Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2013, 04:52 PM

16,806 posts, read 39,970,598 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter01 View Post
My husband comments on this everytime we travel to the area to visit my parents. I notice it too. The women on the news here in Denver do not dress that way at all!!
Prediction: They will. Mark my words.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2013, 04:53 PM

2,170 posts, read 3,310,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klassyhk View Post
. If it was very oft-putting and demeaned what they were supposed to be doing which was to present the latest news and weather professionally and in a credible manner. Presentation is important (how we dress, speak, conduct ourselves in public). It was clear to me that their main focus was not on doing their job but to "catch". Another thing I noticed was although it was an English-speaking network, the women looked to be predominately Hispanic and age range of mid-twenties to early 30 something.
Oft-putting? U must be old , Amish, or some boring, uptight religious nut.
If you want big dresses or women in pants doin the news, go watch Greta Van Sustren on Fox news or Nancy grace.. I don't even watch NBC news anymore with Alicia Layne gone. her face in the morning helped wake me up

Old 11-24-2013, 05:01 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,033,620 times
Evelyn Taft.

Evelyn Taft 2012/01/24 KCAL9 HD; Sexy white dress - YouTube

Nothing too provocative, she just looks good in whatever she wears.

Old 11-24-2013, 05:18 PM

620 posts, read 1,199,885 times
Evelyn Taft, oh my God. Would wife.

Old 11-24-2013, 08:24 PM

1,786 posts, read 6,902,859 times
I hate it when Fritz Coleman wears that thong and bustier.

Old 11-24-2013, 09:33 PM

1,319 posts, read 2,199,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marilyn220 View Post
I don't know what part of "new york" you were in, but please believe that women here would LOVE to dress like skanky LA women, but the reason we don't is because the men in the city act like the just got out of prison. Too much thigh, cleavage or belly shirt with shorts/pants only draws problems.

Manhattan is probably safer than the outerboroughs.

What the heck is this supposed to mean? Someone is more than likely to rape you in NYC?
LA women do not dress skanky. There are some females that dress in hoochie wear to the club, but I've also seen this in Manhattan.

Old 11-25-2013, 01:06 AM

13,584 posts, read 15,680,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fontucky View Post
While my eyes have to agree with this, the old school science geek in me prefers a Dr. George or WGN's Tom Skilling. If only Jackie would get all scientific, she'd be perfect.
The problem I have with Jackie, however, is that I never get the weather forecast, because I'm too busy looking at her chest to pay attention to what she's saying.

Old 11-25-2013, 01:12 AM

29,094 posts, read 26,033,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exitus Acta Probat View Post
The problem I have with Jackie, however, is that I never get the weather forecast, because I'm too busy looking at her chest to pay attention to what she's saying.
Harrier is usually looking a bit lower, but it is all good.

Old 11-25-2013, 08:51 AM

16,289 posts, read 32,367,468 times
I am a Jackie Johnson fan myself. I think she even holds the record for being the hottest news personality in the United States. She has had offers from select Mens magazines to show off but is way to classy for any of that. I also don't think she dresses vulgar or bad at all. She dresses classy.

If you are saying that the news people dress unlike others realize that many of us do the same. They are dressing to the audience that is watching. I know a few CEO's that will hit the waves before heading in to work. I know so many more executives that live a similar active lifestyle. Many companies around here are not so locked into their business atire that they have to dress with a suit a tie. Not that all people are laid back but we want so much to hold onto our beach lifestyle. We want to have fun even if many are stuck on the road driving a couple hours to get to work. People come here for a lifestyle and want to experience it even if they can not afford it just yet.

I would bet that a lot of people do not watch Jackie Johnson for the weather. For the most part it is not a deal breaker if the weather gets bad around here. On that seldom occasion where we have flash floods is about the only time I am concerned about the weather.

Old 11-25-2013, 09:06 AM

377 posts, read 530,010 times
I used to get major wood when I would watch Jillian Barberie, but since she had the baby it's been limp city
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles