Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2021, 05:57 AM

26,731 posts, read 26,812,827 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thaitea View Post
Friends/family or a moving company. I would be wary to trust any random stranger. Good luck
Especially entering and exiting your new home with your belongings. Not a good idea.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2021, 11:25 AM

2,513 posts, read 1,298,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
Especially entering and exiting your new home with your belongings. Not a good idea.
Who wants to steal your used IKEA furniture and $20 jeans?

You can pack your precious diamonds and gold into a suitcase and carry it yourself.

Old 08-17-2021, 11:44 AM

1,866 posts, read 934,031 times
I can't really offer advice on this. When I moved here I didn't bring much with me except clothing and a few other things. I lived in an apartment until my home was finally built, and then I hired an interior decorator to have my home filled with furniture, artwork, etc. Didn't have to lift a finger.

I imagine it shouldn't be difficult to find a professional moving company.
You could hire illegals, as someone suggested, at a local Home Depot.
Just make sure they look relatively clean-cut, no tattoos (gang members have tattoos), pay with cash, and be prepared to give them a ride to/from your residence. That's probably the most hassle free way to get some muscle to help move.

Old 08-17-2021, 02:36 PM

130,326 posts, read 12,105,905 times
If you want to hire the people at Home Depot, you might have to get there early int he morning, before they get picked up by a contractor. I think U haul has a service that you can pay to pack or unpack your truck, look at U-Haul websites, sometimes they have the numbers listed for those companies.

Old 08-17-2021, 03:58 PM

4,565 posts, read 5,419,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamainfl View Post
Husband and I moving to Beverly Hills next year. Need help to unload the moving truck when we arrive. I think a couple of guys (Maybe high schoolers or college kids) for an hour or two. How could I find someone like that when the time comes?
How about a little thread participation since this is the thread you started. Already on page two you havent responded to any of the questions/statements at all.

Are you and your husband both driving the moving truck? Or, do you plan on having a moving company do it for you? Its a year away, so as long as you are'nt moving a grand piano, maybe you can start soliciting bids from moving companies who can do EVERYTHING for you. Shouldnt be too expensive.

You are not going to find high school kids (i.e., minors) to help you unload a truck.

Old 08-23-2021, 09:43 PM

158 posts, read 159,605 times
You’re moving to BVH but don’t have money to hire a professional moving company?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamainfl View Post
to unload the moving truck when we arrive. I think a couple of guys (Maybe high schoolers or college kids) for an hour or two. How could I find someone like that when the time comes?

We will be moving next summer. Is there some kind of blog or community info center? Maybe a church that would have access to young people? I just want a couple of people that we could pay cash, not a professional moving company. What are your thoughts?

Old 08-26-2021, 05:04 PM

4,212 posts, read 3,297,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msgsing View Post
You’re moving to Beverly Hills and you don’t have a full service mover that transports and unloads your furniture? Just asking. Looks like you have also been posting about moves to Atlanta and Seattle. And the post about finding a one bedroom near a bus line. OK.
Because there aren't any 1BR apartments/condos or bus lines in Beverly Hills?

Its a significant center of employment, not unusual for someone to be on the market for an average apartment there that costs the same as anywhere else in town.

Old 08-26-2021, 06:44 PM

26,731 posts, read 26,812,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Losfrisco View Post
...not unusual for someone to be on the market for an average apartment there that costs the same as anywhere else in town.
$3,600/month for a 1 bedroom?

Old 08-26-2021, 07:06 PM

4,212 posts, read 3,297,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
$3,600/month for a 1 bedroom?
Yes, you could rent a 1BR for that price, if you are so inclined.

Or you could rent this 2BR, 1500 sqft for $2,300 at Doheny/SaMo.

https://www.trulia.com/p/ca/beverly-...10--2423989615

Its amazing what you can find when you actually look instead of just following popular assumptions (like every property in BH being a multi million dollar mansion).

Old 08-27-2021, 04:06 AM

17 posts, read 9,209 times
You will have to hire someone professional to get your work done smoothly and effectively.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles