Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2021, 04:15 PM

2,209 posts, read 1,781,929 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ze Goggles View Post
I love Pasadena. It's so nice there. I love all the American craftsman houses.
I like the Craftsman houses anywhere.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2021, 06:35 PM

2,353 posts, read 5,374,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highlanderfil View Post
You sound like a joy to be around. Where'd you move to?
You of all people have no room to talk about not being a joy to be around. You take top prize for being the most bitter person that I've ever encountered on the interweb. For years ive read your snide remarks to anyone that doesn't align to "your way of thinking".
Why can't you accept that there are people who think differently than you? It's closed minded liberals like you that turned me into a fan of Donald Trump

Old 02-14-2021, 07:21 PM

13,583 posts, read 15,657,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer46 View Post
I like the Craftsman houses anywhere.
Can't argue with that. Although they borrow from other cultures, they look distinctively American.

Old 02-14-2021, 07:26 PM

5,681 posts, read 5,156,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by (901) View Post
You of all people have no room to talk about not being a joy to be around. You take top prize for being the most bitter person that I've ever encountered on the interweb. For years ive read your snide remarks to anyone that doesn't align to "your way of thinking".
Should I be honored or creeped out that you've held it in all those years but finally decided to come out of the closet? I'm going to go with honored. If only just.
Quote:
Why can't you accept that there are people who think differently than you?
Accepting it is one thing. Staying silent while reading outward displays of bigotry, ignorance, intolerance (g'head, call me out for being intolerant towards intolerance) and outright stupidity is another.
Quote:
It's closed minded liberals like you that turned me into a fan of Donald Trump
Nah. You were always a fan. Now you've lost you're just looking for an excuse. BTW, still salty about Christmas being "cancelled"?

A Trump supporter calling a liberal closed minded. Can there be a more delicious instance of irony in this world?

Last edited by highlanderfil; 02-14-2021 at 07:45 PM..

Old 02-14-2021, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Should I be honored or creeped out that you've held it in all those years but finally decided to come out of the closet? I'm going to go with honored. If only just.Accepting it is one thing. Staying silent while reading outward displays of bigotry, ignorance, intolerance (g'head, call me out for being intolerant towards intolerance) and outright stupidity is another.Nah. You were always a fan. Now you've lost you're just looking for an excuse. BTW, still salty about Christmas being "cancelled"?

A Trump supporter calling a liberal closed minded. Can there be a more delicious instance of irony in this world?
Glad you know more about me then I do myself Keep it up. You'll turn more democrats into republicans/independents.

Old 02-14-2021, 08:26 PM

2,209 posts, read 1,781,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exitus Acta Probat View Post
Can't argue with that. Although they borrow from other cultures, they look distinctively American.
I lived in one once, renting. It was very nice and I loved the front porch. Had what we needed, looked nice and had a nice yard and mature trees. Only real negative was just 1 bathroom, but not a big deal. Wasn't a new house, though the one I lived in, in Pasadena was new.

Old 02-14-2021, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by (901) View Post
You'll turn more democrats into republicans/independents.
So if we really get down to the business of parsing this out, it would seem that:

- You see turning Republican as a negative thing and something to be avoided, but...
- ...the words of a random stranger online are far too powerful...
- ...for you to resist flipping over to the dark side.

Man, your head must be a really comfortable place for me to continue to live in it rent-free all these years... And all that just because someone dared to make fun of a made-up holiday.

Old 02-14-2021, 09:30 PM

Quote:
So if we really get down to the business of parsing this out, it would seem that:

- You see turning Republican as a negative thing and something to be avoided, but...
- ...the words of a random stranger online are far too powerful...
- ...for you to resist flipping over to the dark side.

Man, your head must be a really comfortable place for me to continue to live in it rent-free all these years... And all that just because someone dared to make fun of a made-up holiday.
Dont flatter yourself. The reason I remember you so well is that during my divorce I drove a crappy Toyota highlander. It was the most boring car that Ive ever owned. My attorney suggested it was best so the judge wouldn't think I was too flashy and award my ex more money then she deserved. I sold that stupid truck 2 days after the divorce

Old 02-14-2021, 09:53 PM

5,267 posts, read 4,179,474 times
Quote:
Should I be honored or creeped out that you've held it in all those years but finally decided to come out of the closet? I'm going to go with honored. If only just.Accepting it is one thing. Staying silent while reading outward displays of bigotry, ignorance, intolerance (g'head, call me out for being intolerant towards intolerance) and outright stupidity is another.Nah. You were always a fan. Now you've lost you're just looking for an excuse. BTW, still salty about Christmas being "cancelled"?

In what way was that poster a bigot? Is that your go to insult that you call everyone?

My guess is the op isn’t from Ca. In other states people always wave and say hi when they pass people. The op just isn’t used to rude Californians like the posters on here.

Old 02-14-2021, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finper View Post
In what way was that poster a bigot? Is that your go to insult that you call everyone?
He wasn’t. He wasn’t the other adjectives, either (strange you’d hyperfocus on just one, but whatevs). I was referring to what apparently is a long-standing pattern that esteemed (901) was moaning about. I have, in the past, been rather unpleasant to people on this site who have exhibited the referenced behaviors. I make absolutely zero bones about it. But that definitely doesn’t apply here. Not enough data.

As for people being overly nice, it’s one of the things that has always annoyed me about California. Unless you’re from the South, the amount of fake pleasantry you tend to encounter can be overbearing at times. So one’s mileage will definitely vary, which is why the post of mine that so annoyed our divorcee was meant as a reminder that an inward glance might perhaps benefit the OP in discovering the reason people weren’t being nicer to him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles