Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-09-2012, 09:02 PM

36 posts, read 147,293 times

Advertisements

I've heard mixed things about Atwater Village and am currently considering moving to a complex that is near Los Feliz in Atwater village. What is that area like?

Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2012, 12:50 PM

10,681 posts, read 6,112,935 times
A couple of years ago, there use to be gonshots every other night, but then the raids happened. My friend who lived across the street got raided.

It was huge. The next morning there were cops and helicopters everywhere.

In the 70's-90's it was alot worse. The area around Chevy Chase Park there would always be gangsters hanging around there. Once, at the corner store, there was a driveby and several people got killed.

It use to be somewhat of a warzone.

Now, you could walk around at night. They put an injunction and so you can't mingle with alot of people at a street corner. You'll see some cholos here and there but for the most part they are laying low.

I am from North Atwater. It's near Chevy Chase Park. Infact I use to think that was Atwater. just that small section. Our area is pretty secluded compared to the rest of the city. It sits at the border of LA and Glendale.

For the most part, you should feel safe. Atleast my area, we are still holding on to our latino culture in the neighborhood.

Still be cautious as you would anywhere else though. It's still the city.

Old 06-11-2012, 12:04 PM

1,299 posts, read 2,539,399 times
We lived in Atwater (near Los Feliz Blvd) for 9 years. Never had a safety issue. The area is getting better, and if you are in that big apartment complex right near the golf course, keep in mind the LAPD equestrian center is located right next door, so cops are ALWAYS around. It's actually a great area with lots of good bars (Roost, Bigfoot, Griffin)...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles