Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2016, 01:45 PM

52,317 posts, read 52,784,279 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpinnersEnd View Post
Despite whatever rise in humidity may be happening, I can tell you as a Floridian coming to Los Angeles, these humidity levels are like a dream come true. There's many reasons I'm making the move out here, and the weather is one of them.

Scew LA, it's way overrated. I once went to Galveston in Texas and I thought I had died and gone to hell. They serve the air down there in chunks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2016, 01:52 PM
PDF

11,396 posts, read 13,439,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpinnersEnd View Post
Despite whatever rise in humidity may be happening, I can tell you as a Floridian coming to Los Angeles, these humidity levels are like a dream come true. There's many reasons I'm making the move out here, and the weather is one of them.
So true. I'm a Florida native that used to live in LA, and the hottest days in LA are still better than anything in FL.

Old 08-06-2016, 10:48 PM

1,544 posts, read 926,368 times
I noticed last month that we've barely gotten a taste of "July Fry." This month was just as moist, so far. I should expect to be sweating profusely like a guy due to the humidity.

Someone else on the thread mentioned big roaches coming out due to the humid air. I say, spray those monstrous, six-legged bastards!

Old 08-06-2016, 11:50 PM

762 posts, read 611,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeasonedNewbie View Post
I noticed last month that we've barely gotten a taste of "July Fry." This month was just as moist, so far. I should expect to be sweating profusely like a guy due to the humidity.

Someone else on the thread mentioned big roaches coming out due to the humid air. I say, spray those monstrous, six-legged bastards!
That was me and yesterday, my dog ate one of them

Today while walking I saw more huge roaches in my neighborhood. I just don't remember seeing these things years ago. The one time I did, it was actually during the summer at that famous hot dog place that's open 24hours a day in Hollywood I think. I sitting outside on a date and one came by us. EWWWWW

When I see roaches or maggots, I scream like a little girl!!

Old 08-06-2016, 11:58 PM

1,231 posts, read 1,669,145 times
I was born and raised in LA now living in Sacramento. Upon arriving at Burbank Airport at night about a month ago, I noticed how muggy it was. The humidity wasn't as bad as in the Southeast, but it was higher than what I remember growing up in So Cal.

Old 08-07-2016, 04:52 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,875,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDF View Post
I remember when I was in LA in October 2014 and it was 95 degrees! Crazy.
growing up our hottest time in So. Ca. was Aug. into Sept. School started the first of second week of Sept, depending on where you lived, it was always miserable and yet we couldn't wait to wear our fall cloths and yes, even early Oct could be bad but at least we didn't have humidity. Of course we lived inland somewhat.

Our oldest daughter was born in early Oct. At the time we lived in Inglewood and about 5 minutes or so from the hospital. I remember bringer her home, wrapped in a heavy blanket, don't want baby to get cold. OMG, she was bright red and miserable by the time we got into the house.

Old 08-07-2016, 07:03 AM

26,764 posts, read 26,880,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
she was telling me that's its been this way forever now, I don't think it has
She's wrong; you're right. It has NOT been this way forever.

Historically California’s heat is very dry, will a cooling effect in the evening, but as a long-term trend humidity is rising in the region... Take Two | Are Southern California heat waves getting more humid? | 89.3 KPCC

Old 08-07-2016, 10:11 AM

508 posts, read 505,226 times
Weather has been hot but not very humid. Was just in the south nobody in LA can complain about humidity.

Old 08-07-2016, 07:06 PM

1,544 posts, read 926,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LamarOdomsDealer View Post
That was me and yesterday, my dog ate one of them

Today while walking I saw more huge roaches in my neighborhood. I just don't remember seeing these things years ago. The one time I did, it was actually during the summer at that famous hot dog place that's open 24hours a day in Hollywood I think. I sitting outside on a date and one came by us. EWWWWW

When I see roaches or maggots, I scream like a little girl!!
I feel bad for your dog. Blech.

And you were talking about Pink's Hot Dogs on La Brea & Melrose, right? Never cared for that place as I thought it was overrated. All the more reason for me not to go now. Cockroaches do not discriminate.

Old 08-08-2016, 08:59 AM

762 posts, read 611,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeasonedNewbie View Post
I feel bad for your dog. Blech.

And you were talking about Pink's Hot Dogs on La Brea & Melrose, right? Never cared for that place as I thought it was overrated. All the more reason for me not to go now. Cockroaches do not discriminate.
I guess that was it. I was raised a valley girl and never ventured into the 310 that much lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles