Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-20-2012, 04:26 PM

2 posts, read 2,578 times

Advertisements

I'm going to be going to school in Burbank (attending MUD), and am wondering what would be the best area to live in? I honestly don't mind commuting, so as long as the place is within 45 minutes that's perfect. My problems is that I have pets (2 cats) and I need a place that isn't too terribly expensive. Also, somewhere that's not completely murder-town, as I don't currently have my dogs with me, and my cats would be terrible protectors.

I'm also not from the west coast, so I have no idea of the areas other then what google maps tells me.

Help me out?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2012, 04:39 PM

10,078 posts, read 15,865,506 times
What is your budget? What kinds of things do you like to do (i.e. outdoorsy, arts, music, clubbing), and where exactly are you coming / what kind of neighborhood are you looking for. I'd look within the Valley (North Hollywood, Valley Village, Burbank itself, Studio City) since you are looking for cheaper but LA neighborhoods vary wildly in character, safety, price, geography - even in the Valley. So I guess it would be easier to give advice if you elaborate a bit about what you are looking for.

Old 12-20-2012, 05:02 PM

2 posts, read 2,578 times
Budget is somewhere around $1200 a month for rent. As far as things to do...eerr...I'm into art/film...and geeking out about Doctor Who. My main thing is safety, really.

Old 12-21-2012, 09:29 AM

4,538 posts, read 10,633,438 times
Live in an older building in Burbank.

Like this:

Studio, 1920 Peyton, Burbank

Or if you want something a bit nicer:

Immaculate 1Bed/1Bath Condo

Or:

1950'S BURBANK 1+1 CHARMING APT. WITH A WOOD BURNING FIRE PLACE

Old 12-21-2012, 10:07 AM

1,298 posts, read 1,824,513 times
John beat me to it with his excellent suggestions. Burbank is a great place and I believe you will find it to be safe and should be able to locate an apartment that will take your kitties too.
Griffith Park is nearby, the Observatory and so much more is right around there.
I notice you are into Art & Film so (as I have done so many times here on CDF) I have to recommend a visit to The Vista Theater. Here's a link to some info: CINEMA SIGHTLINES
The prices are among the best in town for first run movies: $9.50 for regular admission, $6.50 matinees and $5.50 for kids under 12 and seniors - of course you won't qualitfy for that last price!
The place is over 85 years old but has dolby digital sound and Sony digital projection on a large screen - and the space between seats is great. You can stretch out your legs and people can still walk in front of you. The manager (Victor) gets into costume sometimes just to up the spirit of the movie being shown. The only caution is: parking, be very careful where you park.
Anyway, hope this is helpful and welcome!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles