Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2019, 12:52 PM

13,583 posts, read 15,662,103 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Easy View Post
Not imperative, but cities are either growing or dying and we were definitely the latter.
Well that's quite a Morton's Fork there -- we either grow or die, as if we cannot prosper without increasing the population and further jamming up the roads with more commuters. I would like to see the data to back up that hypothesis. I'll wait...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2019, 01:10 PM

4,212 posts, read 3,297,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
Lol. Wait. You’re “living in a heavily armed refugee camp of exiles in AZ, just across the Colorado from occupied California...” and laughing about cheap gasoline? $50 a month in gas savings makes that big a difference? Happy for you, while I am sailing central coast.
Also what's the point of cheaper gas if you're driving 30+ miles to get groceries or to see a movie.

Old 10-27-2019, 01:19 PM

22,146 posts, read 33,537,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustMike77 View Post
There was a proposition to repeal it, but California voters were too stupid to pass it.
The more than $5 million raised by those pushing the repeal was eclipsed by the $47 million brought in by initiative opponents from the construction industry, organized labor and Democrats.
The voters were bamboozled again by politicians and special interests.

Old 10-27-2019, 02:39 PM

3,433 posts, read 3,753,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJester View Post
On Gas Buddy, the average CAD price per liter in Vancouver is $1.440. That's $4.173 USD per gallon.

Your receipt is showing $1.79 per liter ($5.22 USD per gallon, assuming you went there just now, with the current exchange rate).

Either you went to Vancouver when the gas prices were either even higher than they are now, or you just went to one of the most expensive gas stations in Vancouver.

Average gas prices per gallon by province/state on Gas Buddy right now (all prices in USD):

California: $4.053 (Most expensive in US)
British Columbia: $4.031 (Most expensive in Canada)
Northwest Territories: $3.874 (2nd Most expensive in Canada)
Quebec: $3.471
Ontario: $3.337
Oregon: $3.337
Alberta: $2.827 (cheapest in Canada)
Louisiana: $2.206 (cheapest in the US)

By city:
Vancouver: 4.173
San Francisco: 4.152
Los Angeles: 4.075
San Diego: 4.027
Montreal: 3.582
Toronto: 3.253

Yes, gas prices in British Columbia are usually higher than in California. But British Columbia has Canada's highest gas prices. California's gas prices are higher than in Ontario and Quebec.
Are you serious? I made this point to you before, haven't you learned? See posts 16 and 18...

//www.city-data.com/forum/calif...l#post56083246

If you think the prices there are cheap, you can go to BC and buy the gas there. Tell me how much you paid to get there and buy the cheap gas.

You can't apply the exchange rate for gas bought in Canada. It's irrelevant! Canadians are paid in CANADIAN DOLLARS, so $1.44 per liter CAD is $5.45 per gallon for Canadians. So like I said, if you want to go there to buy gas, let me know how much you paid for travel there.

Even if you wanted to apply the exchange rate, I paid $107 for that tank of gas. This was a month ago. And I paid several hundred dollars to get to Vancouver.

If the exchange rate changes, does the gasoline price for Canadians change? NO!!! So your comparison makes NO SENSE.

Last edited by Vic Romano; 10-27-2019 at 03:19 PM..

Old 10-28-2019, 10:57 AM

5,681 posts, read 5,159,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasBound19 View Post
Democrats sure love poor people.

LOL
Texas still won't take you, eh?

Old 10-29-2019, 02:48 PM

18,250 posts, read 16,920,340 times
Needles--blast-furnace hot in the summer. 115F typical August day.

Old 11-04-2019, 03:05 PM

11,803 posts, read 8,012,998 times
Just wondering but why is gas so expensive there? I visited SF awhile back and was shocked by how much more expensive gasoline was there. I paid on average about $1.50 per gallon more than what I've paid where I live. I thought California was an oil producer.

Old 11-04-2019, 05:08 PM

1,631 posts, read 2,387,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Need4Camaro View Post
Just wondering but why is gas so expensive there? I visited SF awhile back and was shocked by how much more expensive gasoline was there. I paid on average about $1.50 per gallon more than what I've paid where I live. I thought California was an oil producer.
Answer is no one knows what gas companies charge more to California than other states with gas taxes slightly equal or less to California. They just say hey we will increase $1 because a refinery fire of one company that isn't ours. Or use any excuse to charge $1 more. Yet the right makes you believe it is all has taxes. $1-2 more than other states is all purely gas taxes. That is wrong. It is a fixed price for California. Anything above and more $$ is purely the greed of the oil companies. It lowered down 20-30 cents in the past 2 weeks, for what reason, no one knows either. Anyway a lot of people in my neighborhood drive Prius, Volt, Teslas, and other more efficient cars. The people that dont complain the most it seems.

Old 11-04-2019, 05:09 PM

3,877 posts, read 3,896,280 times
Another reason to embrace public transit!! Gas prices need to be even higher so public transportation can be free in Los Angeles County half the people don't pay anyway!

Old 11-05-2019, 12:01 PM

11,803 posts, read 8,012,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saybanana View Post
Answer is no one knows what gas companies charge more to California than other states with gas taxes slightly equal or less to California. They just say hey we will increase $1 because a refinery fire of one company that isn't ours. Or use any excuse to charge $1 more. Yet the right makes you believe it is all has taxes. $1-2 more than other states is all purely gas taxes. That is wrong. It is a fixed price for California. Anything above and more $$ is purely the greed of the oil companies. It lowered down 20-30 cents in the past 2 weeks, for what reason, no one knows either. Anyway a lot of people in my neighborhood drive Prius, Volt, Teslas, and other more efficient cars. The people that dont complain the most it seems.
Never put thought to mind in that but I guess that makes sense as to why you see so many EV's there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles