Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-01-2007, 05:13 PM

4 posts, read 15,170 times

Advertisements

My boyfriend of 5 yrs (whom I live with) has to relocate to Pensacola, FL this December for work, and i might go with him. We both were born and raised in coastal California, we love the beach and surfing. I would like to live in a community as similar as I can get to San Diego, that is near the beach, and where other young professionals live. Any suggestions???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2007, 05:54 PM

8,256 posts, read 17,351,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iHEARTsd View Post
My boyfriend of 5 yrs (whom I live with) has to relocate to Pensacola, FL this December for work, and i might go with him. We both were born and raised in coastal California, we love the beach and surfing. I would like to live in a community as similar as I can get to San Diego, that is near the beach, and where other young professionals live. Any suggestions???
Ummm.................................WHY!?!?!?!?!? !?!?!?!?!?!?! THIS IS THE LOS ANGELES FORUM, NOT SAN DIEGO AND ESPECIALLY NOT PENSACOLA!

People need to learn to stop polluting our already busy forum with crap like this. Please, the regulars on here have enough forums to reply to.

Old 11-02-2007, 12:12 AM

635 posts, read 1,747,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessemh431 View Post

People need to learn to stop polluting our already busy forum with crap like this.
Yikes man! Take the brick off the accelerator. I agree though, people in California are going to know nothing about Pensacola, FL.

Old 11-03-2007, 08:33 AM

1,749 posts, read 8,338,965 times
Closest thing to SD in Florida is Tampa.

Old 11-28-2007, 09:51 PM

1,069 posts, read 1,621,838 times
Smile To: iHeart sd

Quote:
Originally Posted by iHEARTsd View Post
San Diego is a beautiful city, which I personally love. However, the beaches in Pensacola/Navarre area are pure white sand, with lots of sand space, and no rocks. I feeled in love with Navarre. Florida has beautiful beaches, but the sand color is beautiful in the panhandle. However, there is very little to do, due to the fact that it is in a hurricane corridor, and temperatures are much lower than other parts of Florida. That area has several military bases. Destin, a town nearby, is upscale and very nice, as well as Niceville. But putting the beaches to the side, the only towns/cities I would recommend are Naples and Sarasota. However, the cost of living in Pensacola is very low, compare to this other two cities. You can get a beautiful house in 1/2 for less than $300K. The Homeoner's Insurance is very high, but taxes, and food are low. Humidity is also high. But the beaches are SUPERB, and the people are extremely nice. No comparison with San Diego's weather, and lifestyle. I hope I have been helpful. I live in NYC, but visit there often, as well as the other town/cities I just mentioned. Good luck,

Old 11-29-2007, 09:15 PM

6,563 posts, read 12,054,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorcerer68 View Post
Closest thing to SD in Florida is Tampa.
Actually, I think Miami might be more like San Diego.

But to the original poster, I can give you some input as I have spent time in both Pensacola and San Diego (yes, I'm in the Navy). Pensacola is obviously a much smaller town than San Diego, but they share some similar characteristics such as both being strong military towns and having water/beaches. Best of luck to ya!

Old 08-27-2012, 03:18 PM

5,294 posts, read 10,211,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SEAandATL View Post
Actually, I think Miami might be more like San Diego.

But to the original poster, I can give you some input as I have spent time in both Pensacola and San Diego (yes, I'm in the Navy). Pensacola is obviously a much smaller town than San Diego, but they share some similar characteristics such as both being strong military towns and having water/beaches. Best of luck to ya!
Miami is more like LA. SD is more conservative than Miami.

Anyways, to the poster, SD is conservative, but not like North Florida!!!! The beaches in the panhandle are much different. The pure white sand and clear water is very beautiful. Summer water temps are in the 80s. Spring and Fall are nice for going to the beach too. The beaches there lack the cliffs that California has-Florida is very flat. But it is still nice compared to Cali's very mild water temps and marine layer that often lingers around the coast. That said, the water is cold in wintertime in Pensacola-colder than San Diego's water in the winter, and the Gulf has NO waves!

The weather in that area of Florida is not exactly what many would call pleasant. It has a humid subtropical climate- cold winters, hot and humid summers, mild springs and falls. San Diego is mild to warm year-round due to the Mediterranean weather we have. But Pensacola seems nice to live in, with the exception of extreme conservatives. I wish you luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles