Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2022, 09:30 PM

5,003 posts, read 6,003,587 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Losfrisco View Post
That's how the Blue Line extension was in SD for the first few weeks after opening. Pretty steadily crowded now.
The blue line trolley has lots of destinations on it, plus it goes downtown so that makes sense. The Crenshaw line will probably be similar (maybe slightly less), but not until it connects to LAX and the C line.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2022, 01:58 AM

2,552 posts, read 1,321,701 times
Did you notice any security officers around?

Underground subway stations are extremely dangerous in LA.
It's the main reason why people don't use them.

Old 10-24-2022, 02:20 PM

37,270 posts, read 39,566,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Easy View Post
The blue line trolley has lots of destinations on it, plus it goes downtown so that makes sense. The Crenshaw line will probably be similar (maybe slightly less), but not until it connects to LAX and the C line.
How does the planned connection to the C line intended to operate? Does the Crenshaw Line / K Line intended to run the entire length of the C line route from the current Aviation/LAX C line stop to Norwalk or is there going to be some kind of short turnaround there?

I really wish the Harbor Subdivision became a frequent electrified Metrolink line that went to LAX directly to Union Station with some stops along the way, because that's generally what makes the most sense for major city airport transit, but at least this is going to be something.

Old 10-24-2022, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OyCrumbler View Post
LAX directly to Union Station
This service exists: FlyAway buses. It stops at every terminal, so it's pretty convenient.

Old 10-25-2022, 07:42 AM

37,270 posts, read 39,566,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincenze View Post
This service exists: FlyAway buses. It stops at every terminal, so it's pretty convenient.

It's okay. It unfortunately gets bogged in the same traffic as other road vehicles and doesn't have that much capacity. If the Harbor Subdivision was reused for a direct terminal flight, then I'd imagine it would operate with a few stops, especially if interesting with any transit lines, before getting to Union Station and then would continue on to one of the other Metrolink branches. Generally a good amount of service is something like every 15 minutes or less and where it goes after Union Station can alternate branches. This then provides great intra-city service as well as a reliable airport express train.

Old 10-25-2022, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OyCrumbler View Post
It's okay. It unfortunately gets bogged in the same traffic as other road vehicles and doesn't have that much capacity.
I rode FlyAway. I didn't experience big delays.
FlyAway buses use the toll lanes on the 110.

I experienced delays riding the Expo Line in Downtown, especially, near Pico. I don't think there is another way into Downtown from LAX.

Old 12-21-2022, 08:06 AM

43,767 posts, read 44,538,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Easy View Post
The LAX station that was added after the K line started construction is optimistically (my opinion) scheduled to open in 2024, not 2023.
I saw a video on Youtube (a few days ago) saying that eventually there is a planned extension of the K line to Wilshire/Fairfax. Does anyone know any details about this? It would nice to be able to go from Wilshire/Fairfax all the way to LAX by train in the future.

Old 12-22-2022, 12:33 AM

4,627 posts, read 3,406,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chava61 View Post
I saw a video on Youtube (a few days ago) saying that eventually there is a planned extension of the K line to Wilshire/Fairfax. Does anyone know any details about this? It would nice to be able to go from Wilshire/Fairfax all the way to LAX by train in the future.

Don't hold your breath as the current timetable is a groundbreaking in 2041.

"Plans are underway to expand the K Line north to the B Line in Hollywood, possibly via La Brea, Fairfax or a Fairfax/San Vicente hybrid, and potentially to the Hollywood Bowl. Metro is currently developing a draft environmental impact report that will explore the options and will release it for public comments in 2023. The project is expected to break ground in 2041 and open for service in 2047."

https://spectrumnews1.com/ca/la-west...o-s-new-k-line

Glad the current segment of the K-line finally opened.

The eventual connection to LAX and the new LAX transit center & Automated LAX people-mover will be great improvements for LAX and transit in LA in general.

It is unfortunate that the Green Line was so horribly planned and subjected to the fractured regional politics of LA County circa the late 80's and early 90's. Should have been built as a direct link from LAX to downtown LA. Instead of a train to nowhere (no offense to Norwalk but come on).

All water under the bridge now. At least we are finally getting a decent backbone built...even with its imperfections.

Old 03-16-2023, 11:42 PM

4,228 posts, read 3,324,191 times
Rode this for the first time a few hours ago.

First thing I noticed upon disembarking from the Expo/Crenshaw line and descending to the K line platform is that it is nearly indistinguishable from Metro Rapid lines from there through Leimert Park.

I was the only person on the platform there, it picked up a bit going south and I had lunch in Inglewood. Much like the Expo line, it surfaces at a major artery (Crenshaw Blvd) and gives you a perspective of L.A. only light rail running at grade can provide.

Really great to see Metro linking L.A. together to make its great civic experience accessible to all, and it will really get interesting when the line is completed to meet the Green line, and when their extensions further into Redondo Beach/Torrance are complete. When that day comes, the "spread out" misnomer will finally be put to rest.

Metro is doing a great job in linking this city together to provide a cohesive and unified experience.

Old 03-17-2023, 11:58 AM

22 people have died since January on LA Metro trains.

That's why it's very dangerous to use subways.

I would rather use the bus 210 that runs on Crenshaw.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles