Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2010, 07:29 PM

1,253 posts, read 2,946,406 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fontucky View Post
We don't wear kilts.
Dumb.

I personally feel that New York would be better for Fashion if you want to move to the states. LA can be quite behind regardless of all the Europeans that move here. New York and Europe are more advanced and open minded. I remember when I was at Uni back in London (2006) and a few of the fashion students got sponsorship for fashion companies but they were all in New York. Getting sponsorship would be great but within this economy it wont be as easy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2010, 06:26 PM

3 posts, read 3,307 times
hey, i've just moved here from Scotland to do a music degree for a year. It's best to be 21 here so u can get into pubs & clubs (i'm 26) but it's not essential - some clubs let 18yo's in but can't drink.

I'm here on a 1 year visa and can't work during that time so had to have loadsa money saved up in advance PLUS i had to pay for my tuition which was expensive! I'm paying $1100 per month for a room in an apartment (good area) and i've got flatmates who are in the music business.

So if u can afford it go for it, FIDM is meant to be fantastic, but bear in mind u gotta have all that money saved up before u go to be able to have any chance of gettin a visa

Anything else u wanna know just ask!

Old 03-17-2010, 06:56 PM

2,031 posts, read 3,225,641 times
I agree with those who suggested London or Paris. If you want to come to the US, I would go to New York. LA is behind the times compared to those cities.

Old 03-17-2010, 10:58 PM

1,016 posts, read 1,938,735 times
You would be better off staying in the UK and attending St. Martins in London...Most Brits have attended their school...then build your book aka portfolio in Paris and Milan and head to NYC....LA is not a place to start a REAL fashion career unless you leave here and you can't afford to move to NYC or Europe
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles