Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2016, 09:34 AM
PDF

11,396 posts, read 13,427,706 times

Advertisements

OP, you can't afford LA. No matter how many threads you make about Seattle being cheaper than LA.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2016, 09:36 AM

6,039 posts, read 6,058,401 times
WHo the hell goes apartment "window shopping" when on vacation?

Old 01-29-2016, 09:36 AM

2,148 posts, read 2,927,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
Are these the same friends who couldn't put you up for a few days in the Valley when you created your thread about high hotel prices in the Valley? If someone can't even let you stay on their couch for 3 days while you visit, well I wouldn't move back for friends like that.

Funny, a family member just moved to Burbank last year, they're paying for a two bedroom $1,700 in a small building that's quite nice.

How does someone who couldn't get a job in LA(your old posts indicate you couldn't hold on to even low paying jobs) magically get a good paying job in Seattle?

How does that work when you have a spotty work history and are in your mid 30s?
These are the same friends.

Old 01-29-2016, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDF View Post
OP, you can't afford LA. No matter how many threads you make about Seattle being cheaper than LA.
That's right I can't afford LA. My friends just don't get it. LA is unaffordable unless you make 6 figures or more a year.

Old 01-29-2016, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
Are these the same friends who couldn't put you up for a few days in the Valley when you created your thread about high hotel prices in the Valley? If someone can't even let you stay on their couch for 3 days while you visit, well I wouldn't move back for friends like that.

Funny, a family member just moved to Burbank last year, they're paying for a two bedroom $1,700 in a small building that's quite nice.

How does someone who couldn't get a job in LA(your old posts indicate you couldn't hold on to even low paying jobs) magically get a good paying job in Seattle?

How does that work when you have a spotty work history and are in your mid 30s?

In Seattle people aren't superficial like they are in LA. In LA employers discriminated against me because of my Aspergers. Moving to Seattle was one of the best choices I ever made in life.

Old 01-29-2016, 09:48 AM
PDF

11,396 posts, read 13,427,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annonymous0381 View Post
In Seattle people aren't superficial like they are in LA. In LA employers discriminated against me because of my Aspergers. Moving to Seattle was one of the best choices I ever made in life.
Problem solved then. Moving back to LA would do nothing for you.

Old 01-29-2016, 09:49 AM

4,451 posts, read 6,802,921 times
Quote:
Sometimes people just need a change in scenery, I'm unsure why you keep looking back. Let it go and forget about your "Friends" who just don't get it or get you.

Old 01-29-2016, 09:55 AM
jw2

2,028 posts, read 3,267,552 times
annonymous0381, every few weeks you come here with the same shtick.

You couldn't find a job in LA which translates to more people were better qualified than you for the jobs.

You found a job in Seattle which means fewer people were more qualified than you for the available jobs.

I would think you would want to keep it that way.

Housing have fewer vacancies here than Seattle which means more people want to live here vs the available housing than Seattle.

I would think you would want to keep it that way.

I would seem to me you would want to spend your time and energy on your next location should Seattle's work force also exceed your qualifications and squeeze you out. Don't look at the past, think about the future.

Old 01-29-2016, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDF View Post
Problem solved then. Moving back to LA would do nothing for you.
LA is a ****hole in my opinion

Old 01-29-2016, 10:03 AM

6,039 posts, read 6,058,401 times
Quote:
LA is a ****hole in my opinion
And yet you keep posting here...just be happy in SEA and call it a day
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles