Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2008, 09:20 AM

3,588 posts, read 5,729,262 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAFan View Post
I don't live in Los Angeles, but in the county, not the city. I'm a young black man and thought of moving to LA when I put my foot in the door with electrical jobs. Now, I have no intention of ever moving to South Central Los Angeles or the Eastside, but western parts. Has all the racial and gang problems decreased yet?
I am a black woman, and I will tell you the truth the good and the bad. There IS some tension here, but I have also met some very kind friendly and tolerant people in the Latino group Just like anywhere you might land to settle down, watch your back. A few do love the game of office politics, and I wouldn't want to see you get broadsided with that. Whoever doesn't like what I'm saying, I could care less. They may not like it because it's the truth, and I speak from experience.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2008, 06:22 PM

1 posts, read 4,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slauson Rosecranz View Post
Yeah, they were both out there stealing.

But anyway, the racial thing seems to float around the city.
It is gang related. Usually Mexican gangs serving as racial agitators and p*ss ants for the Mexican Mafia (who calls the shots from prison).

Currently, the racial 'hot spot' is in Florence-Firestone.

Lots of problems with the F-13 gang harrassing and attacking people.
Last year, it was in Harbor Gateway (which, along with Wilmington, has a LONG history of gang-related hate crimes and violence).

The year before that, it was Highland Park.

I remember Hawaiian Gardens was in the news alot, a few years ago.

I've got a hunch that next year, it'll be the eastern San Fernando Valley. Mark my words. It's getting really bad around there (with the gangs and such).

You want to move to the city? Just avoid the areas mentioned above and you'll be fine.

Also, know that these guys are the textbook example of COWARDS, and tend to go after Blacks who aren't in gangs,
so-called "non-affiliates". The nonsense in Florence is a perfect example.
The vast majority of people being attacked are pedestrians walking down the street, or coming home from work.

But you RARELY hear about these guys attacking the East Coast Crips, the 'main' Black gang in that area. Hmmmm, I wonder why...

its actually the other way around.. i live on compton ave and 59 st.. the epicenter of it all.. im black but not a racist however my cousin and his "east coast crip" homies are.. they hate mexicans and prey on any1 who is latino not just gang members.. matter of fact 3 of his friends are in jail for killing two older mexican men with no gang ties who were simply going to work at 5 in the morning.. and my cousin shot at a mini van with a mexican family in it but they refused to press charges.. they even pick on young kids in jr high who dress baggy n stuff.. not actual ang members.. anyway i just wanted to give honest feed back to this thread.. in my eyes both parties are wrong for what they do and neither one has a good reason for it all.. i just felt the need to corect what was said

Old 07-29-2008, 11:36 PM

3,172 posts, read 6,753,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slauson Rosecranz View Post
Recent immigrants aren't attacking Blacks. Mexican gangs are.

Also, if people want to 'maintain their presence' in L.A., they shouldn't sell their property.

In order for anyone to 'push anyone out', so to speak, someone has to be willing to sell their house in the first place.
Whether it's Blacks moving into White neighborhoods, Whites gentrifying non-White neighborhoods, or Mexicans moving to South-Central.

People have a right to live wherever they choose. But if Black Angelenos feel that South-Central is 'losing it's identity', then maybe they should stay put, instead of moving to the Inland Empire or Antelope Valley.

The history of Black Los Angeles is being erased not because of recent or illegal immigrants, but because people choose to pack up and move away.

East L.A. will always be Mexican because they stay put.
THANK YOU.

I think its really annoying when the anti-immigration groups come in trying to act like they care about inner city politics when they are really trying to gain support for their agendas.

Old 07-29-2008, 11:38 PM

3,172 posts, read 6,753,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by laorbust61 View Post
I am a black woman, and I will tell you the truth the good and the bad. There IS some tension here, but I have also met some very kind friendly and tolerant people in the Latino group Just like anywhere you might land to settle down, watch your back. A few do love the game of office politics, and I wouldn't want to see you get broadsided with that. Whoever doesn't like what I'm saying, I could care less. They may not like it because it's the truth, and I speak from experience.
I know lots of Blacks and Latinos that get along.
Its mostly the ignorant people who get involved with gangs that are going to want to stick to themselves and beef with the other group.

Old 06-02-2009, 11:55 AM

3 posts, read 13,856 times
It's easier to herd sheep than wolves....

Old 06-02-2009, 12:04 PM

18 posts, read 65,033 times
in Alaska they get along but in southern califas. surenos are owning

Old 06-03-2009, 08:00 AM

47 posts, read 116,003 times
no it;s getting worse and not expected to improve anytime soon, they pretty much naturally hate each other.

Old 06-03-2009, 04:45 PM

5,408 posts, read 12,665,367 times
no one NATURALLY hates each other.

thats not natural.

and its not getting worse. its getting better.

but as long as we have knucklehead gangs the problem will persist.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAPTOP GAMER View Post
no it;s getting worse and not expected to improve anytime soon, they pretty much naturally hate each other.

Old 06-04-2009, 08:05 PM

13,583 posts, read 15,662,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
no one NATURALLY hates each other.
Then why is it, whenever "Latinos" move into a traditionally Black neighborhood and become the majority, the "Latinos" begin assaulting Blacks and trying to drive them out of the neighborhood?

Old 06-05-2009, 02:02 PM

5,408 posts, read 12,665,367 times
actually what has historically happened, at least in LA, is that when latinos first moved into black areas, they were the targets. they werethe ones beat up and robbed. they formed gangs. they protected themselves.

coincidentally, thats also how black gangs started. they wanted to protect themsleves from whites.

now it just so happens that latino gangs, outnumber the black gang members in certain areas. and that is what the media plays up.

but at one point it was the other way around.

AND its still not NATURAL.

good try but, NEXT!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exitus Acta Probat View Post
Then why is it, whenever "Latinos" move into a traditionally Black neighborhood and become the majority, the "Latinos" begin assaulting Blacks and trying to drive them out of the neighborhood?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles