Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-13-2016, 01:31 PM

42,812 posts, read 26,510,186 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
That's definitely major progress, and I am happy to hear of your friend's work in the bay area. Hopefully there are people doing the same in LA. I think they should go further and get rid of the misdemeanor for possession.
I agree, at the very least the misdemeanor should fall off if you go a few years without any subsequent convictions, but the real killer for a job is a felony, most misdemeanors don't even show up on these internet background checks

Old 05-14-2016, 10:28 AM

26,876 posts, read 27,068,616 times
Gov. Brown has revised the budget to incorporate Senate Pro Tem Kevin de León's plan to reallocate money from the tax on wealthy Californians toward building housing for the state’s mentally ill homeless population.
This is how California's governor wants to make it easier to build affordable housing - LA Times

Old 05-14-2016, 01:37 PM

5,267 posts, read 4,216,302 times
I'll be interested to see where those houses will be. Not many people will want to live next to a house full of schizophrenics me included. They also don't seem to want to live with each other. I'm not against it on the whole just don't know how it will be accomplished. It's a horrible problem country wide

Old 05-14-2016, 01:43 PM

1,855 posts, read 2,930,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finper View Post
I'll be interested to see where those houses will be. Not many people will want to live next to a house full of schizophrenics me included. They also don't seem to want to live with each other. I'm not against it on the whole just don't know how it will be accomplished. It's a horrible problem country wide
I saw build them next to all the homeless advocates and attorneys that live in Brentwood.

Old 05-14-2016, 02:23 PM

5,267 posts, read 4,216,302 times
Ha ha Howiester maybe gov brown will open his house to them he'd probably blend right in With them

Old 05-14-2016, 03:30 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,561,753 times
I suggest we call on Garcetti do his part and offer up the $1.6 million investment property he just bought up to the homeless .

Or maybe some Section 8 tenants ?

Mayor Eric Garcetti picks up an investment property in Mid-Wilshire - LA Times

Old 05-14-2016, 04:42 PM

17,439 posts, read 28,691,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howiester View Post
I saw build them next to all the homeless advocates and attorneys that live in Brentwood.
That would be an excellent idea.

Old 05-15-2016, 03:33 AM

25,303 posts, read 21,561,753 times
PD: Homeless man attacked women, pushed one into harbor - 10News.com KGTV ABC10 San Diego

A homeless man who attacked two women as they walked along the Embarcadero last week is still in jail.

Harbor Police say Michael Roy tried to push the friends into the harbor on Jan. 21.

“Totally unprovoked," said Lieutenant James Jordan. "They didn’t know him, he didn’t know them. There was no reason for him to do that.”

Jordan says it was even more dangerous because the woman Roy pushed into the water couldn't swim.

Police say this is an isolated incident.

This was in San Diego, I guess these women were lucky they didn't die like the poor guy that was randomly attacked recently in Downtown L.A

I guess it's always an 'isolated event' these isolated events seem to add up..

Old 05-15-2016, 06:43 AM

21,841 posts, read 16,530,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
PD: Homeless man attacked women, pushed one into harbor - 10News.com KGTV ABC10 San Diego

A homeless man who attacked two women as they walked along the Embarcadero last week is still in jail.

Harbor Police say Michael Roy tried to push the friends into the harbor on Jan. 21.

“Totally unprovoked," said Lieutenant James Jordan. "They didn’t know him, he didn’t know them. There was no reason for him to do that.”

Jordan says it was even more dangerous because the woman Roy pushed into the water couldn't swim.

Police say this is an isolated incident.

This was in San Diego, I guess these women were lucky they didn't die like the poor guy that was randomly attacked recently in Downtown L.A

I guess it's always an 'isolated event' these isolated events seem to add up..
So jm. Should we start posting every news story about people who live in housing doing bizarre bad things? How about we start with, oh, let's see, um: people who figure out ways to bundle subprime mortgages and sell them as securities to investors resulting in a downward spiral of the world's economies, which in turn led to millions and millions of default mortgages, bankruptcies, lost life savings / investments, suicides and more? Or how about people who figure out ways to market addicting and unnecessary pharmaceuticals, many for purposes other than intended, resulting in the second leading cause of preventable deaths in the nation? How about marketing executives and chemists and dieticians and medical research biologists who conspire to create basic dietary and processed foods that are loaded with sugars and fats and salts specifically intended to create addictive cravings in consumers resulting in obesity and diabetes and various allergies and nervous disorders?

I can go on.

These sorts of 'isolated events' sure seem to add up.

But, of course, you are right, occasional random acts of the mentally ill homeless are the major threat we all face in our daily lives.

Old 05-15-2016, 07:18 AM

1,855 posts, read 2,930,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
So jm. Should we start posting every news story about people who live in housing doing bizarre bad things? How about we start with, oh, let's see, um: people who figure out ways to bundle subprime mortgages and sell them as securities to investors resulting in a downward spiral of the world's economies, which in turn led to millions and millions of default mortgages, bankruptcies, lost life savings / investments, suicides and more? Or how about people who figure out ways to market addicting and unnecessary pharmaceuticals, many for purposes other than intended, resulting in the second leading cause of preventable deaths in the nation? How about marketing executives and chemists and dieticians and medical research biologists who conspire to create basic dietary and processed foods that are loaded with sugars and fats and salts specifically intended to create addictive cravings in consumers resulting in obesity and diabetes and various allergies and nervous disorders?

I can go on.

These sorts of 'isolated events' sure seem to add up.

But, of course, you are right, occasional random acts of the mentally ill homeless are the major threat we all face in our daily lives.
Typical lib, commenting from a distance. The homeless ARE a major threat to safety we face in Los Angeles in our daily lives.

The events are not isolated. People are getting murdered. By homeless. Often. It's ok though, go back to your yacht and keep commenting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles