Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2012, 05:33 PM

1,468 posts, read 2,154,751 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJerseyBorn View Post
1. There's ways to go about about. Set up an email account just for that ad...and have an automatic response to the emails..which gives extra details about car and condition.

2. Also mabey once a week set up a day and time to have something like an "OPEN HOUSE" but for your car rather than a house. That way you don't have to set up all these different time and dates to show the car and answer the same questions. Let the people responding know...there were a lot of responses and if you are serious about, buying there is a showing on such and such day at such and such time.

3. Give as many photos and info as possible in the Ad....and Even more info in the automatic repsonse. This will make you seem more trust worth, beacuse you aren't hiding anything. These people are probably responding to many ads like you...so the first seller that gets back to them, will be taken more seriously...goes both ways...thats the beauty of number 2....automatic response email.
I've heard of the first tip, but I don't particularly see the point. I would be able to give them an answer copied and pasted.

Yeah, I even asked them if they wanted to come look at it but they didn't... Craigslist is generally seen as a sketchy place to begin with. I'm surprised people have found what they did.

I asked one if they ever got any other answers and they said they didn't. I'm not surprised why.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2012, 05:54 PM

1,963 posts, read 5,629,147 times
have you tried all the internet sites like edmunds, cars.com, carsdirect & autotrader? I'm iffy on craigslist because i've found many buyers & sellers to be sketchy dealers posing as individuals. If you want an older model high-mileage beater you can find a list of AAA garages and call around asking if any of their regular customers were interested in selling. My cousin found a buyer for his 4 Runner that way.

Old 08-03-2012, 03:34 AM

140 posts, read 505,040 times
Another option if you can't afford car insurance...but don't want to ride a motorcycle....

get a HONDA Silverwing 600...It's a super power scooter as strong as a ninja 600. It can go 110 mph...best part is its automatic transmission, and has a huge storage compartment for a full size helmet and groceries. You can get a used one for like $3000 and only have to pay 200-300 for insurance for the whole year. Sweet Deal.

Also a Suzuki Burgman 650

Old 08-04-2012, 02:41 AM

127 posts, read 198,589 times
There is a TON along Van Nuys blvd. They actually call it the Auto Row.
What car are you looking for and what's your budget?

Old 08-04-2012, 10:01 AM

45 posts, read 82,881 times
Default The rental agencies sell cars, too

Check the websites of rental agencies like Hertz, Avis, Enterprise, etc. They all sell cars. In 2003, I purchased a 2002 Toyota Solara from Enterprise and it's still running strong. No haggling or negotiating. The advertised price is what it is.

The sales folks told me that when the rental cars reach their 'end of life', about 90% of them end up at auction, and the remaining 10% are sold at their various auto sales facilities (check their websites). They had sedans, coupes, crossovers, vans, pickups, etc. A pretty good selection. And if you see something on their website that is not located at a sales facility near you, they will have it delivered the next day, as they did in my case.

I also asked if they could install leather. They did, and the price was several hundred dollars less than what a dealership would've charged.

I was more than pleased with the experience. And it sure beat the heck out of dealing with an automobile dealership and all their B.S.

Old 08-06-2012, 06:52 PM

1,215 posts, read 2,962,929 times
Try Honda Los Angeles Galpin for something affordable. Galpin is well known in L.A and I know some folks who were very happy with their purchases.
Something like a used Accord or Civic will practically last forever, well over 100k miles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcw57 View Post
Check the websites of rental agencies like Hertz, Avis, Enterprise, etc. They all sell cars. In 2003, I purchased a 2002 Toyota Solara from Enterprise and it's still running strong. No haggling or negotiating. The advertised price is what it is.
Yep, you can find some great deals at used cars Los Angeles at Enterprise I recommend shopping around and seeing what's out there. Get a Carfax too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles