Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2010, 03:29 PM

22 posts, read 47,359 times

Advertisements

I know some people hate the LA area, but why is that???
Rich people seem to like it, I never hear complaining from wealthy people. maybe its isolated. IDK
Is it because of how expensive things are?

I am considering a move to LA, but before I wanted to get opinions.
Why do people not like it.
Every time I have been to LA I have loved it, but the continuous bashing makes me wonder.

Old 02-15-2010, 03:38 PM

2,031 posts, read 2,990,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidewaysAK View Post
I know some people hate the LA area, but why is that???
Every place is hated by some people.
Take a world-famous place of 3.8 million people and you'll find lots of people who hate, loathe and despise it.

Similarly, every such place will be adored and beloved by lots of people.

Old 02-15-2010, 03:44 PM

1,084 posts, read 3,289,437 times
Keep in mind there is just a few handfuls of regular posters here who constantly bash LA. How big is the LA metro area? just because it's the majority on here does not mean by any means that it's the majority amongst the residents.

Old 02-15-2010, 04:45 PM

736 posts, read 2,296,756 times
If you can live relatively close to where you work, Los Angeles is an EXCELLENT place to live. Climate is superb. Crime is at a 40 year low. Cultural and artistic opportunities abound. The varied landscapes (ocean, mountains, deserts, etc) all in close proximity boggle the mind.

Some of the major downsides to LA are traffic (hence the need to live/work close by), lack of a good public transit system (though this is improving), air quality issues (again, this has improved in the last few decades and can get better in the future too), and earthquakes (but this is even more true of San Francisco, the great metropolis to our north).

Old 02-15-2010, 04:51 PM

187 posts, read 481,799 times
Love the city of the raza, but hate the gang activity.

Old 02-15-2010, 05:49 PM

1,069 posts, read 3,273,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whereinutep View Post
Love the city of the raza, but hate the gang activity.
A service society ….what the hell would you expect!!
SpELL IT OUT .. D..R..U..G..S..!!

Old 02-15-2010, 06:05 PM

1,203 posts, read 4,420,439 times
I love la.

Old 02-15-2010, 06:07 PM

215 posts, read 771,837 times
I've had a few interesting observations. The main reason I decided to leave after only having been here a year and three months is because the vast majority of people I've met aren't very bright.

But this shouldn't surprise anyone. They have one of the highest drop out rates and the THIRD LOWEST IQ SORES IN THE COUNTRY...

http://www.top50states.com/average-iq-score.html

I'm tired of people driving up to me in their cars and asking me for money for gas and then looking stunned when I say, "No."

I’m tired of this place averaging a 12.5% unemployment rate and people acting as if they never heard the word recession when you talk to them about the economy.

I'm tired of watching people who are afraid of their homeless handing over money whenever someone demands it, though I do find it funny when people walking down the street look stunned when I tell people I'm not going to give them my money.

I'm tired of people saying whatever they want and then being shocked when I say something back as if their holier than thou attitude was actable (in other words they have big mouths but they cower when you stand up to them for their big mouths).

I'm tired of telling people to turn on their lights when they drive at night.

I'm tired of seeing them give security guards the same authority as police (everyone is afraid of authority here), but I do get a kick out of it when I make fun of them to their faces when they get bossy.

Did you know Cali was once the richest state in the United States, and if Cali was it's own country it would have been the 5th wealthiest country on the entire planet? Now they've got the WORST credit rating in the entire country and once they pass a budget they’re back in the red within a few months and they can’t seem to break the pattern. (Insanity is repeatedly doing the same thing while expecting different results) Visit = Good since there are beautiful places in Cali. Living here among this population = Bad.

My friends are heading back to NYC while I've decided not to head back home and so I'm going to Denver (a great little city!). We all have hysterical stories about the people here that have kept our friends and family back home in stitches.

Old 02-15-2010, 06:40 PM

1,069 posts, read 3,273,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ANAPA View Post
I've had a few interesting observations. The main reason I decided to leave after only having been here a year and three months is because the vast majority of people I've met aren't very bright.

But this shouldn't surprise anyone. They have one of the highest drop out rates and the THIRD LOWEST IQ SORES IN THE COUNTRY...

http://www.top50states.com/average-iq-score.html

I'm tired of people driving up to me in their cars and asking me for money for gas and then looking stunned when I say, "No."

I’m tired of this place averaging a 12.5% unemployment rate and people acting as if they never heard the word recession when you talk to them about the economy.

I'm tired of watching people who are afraid of their homeless handing over money whenever someone demands it, though I do find it funny when people walking down the street look stunned when I tell people I'm not going to give them my money.

I'm tired of people saying whatever they want and then being shocked when I say something back as if their holier than thou attitude was actable (in other words they have big mouths but they cower when you stand up to them for their big mouths).

I'm tired of telling people to turn on their lights when they drive at night.

I'm tired of seeing them give security guards the same authority as police (everyone is afraid of authority here), but I do get a kick out of it when I make fun of them to their faces when they get bossy.

Did you know Cali was once the richest state in the United States, and if Cali was it's own country it would have been the 5th wealthiest country on the entire planet? Now they've got the WORST credit rating in the entire country and once they pass a budget they’re back in the red within a few months and they can’t seem to break the pattern. (Insanity is repeatedly doing the same thing while expecting different results) Visit = Good since there are beautiful places in Cali. Living here among this population = Bad.

My friends are heading back to NYC while I've decided not to head back home and so I'm going to Denver (a great little city!). We all have hysterical stories about the people here that have kept our friends and family back home in stitches.
As you live here you only categorize yourself, as to going back to NYC you will only take the same attitude back with you, guessing they have enough bad attitude so, not a good idea.
LA is one of the best places on Earth for people with a talent and a genuine desire to achieve.
It may not have happened for you yet, just give it time and believe!!
But I guess you are from SI.

Last edited by impala666; 02-15-2010 at 07:05 PM..

Old 02-15-2010, 07:36 PM

339 posts, read 778,170 times
I love L.A. It's home. However, the State of California (politically speaking) sucks big time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles