Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2015, 10:15 AM

21,741 posts, read 16,361,136 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by disgruntled la native View Post
Yes they do. Clearly.
Your politics aren't a bit complicated. They're based on total ignorance of issues as you have demonstrated repeatedly.

Quote:
Yes they do. Clearly.
Championing Friedman and Trickle Down Supply Side economics is entirely a conservative position. There is zero left in it. And every implication that Supply Side carries with regard to public and social policy goes distinctly hard right. You should learn the definitions of things you claim to represent and be knowledgable of - but, of course, you won't. Obviously. Why start now when you've gone so long without a clue? Eh?

Quote:
Yes they do. Clearly.
This doesn't make any sense as a response to your comment I responded to. You wrote: "I apply common sense". I replied: "no you don't". Now you respond by saying: "Yes they do". Which makes no sense. Who do what?

Quote:
Yes, you're always better off being white. Ask an actual black person.
I'll turn that back around to you. You ask blacks if they'd prefer to be white. Most, if not all I know, are perfectly happy to be black. Proud, in fact. They value their black experience and perspectives.
Quote:
I agree with both Obama and Carson. They are both right and wrong about various issues. At least they have struggled some to get where they are.
It is impossible to [intelligently] agree with both Obama and Carson on the same issues. Which is what I was clearly pointing out. The point I addressed was that simply being black doesn't result in "knowing what they are talking about". Ergo: if you agree one or the other is right on any issue, then you must believe the other to be wrong.

You're really not any good at this at all. Kinda fun considering the crap you try to spew.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2015, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by radiolibre99 View Post
In this society owning a business is wrapped around the ideals of liberty. To conservatives and libertarians, owning property especially capital, a business, is the highest endeavor a man can achieve. If you read their philosophy you'd see it all throughout that liberty is constantly conflated with the right to own property/capital.

So a business, especially small business is elevated to this sacred cow. You'll hear cons wax on about the blood sweat and tears put into a small business. They empathize so much more with that Maalox swigging boss than a guy down in the coal mines.

I personally don't have this utterly inane manta that business is the be all end all in life. If a small business can't afford its labor costs, then it proly shouldn't be in business. Many small business owners have taken advantage of the really low labor costs and based their whole business on it, so I wouldn't feel too bad if they left the picture to better everyone as a whole.
Yes. Roger that. Very good post. Out of reps at the moment for you, unfortunately

Old 02-13-2015, 10:41 AM

4,213 posts, read 8,309,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
Your politics aren't a bit complicated. They're based on total ignorance of issues as you have demonstrated repeatedly.

Championing Friedman and Trickle Down Supply Side economics is entirely a conservative position. There is zero left in it. And every implication that Supply Side carries with regard to public and social policy goes distinctly hard right. You should learn the definitions of things you claim to represent and be knowledgable of - but, of course, you won't. Obviously. Why start now when you've gone so long without a clue? Eh?

This doesn't make any sense as a response to your comment I responded to. You wrote: "I apply common sense". I replied: "no you don't". Now you respond by saying: "Yes they do". Which makes no sense. Who do what?

I'll turn that back around to you. You ask blacks if they'd prefer to be white. Most, if not all I know, are perfectly happy to be black. Proud, in fact. They value their black experience and perspectives.
It is impossible to [intelligently] agree with both Obama and Carson on the same issues. Which is what I was clearly pointing out. The point I addressed was that simply being black doesn't result in "knowing what they are talking about". Ergo: if you agree one or the other is right on any issue, then you must believe the other to be wrong.

You're really not any good at this at all. Kinda fun considering the crap you try to spew.
"Kinda fun"? OK, we're done here. No fun allowed.

Old 02-13-2015, 12:10 PM

Quote:
"Kinda fun"? OK, we're done here. No fun allowed.
Roger that

Old 02-13-2015, 04:23 PM

10 posts, read 11,832 times
Its more of adapting history to your worldview than what it actually was look at the today's poor counties peasants their destitution, hunger, lack of opportunities, education and that's better than what people used to have 100-200 years ago where you got that adventurism, philosophy and what else I don't know. A low wage worker has better quality of lifestyle today than a king had 200 years ago, the sanitation, variety and plenty of food, hot and cold water, air conditioning, ease of movement you name it. And that's what human endeavor is called for to better your life and your loved ones create value so people are willing to pay for it. how many cultural, religious, civic buildings and institutions you know that was funded by rich and how many by poor. How dare you try to teach the smart people who have created wealth from nothing ethical lessons. Are you the ones reminding them they have excess of wealth. And why you don't preach your human endeavor to low wage workers so they don't focus too much on money.
I've been in US for 20 years I worked only 1 year at minimum wage, I don't know anybody that's been here for few years and earns close to minimum wage. With massive opportunity in this country to earn education, learn a craft, ease of credit someone stays at minimum wage for years its their undoing.
And last thing more of this being income problem, as someone already mentioned we have housing problem raising the minimum is temporary fix raise the supply of homes so this ridiculous prices come down.

Old 02-13-2015, 08:53 PM

3,190 posts, read 3,186,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Celox View Post
Its more of adapting history to your worldview than what it actually was look at the today's poor counties peasants their destitution, hunger, lack of opportunities, education and that's better than what people used to have 100-200 years ago where you got that adventurism, philosophy and what else I don't know. A low wage worker has better quality of lifestyle today than a king had 200 years ago, the sanitation, variety and plenty of food, hot and cold water, air conditioning, ease of movement you name it. And that's what human endeavor is called for to better your life and your loved ones create value so people are willing to pay for it. how many cultural, religious, civic buildings and institutions you know that was funded by rich and how many by poor. How dare you try to teach the smart people who have created wealth from nothing ethical lessons. Are you the ones reminding them they have excess of wealth. And why you don't preach your human endeavor to low wage workers so they don't focus too much on money.
I've been in US for 20 years I worked only 1 year at minimum wage, I don't know anybody that's been here for few years and earns close to minimum wage. With massive opportunity in this country to earn education, learn a craft, ease of credit someone stays at minimum wage for years its their undoing.
And last thing more of this being income problem, as someone already mentioned we have housing problem raising the minimum is temporary fix raise the supply of homes so this ridiculous prices come down.
Hey, that's neato, Borat. Unfortunately the rest of us have to live in the really real world.

Old 02-13-2015, 08:56 PM

4,918 posts, read 6,473,343 times
I love how everyone on this site gets so worked up over nothing and if they don't agree with somebody they call him a troll. I don't think people on here even know that a troll is or has a seen a troll until they go on Facebook.

Old 02-14-2015, 04:05 AM

4,213 posts, read 8,309,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MordinSolus View Post
Hey, that's neato, Borat. Unfortunately the rest of us have to live in the really real world.
The rest of us yes, but not you.

Old 02-14-2015, 08:53 AM

1,235 posts, read 1,770,349 times
Quote:
You're far too privileged to even talk to.

I can speak with Tulemutt.

Therefore, your posts can't be taken seriously.
Not a surprise that a westside snob like you would turn his nose up to a plebian from the SF Valley. You are true to the form of a privileged westside brat. Tax cuts for the rich and caviar for you....

Old 02-14-2015, 11:33 AM

3,190 posts, read 3,186,672 times
Disgruntled is just a troll. Ignore him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles