Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2013, 01:16 PM

5 posts, read 6,604 times

Advertisements

Hello,

My girlfriend and I will be moving to SOCAL from Southern Oregon. We love the beach life, and want to live near one. We will be looking for a two bedroom with a price range of under 2000 dollars a month. We have a large dog, german shepherd to be exact. Any help on good places to live would be great. Anywhere from about 20-30 miles north of LA, all the way down to san diego. Thank you for the help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2013, 01:45 PM

1,682 posts, read 3,299,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monroej15 View Post
Hello,

My girlfriend and I will be moving to SOCAL from Southern Oregon. We love the beach life, and want to live near one. We will be looking for a two bedroom with a price range of under 2000 dollars a month. We have a large dog, german shepherd to be exact. Any help on good places to live would be great. Anywhere from about 20-30 miles north of LA, all the way down to san diego. Thank you for the help!
Check this site out.

2 Bedrooms Apartments in Hermosa Beach, CA - 2 Bedrooms Rentals in California

Old 05-24-2013, 01:50 PM

919 posts, read 1,782,792 times
Under 2k, for the beach with a dog? All because you want to live some fantasy? First of all, you aint gonna find that for what you want to pay. Millions of others have the same mental Disneyland bangin around in their head. Second, having a large dog will make it VERY tough to find any place to live in a good area, regardless if it's not by the beach. Third, you better have a back up plan. The beach communities between Ventura and National City are simply up for grabs, WAY too many people for the area. Sounds like you don't have a job, so I would suggest you get one first, plan to pay nearly 1k more for your fantasy, and then figure out what you want to do....

Old 05-24-2013, 02:01 PM

4,538 posts, read 10,631,284 times
The dog is a problem.

There's 2bd apartments within 2-5 blocks of the beach under $2k in several beach communities in LA and OC. In particular you can find that price in Belmont Shores, Huntington Beach, Seal Beach, and San Clemente. Probably other places too. But these are all apartments. Houses are MUCH more expensive and probably start around $2000-2500 for even a tiny 600 sq ft one bedroom place.

Old 05-24-2013, 02:14 PM

Not looking for a non constructive remark. Take comments somewhere else little lolo! Thanks though John

Old 05-24-2013, 02:23 PM

4,042 posts, read 2,712,169 times
Pets are more than welcome in the Santa Monica and Venice area, but property there is hard to get and more than what you have budgeted for. But it can be done! Good luck!

Old 05-24-2013, 02:38 PM

2,985 posts, read 4,887,169 times
I love it when people ask about where to live without giving any information about where they will be working. I guess I didn't realize how easy it is to find a job in CA near the beach...

Old 05-24-2013, 03:07 PM

919 posts, read 1,782,792 times
Quote:
Not looking for a non constructive remark. Take comments somewhere else little lolo! Thanks though John
Tellin it like it is, if you don't like it, too bad....

Old 05-24-2013, 04:52 PM

Youre not telling it how it is, you're being pessimistic. If I wanted someone to come tell me it was impossible then I wouldn't ask the question in the first place. I have been to Socal dozens of times, and I am not living in a fantasy land. I know places can be found for around 2000 a month, I know it will be hard, but I'm confident it can be done. Thanks for the input though. And GatsbyGatz, I wasn't curious about anything that had to do with my job. I am willing to commute, I am just not familiar with many actual areas down there other than the major ones. MLJ, thank you, I will look around these areas! I know having a large dog makes it much harder, that it why I come to these sites for HELP. Thank you everyone for the input, I will continue to look.

Old 05-24-2013, 04:55 PM

26,329 posts, read 93,771,454 times
Quote:
I wasn't curious about anything that had to do with my job. I am willing to commute.

What sort of employment situation do you expect? What line of work are you in?

If you get an apartment, what happens to the dog?

Will your girlfiend be working too? Where? Doing what?

How long/far are you willing to commute?

Does the type of work you expect to do permit working odd hours (like 6-230 for example)?

Is it just you two and the dog? Out of curiosity, why a two bedroom? Seems unncessarily large/expensive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles