Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2015, 09:55 AM

17,815 posts, read 25,648,684 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmancpa View Post
This happens everywhere.

I run on the roads daily here in MA. I know drivers don't pay attention sometimes as they should, because I too am a driver and won't be a hypocrite. As a pedestrian I take extra care because I will never win a battle with a car.

Correct, regardless of who is in the wrong, the car is going to win.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2015, 06:49 PM

13,583 posts, read 15,670,019 times
And everybody likes a winner.

Old 11-21-2015, 07:00 PM

142 posts, read 120,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwright1 View Post
It doesn't work both ways. Drivers need to slow their asses down and pay attention. If someone is crossing the street on their phone, who cares. Just wait for them to cross. Is your stupid complaining and rushing going to get you to your destination any faster? And what is so important that you can't wait for someone to cross the damn street?
Indeed every time i drove 35 in the city and someone went ahead of me on next line well in about 15 seconds i catch up with on next red light while i still drove 35, so there's little practical difference driving like dick head and speeding? Unless you ready to jump yellow lights and endanger everyone like most of them do.

Old 11-23-2015, 01:23 PM

5,864 posts, read 15,250,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
Yes it does work both ways, only an idiot crosses the street without looking.

Than there are the ones who cross against the light.

It has nothing to do with rushing to get somewhere, don't cross the street when it isn't safe.
It doesn't work both ways. If a pedestrian is crossing the street at an intersection or crosswalk, you the driver wait. The pedestrian has the right of way. Don't shout at them like I've seen many times. Don't run them over and drive off which seems to be a weekly occurance around here. Don't lay on the horn like many around here do.

Old 11-23-2015, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwright1 View Post
It doesn't work both ways. If a pedestrian is crossing the street at an intersection or crosswalk, you the driver wait. The pedestrian has the right of way. Don't shout at them like I've seen many times. Don't run them over and drive off which seems to be a weekly occurance around here. Don't lay on the horn like many around here do.

There is definitely an issue with impatient drivers, I agree. But the pedestrian needs to be responsible as well. You don't step off the sidewalk without looking(never mind your phone), pay attention. I'm amazed at people who walk and don't even look, too busy with nonsense on their phone.

You don't seem to get that the one on the losing end is going to be the pedestrian who doesn't pay attention. Regardless of who is at fault.

Smart people walk as if every car is out to get them.

Old 11-23-2015, 08:40 PM

1,786 posts, read 6,901,199 times
Pedestrians think there is an invincible bubble surrounding them. If you don't make eye contact with a driver then you're just stupid. If I'm walking on a sidewalk and a car stops because I "may" step into the street, I wave them through. And if they give me the "go ahead," I don't cross as if I'm 115 years old. They were respectful to me, so I'm respectful to them and get my a$$ across the street.

I'm disgusted with the number of people who hang ten off the sidewalk waiting for a light. And even more with parents who have their child's stroller hanging ten. There are a lot of bad drivers out there. But there are even more stupid pedestrians. As others have said, I'll defer my 6'2", 200 pounds to the 2 ton vehicle, whether they're right or wrong.

Old 11-23-2015, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTGJR View Post
Pedestrians think there is an invincible bubble surrounding them. If you don't make eye contact with a driver then you're just stupid. If I'm walking on a sidewalk and a car stops because I "may" step into the street, I wave them through. And if they give me the "go ahead," I don't cross as if I'm 115 years old. They were respectful to me, so I'm respectful to them and get my a$$ across the street.

I'm disgusted with the number of people who hang ten off the sidewalk waiting for a light. And even more with parents who have their child's stroller hanging ten. There are a lot of bad drivers out there. But there are even more stupid pedestrians. As others have said, I'll defer my 6'2", 200 pounds to the 2 ton vehicle, whether they're right or wrong.

Someone who gets it.

Old 12-23-2015, 04:16 PM

142 posts, read 120,832 times
Just today once i crossed on the walk light some moron with the phone in his hand almost hit me around 1pm. He was going like 35. in general on grand by DMV i noticed people drive like 45mph.

Old 12-23-2015, 04:26 PM

3,062 posts, read 7,037,940 times
This thread needs more cute diagrams to help me understand what's really going on.

Old 12-23-2015, 06:01 PM

13,583 posts, read 15,670,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles22 View Post
This thread needs more cute diagrams to help me understand what's really going on.
That's cat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles