Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2017, 09:55 AM

1,365 posts, read 2,247,441 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Vega View Post
Studio City is suppose to be a nice area, always looks like North Hollywood to me.
Agreed. It's too dumpy for me. Luckily, I'm only here because I work in this area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2017, 10:36 AM

17,440 posts, read 28,602,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungTraveler2011 View Post
Agreed. It's too dumpy for me. Luckily, I'm only here because I work in this area.
It's "a part of Los Angeles", do you actually expect it to be clean and well maintained? It's not the '70s anymore.

That said Studio City is one of the nicest (and most expensive, and most affluent) parts of the Valley.

Old 12-11-2017, 11:19 AM

1,616 posts, read 2,490,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Vega View Post
Studio City is suppose to be a nice area, always looks like North Hollywood to me.
Get glasses.

Old 12-11-2017, 11:20 AM

1,616 posts, read 2,490,444 times
Quote:
Quit.

Old 12-11-2017, 11:40 AM

18,172 posts, read 16,398,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
They act like they are on the Auto Bahn
In their case it should be the auto BAN

Old 12-11-2017, 05:24 PM

451 posts, read 562,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kings Gambit View Post
I've never had any issue with finding parking anywhere along Ventura blvd from Studio City all the way to Woodland Hills. Never had a parking issue. Maybe you are just one to complain because you cant afford to live here. Or, this just fits in with every other thread you have ever posted complaining about something about L.A.

Where EXACTLY were you when you had this major life changing "I-must-start-a-CD-thread-about-this-because-it-so-negatively-impacted me" parking issue? What restaurant were you trying to go to?

Notice after multiple posts questioning his inability to find a parking spot, perhaps being angry at something else (I suspect he got a parking ticket or something), his only response is directed to someone else who likens Studio City to North Hollywood.

Quote:
Well excuse us Mr. "High-Standards", but not every city can live up to your Saks 5th Avenue expectations. I think the majority of us see that you seem to have some kind of axe to grind. I've never had any issues parking even on a Fri/Sat night along Ventura much less during the day. In such event, valet parking is usually a fraction of the cost to that on the other side of the hill.
And while its no Santa Monica or Beverly Hills, Studio City is far from dumpy on any relative scale.
My guess is that you parked where you shouldn't have or let the meter run and got dinged for a ticket. But that shouldn't be a problem for someone of such high standards of living such as yourself.

Old 12-12-2017, 03:14 AM

567 posts, read 431,501 times
There's plenty of parking if your going to one of the restaurants on Ventura Blvd, west of Laurel Canyon. Unfortunately most of the restaurants along Ventura Blvd, in Studio City, are located east of Laurel Canyon, and Parking is a huge issue there. There are no less than 20 restaurants along the 3 blocks east of Laurel Canyon and your likely going to be charged $5 to valet park. Despite the lack of parking the restaurants are packed every night.

Old 12-12-2017, 05:39 AM

89 posts, read 68,487 times
I love living on the Westside but if I could somehow deal with the 101 and driving through the canyons I wouldnt mind residing in Studio City.. its a really nice neighborhood in my opinion.

A bit dingy looking yes, but thats all apart of LA's charm.. Theres still quality dining and shopping available.

Last edited by Rlnoir2; 12-12-2017 at 05:53 AM..

Old 12-12-2017, 12:46 PM

2,518 posts, read 2,058,060 times
LOL at the idea that Studio City isn't nice enough for your standards. South of Ventura, I'm sure you can't afford. Either park 3 blocks north of Ventura, or Uber it in.

I dont like the Kardashians, but their tv show was filmed at a house in Studio City (they dont live there). It's for sale, if you got $9M:
Studio City home of

$5 valet on Ventura Blvd is chump change. Parking in DTLA, like the Nokia Center/LA Live/ Microsoft Theatre is $30 for 3 hours:
https://www.microsofttheater.com/par...arking-lot-map

Old 12-12-2017, 01:32 PM

183 posts, read 207,175 times
The OP lists his location in West Hollywood. Is that area easier/cheaper to park than Studio City? Just curious because there are a lot of nice restaurants down there and I almost always have to valet to park.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles