Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2008, 02:46 PM

5,408 posts, read 12,663,530 times

Advertisements

not all of compton is bad! and this year it really hasnt been in the news like it was last year.

killings are way down.

as for you living there? there are white people that do live in compton. and surrounding cities like paramount. dont be scared. it wont be that bad.

everyone else has probably never been in compton. the compton branch of crips...laughable. i think they been watching to much GANGLAND. i have family and friends in CPT. they have never had problems. well with neighbors, yes. but not crime. and you get good or bad neighbors where ever you go.
dont fret.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2008, 06:45 PM

637 posts, read 3,236,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KnoxTown View Post
This can't be serious.

Of course it isnt; you can easily tell the way it was purposely written, probably by a 40 yr old balding white male with a grin on his face while writing it just so he could get a rise out of the crowd...

I saw a similar post a few months ago from someone saying that they were house hunting, had a budget of a 150K and wanted to know if Newport Beach was a nice area...

Last edited by Green Irish Eyes; 11-28-2008 at 06:56 PM.. Reason: Language

Old 11-28-2008, 08:12 PM

359 posts, read 1,312,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KnoxTown View Post
This can't be serious.
I didn't think this was serious either.

Old 11-28-2008, 08:47 PM

196 posts, read 628,751 times
Just in case this is true....you can work in Compton and live in a different city you know. There are tons of affordable places that are MUCH safer than Compton, and are not too far. Long Beach, Harbor City, San Pedro, Carson, and Harbor Gateway are pretty close to Compton, they're affordable, and definitely safe. If you're serious about this, I highly recommend you look elsewhere.

Old 11-30-2008, 02:08 AM

1,069 posts, read 3,271,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissSensation View Post
So my mom's boyfriend has a job lined up in Compton for next year and now him and my mom are lookin for a place there. We're living in Mesa AZ right now, and since my moms been unemployed, there isn't a lot of cash flow in our house, if you kno what i mean. i've always lived on the "rougher" part of the city i guess u could say. but i havn't ever had any real problems. and i dont kno, i feel like i kno how to handle myself on the streets an everything but the thing is tho, i'm a white, small, 18 year old girl with blonde hair and blue eyes... am i gunna be safe in Compton???
Let your mom go and see how she likes it!!!

Old 11-30-2008, 04:09 AM

488 posts, read 1,513,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissSensation View Post
So my mom's boyfriend has a job lined up in Compton for next year and now him and my mom are lookin for a place there. We're living in Mesa AZ right now, and since my moms been unemployed, there isn't a lot of cash flow in our house, if you kno what i mean. i've always lived on the "rougher" part of the city i guess u could say. but i havn't ever had any real problems. and i dont kno, i feel like i kno how to handle myself on the streets an everything but the thing is tho, i'm a white, small, 18 year old girl with blonde hair and blue eyes... am i gunna be safe in Compton???
Chris Hanson is finally losing his mind.

Old 12-02-2008, 06:16 PM

145 posts, read 368,397 times
i was in compton last yr, even if there was no crime, its still a ****ing dump.... it looks like a shanty town.

The weirdest god damn thing i ever saw, was in an ally in compton, there was a white and brown horse with a saddle, wtf. thats like "repo man" style.

Old 12-02-2008, 06:21 PM

2,589 posts, read 8,637,932 times
was the horse dead?

(actually, there's quite a bit of horse property in compton, and it's not uncommon to see someone riding along a busy city street.)

Old 12-02-2008, 10:05 PM

829 posts, read 2,955,199 times
katenik-maybe you can answer this...why in south central/cpt/watts etc...are there lots of small older rv's parked at residential streets? I have never understood it...Its like I always see/saw smaller older mobile homes in these areas parked on the streets or at houses...kinda odd...

Old 12-02-2008, 10:19 PM

5,610 posts, read 23,306,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticViking View Post
katenik-maybe you can answer this...why in south central/cpt/watts etc...are there lots of small older rv's parked at residential streets? I have never understood it...Its like I always see/saw smaller older mobile homes in these areas parked on the streets or at houses...kinda odd...
Just a wild guess... but maybe because poor homeless people (or least without a permanent home) live in those rv's?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles