Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2020, 01:47 PM

7 posts, read 12,629 times

Advertisements

Lottery open for Luxury building in a very convenient area in Brooklyn (June 4 to Aug. 4)

Great amenities:
https://a806-housingconnect.nyc.gov/...ntPdf/1079.pdf
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2020, 01:15 PM

46 posts, read 39,070 times
Hey did you receive an email from impacct bk ? Regarding the new unita they added to this lottery ?

Old 06-25-2020, 10:40 AM

7 posts, read 12,629 times
No. They did not email me. I saw it on the NYC HousingConnect website.
But you are all aware that in July 2020, they will transition to the new site and everyone will have to create a new account because they will not automatically be transferred to the new site?
I already created my account on the new website: https://housingconnect.nyc.gov/PublicWeb/
I wonder what they will do with building that have open application deadlines after they move to the new site.
In any event, they probably know how they will handle all that.

Old 09-01-2020, 08:31 PM

12 posts, read 5,955 times
Log numbers are out.

This building isn’t doing community preferences from what I’ve seen.

Old 09-01-2020, 09:07 PM

16 posts, read 17,014 times
Log #19XX I pray to be receive a call back

Old 09-01-2020, 09:46 PM

5 posts, read 4,113 times
I'm log # 39,XXX. It seems almost impossible that I'll get called.
Do any of you know if they have veterans preference?
If so, do they assign log #'s prior to knowing whether the applicants are veterans, etc.?

Old 09-02-2020, 07:12 AM

1,408 posts, read 2,033,921 times
46,xxx for me, so that's a nope, most likely. It's ok though, it's pricey.

EDIT: And so closes the last lottery log for me on the old site.

Last edited by popartist; 09-02-2020 at 08:00 AM..

Old 09-02-2020, 01:37 PM

2,179 posts, read 1,862,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by popartist View Post
46,xxx for me, so that's a nope, most likely. It's ok though, it's pricey.

EDIT: And so closes the last lottery log for me on the old site.
Yeah my log number is over 45k and only one 1 bedroom in my income range and that is pricey for the building. I’ve seen their market rate apts, the staging makes them look great but still over priced unless you score a walk in closet with the size of the bedroom (it was enough to fit a full or queen) not much else. My interest is staying in the area (I’m around the corner) and in unit washer dryer. That said,they still have a ton of unfinished apartments...

Old 09-02-2020, 02:03 PM

1,408 posts, read 2,033,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshabrady View Post
Yeah my log number is over 45k and only one 1 bedroom in my income range and that is pricey for the building. I’ve seen their market rate apts, the staging makes them look great but still over priced unless you score a walk in closet with the size of the bedroom (it was enough to fit a full or queen) not much else. My interest is staying in the area (I’m around the corner) and in unit washer dryer. That said,they still have a ton of unfinished apartments...
Funny thing is about an hour after I saw my log for this, I got an email for an eligibility interview/paperwork for a re-rental at City Point Tower One a block away from 1 Flatbush. Apartment (assuming a studio and not 1 bedroom, which I can't afford) is about the same size as the one I'm in now but the location is a lot better, building from what I can see seems well kept, rent should be in range and at least there is laundry on each floor (I have had mostly basement laundry rooms in my life). Wish timing was a few months later (would need to break a lease if I take it) but we will see how it turns out.

Old 09-02-2020, 02:26 PM

2,179 posts, read 1,862,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by popartist View Post
Funny thing is about an hour after I saw my log for this, I got an email for an eligibility interview/paperwork for a re-rental at City Point Tower One a block away from 1 Flatbush. Apartment (assuming a studio and not 1 bedroom, which I can't afford) is about the same size as the one I'm in now but the location is a lot better, building from what I can see seems well kept, rent should be in range and at least there is laundry on each floor (I have had mostly basement laundry rooms in my life). Wish timing was a few months later (would need to break a lease if I take it) but we will see how it turns out.
That’s awesome; it is super convenient with TJs, Target and Q train among others
right downstairs

Good luck .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery