Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2016, 11:02 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,514,912 times

Advertisements

Here is one for $1800 , conveniently located in Venice too
There are others for around the same too

Ain't it a beauty?
http://losangeles.craigslist.org/wst...691216555.html

Looks like several people are marketing them for people to buy for burning man

Burning man ... Or for to live in on the streets of LA

$1800 is definitely less than what a lot of people pay for 1 months rent in Venice .
It would pay for itself in no time . You could also maybe get creative and rent it out on Airbnb to some traveling hippies
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2016, 06:10 AM

817 posts, read 754,838 times
^ Those 318 V8's will go 200,000 miles

Old 07-28-2016, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69Charger View Post
^ Those 318 V8's will go 200,000 miles
Seems like low miles on that one..but I guess if it's sitting most of the time one wouldn't rack up too many miles so maybe it's legit.

Old 07-28-2016, 01:43 PM

203 posts, read 577,932 times
Wow. Last night, I was driving near the 110 between Vernon and Slauson, and right next to the freeway, there are several RV's out, along with vans and trucks, where you can tell folks live. I became extremely curious seeing this, just wondering how that worked. How do you get fresh water in the RV? How do you move it, don't you have to connect it to a truck?

Crazy that this post pops up today...I was really just asking some of these same questions. I didn't know there were a lot in Venice, though.

Old 07-28-2016, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by R-Tistic View Post
Wow. Last night, I was driving near the 110 between Vernon and Slauson, and right next to the freeway, there are several RV's out, along with vans and trucks, where you can tell folks live. I became extremely curious seeing this, just wondering how that worked. How do you get fresh water in the RV? How do you move it, don't you have to connect it to a truck?

Crazy that this post pops up today...I was really just asking some of these same questions. I didn't know there were a lot in Venice, though.
Yeah it's been an issue in Venice for a while...The Venice Stakeholders have been pretty vocal about how upset they are with how the city has been handling the issue.

Venice Stakeholders Association

"Koslow also refused to place before the VNC Board another resolution calling for "No Oversize Vehicle 2-6 AM" signs around Westminster Elementary School, Westminster Park, and the paths of travel along Lincoln of young students attending Broadway Elementary School. He mistakenly concluded that the Council Office had requested the signage be installed. However, Taylor Bazley of the Council Office has confirmed to the parents who requested the signage due to verbal abuse, obscene language, harassment and bottles thrown at students by those living in RVs and campers near the schools, that the Council Office has only requested the signage for the curb side next to the school and park, not for paths of travel or the opposite sides of the street across from the school. Bazley told one parent that they would have to obtain the signatures of all the residents on the opposite sides of the street even though this is not legally required by the city ordinance. "

Some of these RVs dwellers don't seem too friendly like the hippies of yesteryear

Old 07-28-2016, 07:51 PM

2,353 posts, read 5,385,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunbar42 View Post
I noticed some pretty run down looking RV's constantly parked at the Westminster dog park in Venice for several months. I don't notice them anymore but I assumed it was homeless people figuring out how to game the system. As far as how somebody gets them I bet you can buy them pretty cheap and it's going to cost a fraction of renting in LA.
This ^

If you found one that was broken down and were good at repairing things, this would be the way to go.

Maybe I will move to Venice after all

Old 07-29-2016, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by (901) View Post
This ^

If you found one that was broken down and were good at repairing things, this would be the way to go.

Maybe I will move to Venice after all

..and the great thing is you can also use the vehicle for cooking meth or as a mobile brothel perhaps.
Brings a new meaning to 'mixed use' . Or live/work housing.

http://blog.rvshare.com/meth-lab-rv/

Old 07-29-2016, 12:39 PM

1,798 posts, read 3,028,563 times
They're going to ruin a good thing behaving like that. And to empty your blackwater tank on a street is totally unacceptable.

Now, while we're on the subject maybe you can help me with a decision. I would love to buy a tiny Class C like this:

At 19' it's barely longer than a full size sedan. But it is 10' tall, which in most CA cities puts it in the "oversized vehicle" category.

Another option is to get an old cargo van and set it up as a "stealth camper". But that's a lot of comfort to sacrifice. I have this hippy fantasty of waking up in Venice, having my coffee then going surfing. But how much time am I really going to be spending in V.B.? What about the other 90% of the time when a small motorhome would be ideal; Flagstaff, Lake Pleasant, Vegas etc? Having the room to stand/stretch, toilet, shower, 2 beds (bring my brother), it's like a small apartment!

A small M.H. such as above can fit in a parking spot. So I could do a paid$ lot in Venice for the day, and have a nice place to hang out. Come nighttime, I'd head inland to find a place to sleep. Heck when I drove trucks I used to park in downtown LA, an 80' tractor-trailer combo. One time I even left my truck to take the subway to Hollywood.

Yeah man, a tiny little motorhome will be perfect for my western adventures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
Yeah it's been an issue in Venice for a while...The Venice Stakeholders have been pretty vocal about how upset they are with how the city has been handling the issue.

Venice Stakeholders Association

"Koslow also refused to place before the VNC Board another resolution calling for "No Oversize Vehicle 2-6 AM" signs around Westminster Elementary School, Westminster Park, and the paths of travel along Lincoln of young students attending Broadway Elementary School. He mistakenly concluded that the Council Office had requested the signage be installed. However, Taylor Bazley of the Council Office has confirmed to the parents who requested the signage due to verbal abuse, obscene language, harassment and bottles thrown at students by those living in RVs and campers near the schools, that the Council Office has only requested the signage for the curb side next to the school and park, not for paths of travel or the opposite sides of the street across from the school. Bazley told one parent that they would have to obtain the signatures of all the residents on the opposite sides of the street even though this is not legally required by the city ordinance. "

Some of these RVs dwellers don't seem too friendly like the hippies of yesteryear

Old 07-29-2016, 01:00 PM

1,886 posts, read 2,105,009 times
I really wish it were socially acceptable to live out of a motor home as a functioning member of society. Parking structures dedicated to the lifestyle in every city, etc. Move every few months. I'd have one tomorrow.

Old 07-29-2016, 01:11 PM

12,713 posts, read 15,579,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adr3naline View Post
I really wish it were socially acceptable to live out of a motor home as a functioning member of society. Parking structures dedicated to the lifestyle in every city, etc. Move every few months. I'd have one tomorrow.
I agree. I could actually afford to own something. But if I did end up getting one I'd just be white trash driving around trying to find the next Wal-Mart to park at.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles