Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2013, 06:52 PM

20 posts, read 88,073 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by john1425 View Post
Seemed like it. Well he did not have any tattoos but he started with 'Yo', pointing three fingers of each hand down and then it was all "You f$#@ing with me ? with me ?". He also did a fist to fist with some friend of his walking on the road after he drove away.
This detailed bit was hilarious, thank you for a much needed laugh. I don't mean to laugh at your predicament, its just funny that he fist bumped some stranger on the street.

The obvious answer is to never, ever EVER roll down your window to someone who is obviously in a road rage. I also never roll down the window to bums or strangers that approach at gas stations and such.

In fact, if that happened to me and I saw a guy fitting your description about to get out of his car at a stop light, not only would I NOT roll down any window, I would tear the heck out of there, running through a red light if need be.

In your case, a bad thing happened to a nice person. Sometimes unfortunately you just have to assume the worst about people in the interest of personal safety. I agree with the police officer ... karma will take care of him. Try to forgive him so you can forget about it. Obviously he is an extremely angry and unhappy, violent person. Be grateful all you got was spit and not a gunshot or car jacked. In the future keep your doors locked and don't instantly trust people that could mean harm to you.

Sorry that happened to you! Diamond Bar is a nice area and yeah, not to be a jerk, but he probably was from Pomona. Sorry Pomona. But you know he was one of yours.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2013, 07:13 PM

10,681 posts, read 6,117,157 times
Welcome to Los Angeles.. Crazy f*s, Rich psychos, spoiled folks, jaded locals, gangsters, weirdos, and disgruntled transplants. Pic your group..

Old 01-19-2013, 02:04 AM

5,488 posts, read 3,929,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunluvver2 View Post
Get tested for disease. The sputum on your jacket may be infested with Hiv/TB/ or dozens of other diseases.
In addition to my concealed weapon I carry a small squeeze bottle loaded with pepper juice spray from a jar of the HOTTEST peppers I can find. My personal preference is a small yellow pepper I get at a local Oriental foods market. I juice it in my food processor, strain it through a screen and add it to grain alcohol and a bright purple dye. This mixture not only incapacitates an attacker but it marks them for later identification. This mixture will not blind/kill an attacker but they will wish they were dead for a few minutes. It took a week for the purple stain to get off of my hands when I accidentally spilled some of the dye on my hands while mixing a batch of this brew.

A deadly weapon is a LAST RESORT. A simple device like my squeeze bottle allows a response that can be defended legally much easier than using deadly force.
GL2
I'm sure that concoction really comes in handy on the mean streets of Omaha

Old 01-19-2013, 02:13 AM

Quote:
Seemed like it. Well he did not have any tattoos but he started with 'Yo', pointing three fingers of each hand down and then it was all "You f$#@ing with me ? with me ?". He also did a fist to fist with some friend of his walking on the road after he drove away.
Lol, that's pretty hilarious. Given that you escaped unscathed. Maybe he just really wanted to impress his thug friend who just so happened to be walking by at the time of his moment of road rage glory

Old 01-19-2013, 02:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChIoe View Post
This detailed bit was hilarious, thank you for a much needed laugh. I don't mean to laugh at your predicament, its just funny that he fist bumped some stranger on the street.
Haha, I concur. It's rare that I truly laugh at loud at something I read on the Internet, but when I read that post, I legitimately laughed out loud.

Old 01-19-2013, 02:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicano3000X View Post
Welcome to Los Angeles.. Crazy f*s, Rich psychos, spoiled folks, jaded locals, gangsters, weirdos, and disgruntled transplants. Pic your group..
sounds like paradise to this here jaded weirdo

Old 01-19-2013, 04:17 AM

38 posts, read 102,317 times
Quote:
...I used to drive late at night in some of the most violent places and stayed in an apartment in Detroit which had cop cars driving inside with sirens almost every night...
Wow, and I thought I had lived in some bad places

Old 01-19-2013, 04:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisherofsouls View Post
Wow, and I thought I had lived in some bad places
haha

Old 01-22-2013, 11:11 AM

4,530 posts, read 8,868,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Marcinkiewicz View Post
I'm sure that concoction really comes in handy on the mean streets of Omaha
I've never used it on people yet Marcinkiewicz. However on the MEAN streets here in Lincoln I have used it three times. . . two Dobermans and one large Mutt. Having an option other than deadly force is nice.

GL2

Old 01-22-2013, 12:47 PM

1,045 posts, read 1,636,137 times
This thread screams for a non PC joke but I'll let it go...anyway, why did you roll your window down and why did you call 911? Man up yo!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles