Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2017, 07:58 AM

25,303 posts, read 21,458,447 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiko View Post
I guess Bonin joined up with the alt-right
More like he didn't want to get recalled lol .

$180,000 yr+ to be a councilman and just come up with bad idea after bad idea is a pretty sweet gig .

One other recent example of what they get paid to do

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/l...505-story.html

None of what they do actually benefits the people that voted them in .

The road diet is just the latest fail of many fails courtesy of the out of touch idiots running the city.

Last edited by jm1982; 07-27-2017 at 08:08 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2017, 07:21 PM

13,583 posts, read 15,662,103 times
^ LOL!!!

Love that sign -- top kek.

Old 07-27-2017, 11:53 PM

https://la.curbed.com/2017/7/27/1605...ts-vision-zero

Old 07-28-2017, 01:32 AM

89 posts, read 68,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
May 2017 ?

This article is from June 2014.. and the article mentions he first announced it in October 2013..

L.A. Mayor Garcetti identifies city's 'Great Streets' - LA Times
Yes. The road diet in Mar Vista is still in its infancy.
Therefore, the article you've quoted is irrelevant considering data has yet to be fully analyzed.

Last edited by Rlnoir2; 07-28-2017 at 01:46 AM..

Old 07-28-2017, 01:45 AM

89 posts, read 68,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exitus Acta Probat View Post
No, you don't set the goal posts. Obviously, traffic spills onto adjoining arteries. Fact.

When you're old enough to drive, you'll understand how frustrating traffic can be -- particularly when our streets were never intended for our current population density. As I've previously stated, developers have set our growth policies rather than those whose job it is to act on our best interests for the greatest good of society.
Still waiting on that data

Im very aware of the implications of traffic, which is why I made the savvy decision to purchase my property in a walkable area - in order to take full advantage of alternative means of transport.

You dont move into an urban mecca and complain of the populous.

This isnt the 1950s anymore buddy. Density is the future.

Old 07-28-2017, 08:21 AM

8,342 posts, read 6,431,022 times
Doug Mcintyre just had Bonan on 790 AM. He is a professional politician and to the easy to fool or the uninformed or the gullible he sounded very good.
Doug can't really go after these guys or none of them will ever come on his show so he didn't argue with him as well as he could have. Bonan continued with his up yours , I'm going to do whatever I want attitude.

Old 07-28-2017, 08:50 AM

12,387 posts, read 8,152,322 times
There are the McIntyre's of the world but also the John Kobel's. The entire ideal that I have a house in a neighborhood so I can blockade everyone else is an act of war and Bonin will be the first target hopefully the other representatives will learn the lesson that they can't block a public highway.

Perhaps one day we get to the point that because you jammed things up in your selfishness that nobody finds it worthwhile to travel to your neighborhood to deliver your groceries, be a cashier or give you a staff working at anyplace that you want to walk to. But then you are stuck behind your own roadblock and can't get to a walkable place..

Old 07-28-2017, 12:54 PM

The problem is these people want to create some kind of European hamlet or village experience right in the 2nd largest city in America .
With a bunch of people biking or taking their Vespas to work.
That's just not the reality in L.A and it's not what most people want . But these politicians do not care about the people only for their own little pet project fantasies and that becomes more clear each day.

Old 07-28-2017, 03:06 PM

53 posts, read 50,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exitus Acta Probat View Post
No, you don't set the goal posts. Obviously, traffic spills onto adjoining arteries. Fact.
The traffic that does peel off of those congested main arteries tends to be of the aggressive frustrated kind. Some of it ends up cutting through narrow neighborhood streets. And not at 25mph. I'm here, I see it.

Not hating, but Venice had the normal bike lane thru that stretch before, local cyclists will tell you it served them well for years.

I hope all these supposed benefits come to fruition, but so far I'm not seeing any of that.

Old 07-28-2017, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanilla ice View Post
The traffic that does peel off of those congested main arteries tends to be of the aggressive frustrated kind. Some of it ends up cutting through narrow neighborhood streets. And not at 25mph. I'm here, I see it.

Not hating, but Venice had the normal bike lane thru that stretch before, local cyclists will tell you it served them well for years.

I hope all these supposed benefits come to fruition, but so far I'm not seeing any of that.
Are you the real Vanilla Ice? If so that would be pretty awesome.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles