Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-03-2020, 04:38 AM

43,641 posts, read 44,368,561 times

Advertisements

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oz0CKlGj3uI

I watched part of the comments live yesterday. I was wondering if you think these comments will matter in light of the current situation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2020, 08:25 AM

17,815 posts, read 25,630,189 times
He needs to go.

I am so proud of my fellow Angelinos, so proud.

That was just a small portion.

Last Saturday when the curfew was to begin at 8pm. He went on the news warning LA residents to stay home or face arrest.

The Fairfax district was hit for the SECOND time, with looters pulling in cars and just going wild.It was broadcast live on Channel 11, it was surreal to watch. Not one LAPD car in sight. This was around 11:30 pm, 3 1/2 hours into the curfew and it's a do whatever you want. Are we in "The Purge"now?

IDK their names but these two are real reporters, they spoke to the looters who actually said " don't film my license plate''..LOL, of course they did. Driving like bats out of hell. This was the only place looting occurred, no cops.

This is a repeat of 92, but even worse because there is no excuse this time. He talks to LA residents like we are criminals and let's criminal run wild..

Daryl Gates was forced to resign as he should have, well same for this one. How the hell do not have any cops at the area the Fairfax district, while it is being looted. There is no logical explanation other it was done on purpose. Add in the topics the residents said and it's time to say "TOOTLES"

When you push people too far, they push back.

Last edited by seain dublin; 06-03-2020 at 08:35 AM..

Old 06-03-2020, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
He needs to go.

I am so proud of my fellow Angelinos, so proud.

That was just a small portion.

Last Saturday when the curfew was to begin at 8pm. He went on the news warning LA residents to stay home or face arrest.

The Fairfax district was hit for the SECOND time, with looters pulling in cars and just going wild.It was broadcast live on Channel 11, it was surreal to watch. Not one LAPD car in sight. This was around 11:30 pm, 3 1/2 hours into the curfew and it's a do whatever you want. Are we in "The Purge"now?

IDK their names but these two are real reporters, they spoke to the looters who actually said " don't film my license plate''..LOL, of course they did. Driving like bats out of hell. This was the only place looting occurred, no cops.

This is a repeat of 92, but even worse because there is no excuse this time. He talks to LA residents like we are criminals and let's criminal run wild..

Daryl Gates was forced to resign as he should have, well same for this one. How the hell do not have any cops at the area the Fairfax district, while it is being looted. There is no logical explanation other it was done on purpose. Add in the topics the residents said and it's time to say "TOOTLES"

When you push people too far, they push back.
Was Fairfax hit again due to anti-Semitism as there are quite a few Jewish owned businesses there?

Old 06-03-2020, 08:47 AM

6,675 posts, read 4,275,484 times
What were they meeting about? Where to find safer donut buying venues for their worthless police?

Old 06-03-2020, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike930 View Post
What were they meeting about? Where to find safer donut buying venues for their worthless police?
I only heard comments from incoming callers. Many of them were calling for the Police Commissioner to resign.

Old 06-03-2020, 09:22 AM

6,675 posts, read 4,275,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chava61 View Post
I only heard comments from incoming callers. Many of them were calling for the Police Commissioner to resign.
They definitely need new leadership. They aren’t the only department either.

Old 06-03-2020, 09:22 AM

17,815 posts, read 25,630,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chava61 View Post
Was Fairfax hit again due to anti-Semitism as there are quite a few Jewish owned businesses there?
Well that is a very good question and you're very correct. It is mostly Jewish owned, nice to see someone
who actually thinks for a change.

Who knows why, but the bigger question is "Where was the LAPD". It was like 92 where you looters all over the city. This was about 3 hours into the curfew. Channel 11 was the only station that was still on live on the air, and so grateful the residents of our city should be.

It was surreal, that's the only word I can think of. I was here for 92, but even in 92 they knew better than pull up right in front and say "don't film my license plate"..I know the dumbing down of America has been going on for years now, but come on.

It was almost comical but because of what it was beyond tragic.

Where was the LAPD? This was the ONLY part of the city that was having this occurring after the first round of looting had gotten under control...so I guess he thought him saying on TV the one time statement was enough?

People are fed up, doesn't matter what color they are, who they voted for. sexual orientation. 'This is getting people to UNITE for a change, and it is needed more than ever.
'
No excuse for this to have happened.

Thank you for posting this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles