Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2015, 08:20 PM

3,190 posts, read 3,183,326 times

Advertisements

Guys, this thread is 2 years old.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2015, 08:51 PM

490 posts, read 659,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MordinSolus View Post
The angry lynch mob acts without reason!!

Old 05-26-2015, 09:46 PM

8,334 posts, read 6,419,063 times
We have 3 trash bins, Blue recyclables, Green yard composteable, and black trash and 3 noisy trucks on one side of the street and then on the other side of the street. My Border Collie is very busy on trash day.
My neighbor, likely illegal alien does any kind of work where he can make some money and he has accumulated a bunch of trash bins to cut down on dump fees.
He often leaves his bins in front of my house sometimes all week and today I got a letter from the city saying don’t leave your bins out.
So I showed him the letter and asked him not to put or leave bins in front of my house. He said everyone got the letter but he will refrain from having them at my house.

Old 05-26-2015, 11:14 PM

13,583 posts, read 15,649,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MordinSolus View Post
Well that's a hell of a long time to leave trash cans in front of somebody's driveway.

Old 05-26-2015, 11:17 PM

13,583 posts, read 15,649,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Vega View Post
We have 3 trash bins, Blue recyclables, Green yard composteable, and black trash and 3 noisy trucks on one side of the street and then on the other side of the street. My Border Collie is very busy on trash day.
My neighbor, likely illegal alien does any kind of work where he can make some money and he has accumulated a bunch of trash bins to cut down on dump fees.
He often leaves his bins in front of my house sometimes all week and today I got a letter from the city saying don’t leave your bins out.
So I showed him the letter and asked him not to put or leave bins in front of my house. He said everyone got the letter but he will refrain from having them at my house.
How many cans does your neighbor have?

Old 01-15-2023, 07:55 PM

7 posts, read 8,940 times
My next door neighbors have been blocking my garage/driveway access, with their many trash bins, for many years. I've asked them nicely not to do this several times. One morning, it was cold and damp and I was in a hurry. I'm also old and disabled. I tried to move the bins but they had something very heavy within. So instead of ”tilting” and moving, I literally did a somersault over them and landed flat on the asphalt, ”exploding” another one of my vertebral disks. - Now what? Spend the remainder of my painful life (I will never be able to walk properly or have okay balance) in Court, suing them into homelessness? -- Ideas please?! - As is said, ”No act of kindness goes unpunished.”

Old 01-18-2023, 01:48 PM

1,108 posts, read 527,950 times
get a couple teenagers and have them dump the trash in his yard real early then take the cans to a alley and leave them - bet you 10 bucks it won't happen again

Old 01-22-2023, 08:40 AM

10,028 posts, read 9,500,216 times
Have a couple associates from back east pay him a visit. You know, just to talk.

Old 01-23-2023, 08:23 AM

12,805 posts, read 9,532,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by captain_hug99 View Post
Keep the cans, throw the garbage onto his driveway.
Yes

Old 01-23-2023, 09:35 AM

10,988 posts, read 6,852,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CouponGal View Post
You should send him a certified letter (return receipt requested) detailing your problem, and the multiple attempts at resolution. Cite any city code ordinance that you can, and discuss how it impacts you. You can say that it takes time out of your day, makes you late for work, hinders your back problem, or whatever way you can paint how this affects you.

Also, make sure to cite the damage to your garbage cans. Mention that you will take legal action, and follow through and file in small claims court if he does not abide. Video tape him moving the cans. It's sad that you may have to settle this in court, but he is the one who does not exercise common courtesy, so any legal proceedings are his fault alone.

You also may want to talk to your HOA (if you have one) or ask the city code enforcement if they can enforce this, and let them handle it.

Best wishes to you.
I'd love to know how this one turned out (10 yr old thread). But... ^^this. Though I like the dumping idea and the "associates from back east" idea - if only for comic relief.

This was a di*k move, and he was calling OP's bluff. He was waiting. Hope the OP documented EVERYTHING. Audio/Video and in writing. People don't want to mess around with this type of individual. He was cruising for a bruising and he was going to make it OP's problem even more than it already was, if he could.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
View detailed profiles of: