Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2012, 10:45 AM

1,468 posts, read 2,152,329 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrolman View Post
Gee, I've been on the LAPD for 38 years and never knew that. Look at all the raises I've missed.
I see cop cars daily from October to December, sometimes as often as three times a day.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2012, 12:55 PM

8,555 posts, read 10,981,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jinso View Post
I violated VC 21950(a), which is failure to yield to pedestrians in a crosswalk. I was driving around in LA today and I was at a corner with a red light. I was waiting to make my right turn and I noticed the crosswalk signal go off as I was turning. It was one of those really long crosswalks and I figured theres no way I am gonna hit anyone by going since there were people all the way at the beginning of the crosswalk. If they were in the middle already walking, of course Id stop for them. Anyone here ever get a ticket for this?? I hear the fine is worth over $200.00.

You, and a million others deserve the ticket.
The law states you must stop when someone is in the crosswalk.
That doesn't mean when they are half way across the crosswalk, that means the second they step off the curb into the crosswalk.
PAY THE FINE AND LEARN A LESSON.
Bob..

Old 10-28-2012, 02:04 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,139,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jinso View Post
Didnt admit my guilt on the ticket. Already have to pay the bail amount, why not try if I got nothing else to lose? I wont get penalized more if I lose the contestation. Thats why I "feel" like I should. We get the right to contest pursuant to vc 40902 in a written not guilty plea.
And what, pray tell, do you plan to use as a defense? It's going to be the police officer's word against yours and whose do you think they are going to believe? You're going to make a FOOL OF YOURSELF. Please. If you have a defense, then fine, plead not guilty, but don't waste everybody's time (including the WORKING PEOPLE who must sit there and wait until their case is called, missing work), just because you want to be a PITA. You are going to end paying the fine and the court costs anyway. You might as well just send the money in and be done with it.

20yrsinBranson

Old 10-28-2012, 02:21 PM

11,039 posts, read 16,866,369 times
I was sitting at a light on Wilshire waiting for people to cross once... big boulevard, and they were crossing on the other side. Just sighed and waited. Guy behind me leans on his horn; I don't budge. He goes around me and floors it. Motorcycle cop does a U-turn from the opposite lane and lights him up. Don't even wanna know how bad that ticket was...

Old 10-28-2012, 05:14 PM

418 posts, read 1,735,008 times
If they're at the beginning of the crosswalk, you wait. Not only is it the law, but it's the right, safe thing to do -- otherwise, someone turns a bit wide and clips one of the people who are at the beginning of the crosswalk. I really doubt you'll get any sympathy in court.

Old 10-28-2012, 07:09 PM

137 posts, read 454,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1200RT View Post
But hey, maybe your time is less valuable than mine.
love how 1200RT brags about how valuable his time is, yet is one of the most active posters on this forum.

Old 10-28-2012, 07:30 PM

8,943 posts, read 11,786,454 times
So you are supposed to wait for your light to turn green before you can make a right turn? If that's so I have been doing it wrong all the years I have been driving. To make a right turn, I usually slow down enough to observe crossing traffic. If there isn't any, I make the turn. Is that wrong?

Old 10-28-2012, 07:45 PM

4,932 posts, read 12,763,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueherons View Post
Incorrect on both counts.

Police can get you anywhere if you are breaking the law. They do not need a search warrant to arrest you at your home.

A friend tried this and not only got a DUI in their driveway but also got ticketed for trying to run from the police.
I go into my garage. Close the garage door while in the car. . He can not enter. what is he going to do?

Old 10-28-2012, 07:48 PM

16,806 posts, read 39,950,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumerian Feast View Post
If they're at the beginning of the crosswalk, you wait. Not only is it the law, but it's the right, safe thing to do -- otherwise, someone turns a bit wide and clips one of the people who are at the beginning of the crosswalk. I really doubt you'll get any sympathy in court.
But you'll still get a ticket if you drive on after they pass you. That's the stupid part.

Old 10-28-2012, 08:08 PM

418 posts, read 1,735,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fontucky View Post
But you'll still get a ticket if you drive on after they pass you. That's the stupid part.
I agree, that is dumb.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles