Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-08-2015, 11:25 AM

20 posts, read 27,373 times

Advertisements

Hi all,
I'm in charge of finding a suitable gathering place for the family/friends of the deceased following a funeral. It's a small group of about 10-20. Anyone know of someplace that would be a good choice for this sort of thing?

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2015, 01:20 PM

642 posts, read 2,552,848 times
I would ask the funeral home for suggestions. They should be able to suggest something in your price range and something nice enough also for what you are planning.

Old 03-09-2015, 07:21 PM

559 posts, read 1,379,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitney8977 View Post
Hi all,
I'm in charge of finding a suitable gathering place for the family/friends of the deceased following a funeral. It's a small group of about 10-20. Anyone know of someplace that would be a good choice for this sort of thing?

Thanks
I think you'll get more suggestions if you provide additional details.

Some cultures favor a celebratory wake. Or will yours be a somber affair?

Are you looking for a restaurant with a banquet hall? What type of food & price range?

Looking for a bar to drown your sorrows?

The Belmont Shore & Naples neighborhood of Long Beach has lots of shops and restaurants; even gondola rides through the canals are available.

Is your party seniors or young hipsters? Lots of kids? They might like the Aquarium of the Pacific in Long Beach.

Are you locals? Coming from out of the country? Will you have cars? The Metro Blue Line light rail goes into DTLA which can expand your options.

Are you dumping ashes into the Pacific, like in "The Big Lebowski?"

If in a contemplative mood, the Korean Bell of Friendship in nearby San Pedro is on a knoll with killer views of the ocean. I think there is a charge to park or enter the park.

Best of luck, with sympathy.

Last edited by drunk on kool aid; 03-09-2015 at 07:35 PM.. Reason: added link
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles