Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2017, 04:49 PM

4,795 posts, read 4,830,199 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by majoun View Post
Never local? Even with the heroin epidemic? I find that very hard to believe
Heroin addicts aren't doing violent armed home invasions. Junkies like crimes of opportunity such as car break ins where they have little chance of running into someone. We do have plenty of those too but mostly because we have lots of stupid people that leave their cars unlocked in their drive ways because they are used to it being a safe area. Also most of the junkies in Santa Clarita are privileged white teens and young adults who's parents give them money or they just steal from their parents wallets
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2017, 06:19 PM

13,584 posts, read 15,682,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanms3030 View Post
the perps are black gang members. It's very common for these criminals from Compton/South LA etc to drive out to Calabasas and other nice neighborhoods to do their home invasions. Much more opportunity and less resistance. I live in a nicer part of Santa Clarita and we have this happening all the time and the perps are never local. It also helps that we don't even have our own police and rely on sherrifs who never come into our part of town unless a crime happens because it's so quiet and safe. But that just means the professional criminals know that even if someone calls the cops that they have a certain window of time to do what they need to do and still get away before cops show up on the scene
The Palos Verdes Peninsula is the same way. According to the local sheriff dept., 100% of the home invasions are perpetrated by people who live elsewhere.

Old 09-28-2017, 06:39 PM

9,807 posts, read 11,156,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exitus Acta Probat View Post
But we need the television cameras on their mothers, because I'm sure they were good boys who "didn't do nuthin'."
Justice-affected 'youths' are perceived as victims themselves.

Truth be told, I do feel a limited degree of sadness for even the perpetrators. Many of them got sucked into this thug lifestyle, and, like these perps, are now on their way to failing themselves and society.

The thug life glorification is a big part of the problem. People should not falsely associate African American culture with being a thug. It is a gross distortion.

Old 09-28-2017, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvSouthOC View Post

Truth be told, I do feel a limited degree of sadness for even the perpetrators. Many of them got sucked into this thug lifestyle, and, like these perps, are now on their way to failing themselves and society.

The thug life glorification is a big part of the problem. People should not falsely associate African American culture with being a thug. It is a gross distortion.
A bigger part of the problem is kids growing up without 2 good parents or even 1 good parent in many cases. It's amazing how much better people turn out when they are actually cared for and taught how to be a human

Old 09-28-2017, 06:49 PM

9,807 posts, read 11,156,725 times
Quote:
A bigger part of the problem is kids growing up without 2 good parents or even 1 good parent in many cases. It's amazing how much better people turn out when they are actually cared for and taught how to be a human
Yeah having a dad can work wonders too. But there is also deep societal decay and much of it is the thug life acceptance.

Old 09-28-2017, 06:56 PM

17,440 posts, read 28,626,069 times
Quote:

I don't feel sorry for them at all. I have a lot more sympathy for hardworking illegals than I have for them. We should deport all the Crips and Bloods not the illegals who aren't in gangs and who aren't committing violent crime (the overwhelming, overwhelming majority).

Let's face it, it might be trendy to blame illegals but they actually do contribute things to society. Unlike black gangbangers.

Last edited by majoun; 09-28-2017 at 07:05 PM..

Old 09-28-2017, 06:57 PM

17,440 posts, read 28,626,069 times
Quote:
That's actually the key. A single mom raising boys who she had out of wedlock guarantees problems, especially if she's on welfare.

Old 09-29-2017, 09:44 AM

183 posts, read 207,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majoun View Post
...Unlike black gangbangers.
How about all gangbangers? Take them all away and put them to work. Maybe dig up a river or build a wall or something.

Quote:
Truth be told, I do feel a limited degree of sadness for even the perpetrators.
If they were youths, I would have some sympathy. As an adult, not at all. Don't blame the parents or lack thereof for their final accountability.

Quote:
People should not falsely associate African American culture with being a thug. It is a gross distortion.
Completely agree. A sincere smile (attitude) should be the first impression, not the color of ones skin.

Quote:
You can still shoot them in your own home...just have to reload after 10 rounds
I wonder if CA gun laws, like the 10 round magazine max capacity, have actually shown to decrease firearm-related deaths. It seems criminals and thugs will break the law anyway, obtaining standard capacity mags, while law-abiding citizens have one less freedom. Then again, if one can't do it with 10, they need to practice more...or pick up a baseball bat instead. In this case, there were multiple attackers, so a standard capacity magazine could have had benefit, but not many people are responsive enough to bare arms in response to an intruder, especially waking up in the middle of the night. I would have to calmly ask the intruder to come back in ten minutes after I drink my morning coffee to function. Also, multiple shots put others at risk, like family and neighbors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrolman View Post
And don't forget the draconian gun laws we have to live with. Heaven forbid if an evildoer gets shot.
Agree, the defensive shooter will have to deal with the fallout. There is precedence of wrongful death lawsuits due to excessive force based on multiple shoots, typically when the intruder survive the gunshots or shot in the back. Not saying the lawsuits were successful (or makes sense) but the courtroom drama and legal fees are costly.

Now back to work for me

Old 09-29-2017, 11:47 AM

181 posts, read 190,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exitus Acta Probat View Post
But we need the television cameras on their mothers, because I'm sure they were good boys who "didn't do nuthin'."
Typical Liberal response.

Old 09-29-2017, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pharmboyinSD View Post
How about all gangbangers? Take them all away and put them to work. Maybe dig up a river or build a wall or something.

If they were youths, I would have some sympathy. As an adult, not at all. Don't blame the parents or lack thereof for their final accountability.

Completely agree. A sincere smile (attitude) should be the first impression, not the color of ones skin.

I wonder if CA gun laws, like the 10 round magazine max capacity, have actually shown to decrease firearm-related deaths. It seems criminals and thugs will break the law anyway, obtaining standard capacity mags, while law-abiding citizens have one less freedom. Then again, if one can't do it with 10, they need to practice more...or pick up a baseball bat instead. In this case, there were multiple attackers, so a standard capacity magazine could have had benefit, but not many people are responsive enough to bare arms in response to an intruder, especially waking up in the middle of the night. I would have to calmly ask the intruder to come back in ten minutes after I drink my morning coffee to function. Also, multiple shots put others at risk, like family and neighbors.

Agree, the defensive shooter will have to deal with the fallout. There is precedence of wrongful death lawsuits due to excessive force based on multiple shoots, typically when the intruder survive the gunshots or shot in the back. Not saying the lawsuits were successful (or makes sense) but the courtroom drama and legal fees are costly.

Now back to work for me
I think all gun laws have proven to only effect law abiding citizens. Criminals are not walking into a gun store and buying guns. They are getting them on the black market and they are getting automatic weapons with high cap mags. Any one of us can log onto the dark web right now and buy any gun we want. It's time to stop the charades. Excessive gun laws only put the rest of us at a disadvantage when it comes to protecting ourselves and family against criminals....and the government and that's what the second amendment is really about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles