Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2014, 10:56 AM

92 posts, read 164,735 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by theraven24 View Post
What exactly will you be doing to support yourself?

Yeah, $1300 is low, so you're going to have to go out a little, unless you get lucky. Try looking at West Hollywood, too, or Burbank. You may be able to find something, but don't count on it.
Will do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2014, 10:59 AM

5,864 posts, read 15,244,428 times
I'm from the DC area. What part of Maryland do you live in?

Old 06-24-2014, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwright1 View Post
I'm from the DC area. What part of Maryland do you live in?
Cool. I'm in Baltimore actually. About 45mins from DC

Old 06-24-2014, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Did I still not answer your original question? Because I did. Again, please don't refer to California as "Cali", whether you're speaking it or typing it here. Not only is Cali is a whole different city in another country, but it's annoying to some natives, myself included. Just a tip.
To address this whole "Cali" thing many people call Baltimore...bmore but I don't waste my energy correcting them. I have a life lol.. You telling me how I should refer to California is not happening I could care less what native it is annoying too, not loosing no sleep over it. If I feel like using Cali I will use it. Tip not taken; its just an abbreviation that was typed. I'm sure there are way more productive things that can be done.

And last I have plenty of stamps on my passport Quote "Not only is Cali is a whole different city in another country" not sure where you were going with that statement but anyway. Have a good one! Shouldn't worry about all the little things.

Old 06-24-2014, 02:07 PM

2,436 posts, read 2,794,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twiz88 View Post
To address this whole "Cali" thing many people call Baltimore...bmore but I don't waste my energy correcting them. I have a life lol.. You telling me how I should refer to California is not happening I could care less what native it is annoying too, not loosing no sleep over it. If I feel like using Cali I will use it. Tip not taken; its just an abbreviation that was typed. I'm sure there are way more productive things that can be done.

And last I have plenty of stamps on my passport Quote "Not only is Cali is a whole different city in another country" not sure where you were going with that statement but anyway. Have a good one! Shouldn't worry about all the little things.
You have a life, but you're still talking about the subject. What does correcting someone about a word have anything to do with having a life?

Actually, my telling you how to refer to California already happened. You mean you COULDN'T care less. I don't know what "loosing" means, but I'm sure you meant you're not LOSING any sleep over it. You're sure there are way more things that can be done besides what?

Cali is a city in Columbia, as someone else in this thread also pointed out. CALIFORNIA is the place you're looking to move to...that was my point.

You're telling me to not lose sleep over little things, yet you're still going on. How ironic. Looks like I hit a nerve.

Old 06-24-2014, 09:18 PM

Quote:
You have a life, but you're still talking about the subject. What does correcting someone about a word have anything to do with having a life?

Actually, my telling you how to refer to California already happened. You mean you COULDN'T care less. I don't know what "loosing" means, but I'm sure you meant you're not LOSING any sleep over it. You're sure there are way more things that can be done besides what?

Cali is a city in Columbia, as someone else in this thread also pointed out. CALIFORNIA is the place you're looking to move to...that was my point.

You're telling me to not lose sleep over little things, yet you're still going on. How ironic. Looks like I hit a nerve.
Are you Finished yet? Great! Thanks for the lesson and the spell check! , however I wasn't the only one who had thoughts on you trying to correct me on the whole Cali thing. You should reread the comments. My point is all this could have been avoided if you knew how to deliver your message without coming off rude. Its not what you say its how you say it. You didn't hit a nerve trust me. Just letting you know i'm not the one for the rude replies. If it bothers you that much don't reply or read the post. Simple Fix....................moving on.

Old 06-24-2014, 09:28 PM

Quote:

Also its very true about Cali Colombia not Columbia as you spelled above which the other person commented earlier on; but comparing your response to theirs you came off a little rude. It was a short abbreviation that can be easily compared to the city in Colombia. But I do believe I'm posting in the City Data forum for LOS ANGELES. But anyway no hard feelings just watch how you come off on MY post and we wont have any problems.

Old 06-24-2014, 10:19 PM

2,436 posts, read 2,794,827 times
Quote:
Also its very true about Cali Colombia not Columbia as you spelled above which the other person commented earlier on; but comparing your response to theirs you came off a little rude. It was a short abbreviation that can be easily compared to the city in Colombia. But I do believe I'm posting in the City Data forum for LOS ANGELES. But anyway no hard feelings just watch how you come off on MY post and we wont have any problems.
I thought I was being nice by saying "please" but if I came off as rude, then I apologize.

Likewise in regards to how you state things because I felt you were rude as well. Glad it's being dropped.

Old 06-25-2014, 09:19 PM

3,049 posts, read 4,546,640 times
Quote:
Hey I'm planning to move from Baltimore, MD to Cali I have a few areas in mind that I would like to move but they are a little ways from LA in my opinion; for example: Covina, Pomona, Montebello, and Monterey Park just to name a few. They seem to offer nice apartments in my price range of $1300 with more square footage. Just want to know if these areas are way to far from LA? I see the distance on Google maps about 30 miles or more but I would like to get someone who actually know the areas to tell me which may be best. I would like to be in the city but its pricey so I'm fine with being on the outskirts.....just not too far.

Please don't call it "Cali" unless you want to get pegged as a tourist or ghetto trash.

Old 06-26-2014, 12:18 AM

1,965 posts, read 3,310,357 times
Quote:
Cool. I'm in Baltimore actually. About 45mins from DC
Just a general assessment. LA in general will have less crime, less grime, and much better looking people and weather than what you're used to in Baltimore. There are a few suburban type places that are kind of like Columbia, MD out here too, but you're probably not looking for that. There isn't a medical research institution with quite the gravitas of Johns Hopkins, but there's no shortage of decent ones.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles