are black.

Old 03-09-2012, 10:07 PM

6,116 posts, read 12,599,484 times
BR is right on the money as usual. That area is called Westchester (city of la) and is not necessarily black. There are pockets but not specifically. Area is nice and probably getting nicer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 03-10-2012, 06:32 AM

135 posts, read 476,519 times
The Winchester area is a traveller's dream home location to me. Close proximity to airport, nice shops, nice community, easy access on and off freeway. I would've loved to own property there. North of Manchester@LaBrea Blvds is a majority Black area and many of the folks I know that lived in this area would shop Winchester stores because shops a Western@Crenshaw Blvds are almost always busy and the area gets congested alot.

I always found Winchester to be mostly White people with a few Blacks and Hispanics. Then, as you move east in that area from LAX it starts to become more Hispanic. Further east around LA Brea Blvd it starts to become a mix of Black and Hispanics. And then it become mostly Black people after Crenshaw Blvd until maybe around Normandie Blvd where it starts going back to the Black/Hispanic mix.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles