Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2007, 05:17 AM

413 posts, read 1,845,967 times

Advertisements

No lie TRUE STORY: the other day (I still live in Indiana BTW) a blond girl in a Toyota w/ Cali plates was cruising along the lane next to me for a couple miles, we get up to the LEFT turn lane and shes about 25 ft. ahead still in the right lane. She cuts over cutting me off, then into the left turn lane (so she cut over 2 lanes basically) with no turn signal or anything like it was nothing and made her turn. Her car dealership decal on the back sid Los Angeles. Funny though, I didn't even get mad, I actually had to laugh. You always hear the total cliches about blonde drivers in California, then you witness it, just found it funny (until someone gets hurt).
Now, she's very very lucky it was ME she cut off, around here everyone takes everything on the road personal. They will follow you, bump your bumper, knock into you while screaming at you etc.
One man here was harassed for 2 years by a redneck he accidentally cut off in traffic. The redneck followed him home and continued to cut his tires and vandalize until the cops finally caught him in the act.
LA drivers may be bad, but at least most of you dont take it so personal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2007, 05:24 AM

9,725 posts, read 15,172,833 times
The drivers who scare the beejezuz out of me are the ones who suddenly realize they are missing their exit on the freeway, so they cut diagonally across 4 lanes of traffic to exit.

Old 09-28-2007, 08:08 AM

8,256 posts, read 17,351,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
The drivers who scare the beejezuz out of me are the ones who suddenly realize they are missing their exit on the freeway, so they cut diagonally across 4 lanes of traffic to exit.
omg. ya. its F****** scary when they're going 80 and cutting you off. sometimes it will 5 or even 6 lanes!

Old 09-28-2007, 08:28 AM

39 posts, read 181,305 times
Its actually Illegal....should you wish go ahead and ram into them if you reasonably believe them to have insurance (I.E. if you see a nice Mercedes or BMW make the turn into the left lane) The law is you must make your turn into the same lane you turned from... so a right turn you must turn into the right lane.

Old 09-28-2007, 08:48 AM

413 posts, read 1,845,967 times
Only in LA have I seen motorcycles speed between cars. Anytime we are in LA (especially on the 405) we see this alot. That is highly illegal in Indiana and I've NEVER seen that done here. People didn't even believe us when we told them. Wonder how many people die on the 405 every week? How many bikers?
They come really close at really high speeds too, they cant have much of a lifespan, or a brain for that matter. Is it LEGAL in Cali to do this?

Old 09-28-2007, 10:28 AM

1,297 posts, read 5,509,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakehorror View Post
Only in LA have I seen motorcycles speed between cars. Anytime we are in LA (especially on the 405) we see this alot. That is highly illegal in Indiana and I've NEVER seen that done here. People didn't even believe us when we told them. Wonder how many people die on the 405 every week? How many bikers?
They come really close at really high speeds too, they cant have much of a lifespan, or a brain for that matter. Is it LEGAL in Cali to do this?

Yes its legal to split lanes in California. Check your rearview mirror frequently and swing over a bit before they pass by. Be the friend that gives them a bit more room. Its one less car on the freeway

Old 09-28-2007, 10:30 AM

2,318 posts, read 7,846,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakehorror View Post
As a matter of fact, good sir, it is legal in Cali for motorcycles to go between cars. It is called lane sharing. It seems suicidal to me, but it's legal.

Old 09-28-2007, 11:06 AM

332 posts, read 2,150,141 times
it's legal to ride a motorcycle in between lanes, but I think their speed limit is 35 or 45mph... so if you see one going 65mph, he's asking for a nasty ticket.

Old 09-28-2007, 01:05 PM

723 posts, read 2,999,471 times
Actually, there's no rules other than this:

CHP -- Answers to Most Frequently Asked Questions

and California's "Basic Speed Law"

Myth busted.

Old 09-28-2007, 03:38 PM

652 posts, read 2,804,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
I once saw a girl spin her car trying to do that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles