Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2013, 09:06 PM

74 posts, read 181,628 times

Advertisements

i ride the subway alot,i get on the red line at vermont/santa monica,but i never get off at the NOHO station. too many people and thugs there. if i need to get to the SF valley,i get off at studio city and take those buses. but i have been on the red line i would say about 300 times this year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2013, 09:09 PM
PDF

11,395 posts, read 13,422,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobody067 View Post
i ride the subway alot,i get on the red line at vermont/santa monica,but i never get off at the NOHO station. too many people and thugs there. if i need to get to the SF valley,i get off at studio city and take those buses. but i have been on the red line i would say about 300 times this year.
The area around the NoHo station is actually pretty good, specifically the Arts district. But anytime I take the Red line, there is some massive delay. It's like I am destined to not have an enjoyable experience on there.

Old 09-05-2013, 09:13 PM
PDF

11,395 posts, read 13,422,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
I'm wondering , are the car lite people doing it mostly to save money on gas ?

I know insurance is also less when you do less miles but I don't know how big of a difference it is .

I only take the subway recreationally but I like not having to sit in traffic , look for ask pay for parking .. Gas is also not cheap .

My closest station is the noho redline and its pretty nice taking it to Hollywood or downtown without worrying about all the nonsense .

I think there are still a lot of people afraid of the subway .

I remember telling one lady I took it and she said her husband doesn't want to , they were both born in la I believe too .

Would be interesting to know how many people have ridden the subway at all .
I think it's gas, and also convenience. I spoke to a guy on the train once, he decided to take the Gold line to work instead of messing around with driving on the freeways. His boss/employer actually paid for his Metro card, and said they didn't mind how he got to work as long as he was on time.

So you took the train from NoHo to Pasadena? That's a hike! But yeah, it's all very convenient to not have to worry about anything.

Old 09-05-2013, 09:25 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,463,616 times
Yeah I agree there are a lot of people hanging around the noho station .. But there's also usually police and private security too

I think there are many worse parts of la than noho arts district .

Yeah I believe my work would pay 50 percent of a monthly pass . But since I can't use it really to get to work.. Even paying like $35 or $40 month for a pass prob would not be worth it .

Yeah I've taken redline at noho to union station and then gold line to Pasadena .. Only a couple times though .

I also have taken it from noho to long beach .. But the " thugs " being loud and wearing all red going through watts and Compton were not too pleasant .

I do like taking it to Hollywood , downtown areas and going to Pasadena wasn't bad .. People were well behaved .

Last time I took the redline there was a guy actually playing Johnny cash ring of fire on the guitar and singing . He was also dressed like Johnny cash too .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles