Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2008, 04:59 PM

4,189 posts, read 3,481,874 times

Advertisements

Thanks Speed and theone for bringing this thread back to its original roots Also thanks to everyone for their positive imput. I am less anxious now. Didn't want to be walking around LA a hot mess
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2008, 06:03 PM

1,211 posts, read 1,496,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
thank you CESpeed! i dont want to get into it with people who dont understand, but who in their right mind would refer to athletic young woman as hos. forget the nappy headed part. would he want someone calling his mama that? his wife (is he married)? thats just ridiculous to refer to upstanding women such as the Bk team in such a manner.

as for the double standards part, you need to realize that one is in refernce to how curly or natural hair is and the other is meant as a derogatory term. simple as that. dont try to bring your PC stuff around here. take that to the other forums where people like you can stroke eachothers ego's.

if you dont understand, here, maybe this might help

i.e. "man my nails are dirty/grundgy"
but if some one says
"get your dirty a$$ grundgy self outta here, HO"
do you see the difference? do you get it. its the context. simple as that. so stay away PC police crusader. this just might be above you.
They are not a black team are they? their was one or two white women on that team so that doesn't make it a BK team. and they were insulted as a team not part of the team. But I guess you don't want to say anything about the white part of the team.

Oh yeah why don't you tell us what, people like me may be I would like to know. You are sounding more racist all the time.

Old 04-10-2008, 06:18 PM

5,408 posts, read 12,666,667 times
um by BK im meant basketball. whats wrong with you? stop being so feisty! BK is basket ball. blk, now thas black, but when i said Bk, i was referring to basketball. like fb is foot ball. check your pulse homeboy its not that serious.
as for what i would call you...well i dont know you so cant really say, but your name does not suprise me at all.

Old 04-10-2008, 07:24 PM

5,612 posts, read 15,116,949 times
Ignore junkman, he bounces from forum to forum stiring things up

Old 04-10-2008, 07:34 PM

489 posts, read 1,914,878 times
Grrrrrr, trolls!

Old 04-11-2008, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
um by BK im meant basketball. whats wrong with you? stop being so feisty! BK is basket ball. blk, now thas black, but when i said Bk, i was referring to basketball. like fb is foot ball. check your pulse homeboy its not that serious.
as for what i would call you...well i dont know you so cant really say, but your name does not suprise me at all.
As you can tell I don't follow sports, I have better things to do than see a grown up person bounce a ball around.

Old 04-11-2008, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CESpeed View Post
Ignore junkman, he bounces from forum to forum stiring things up
I was born and raised in SoCal so I have an interest in the California board. As I sure you will if you ever move to Arkansas. And what I do is none of your business anyway.

Old 04-11-2008, 03:02 PM

5,408 posts, read 12,666,667 times
ill take that as not only an apology but also a retraction of the racism allegation...

Old 04-11-2008, 05:41 PM

5,612 posts, read 15,116,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by junkman18 View Post
I was born and raised in SoCal so I have an interest in the California board. As I sure you will if you ever move to Arkansas. And what I do is none of your business anyway.
Pot meet Kettle....

Old 04-12-2008, 01:21 PM

938 posts, read 4,094,561 times
I have locs too!

I go to a gentlemen by the name of Dexter on La Brea and 3rd across the street from Ralph's. I'll get his number for you.

But if you can't make it over there, try any black commmunity, including Crenshaw (Crenshaw/Rodeo Rd.), but also Carson, Fox Hills and Slauson Blvd.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles