Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-03-2007, 12:25 PM

34 posts, read 227,614 times

Advertisements

Hi there,

My dh and I will be staying in LA for one night. I would like to stay on the beach if possible... I was thinking Santa Monica maybe? I am looking to spend about $250.00 or so.

We are staying the night after that in OC, if anyone has any hotel recommendations there as well it would be much appreciated!!

Thanks...I am so excited to be visiting So. California again!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2007, 01:33 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,415,942 times
If you want to stay in Santa Monica by the beach, check into Loews - they have a great hotel down there. Not far from there is Shutters on the Beach - also divine. I can recommend both highly. They both should have websites with photos, and you can call for prices - if you're staying mid-week prices should be cheaper.

OC is a whole county, not sure which city you are gearing towards. If you want another place by the beach recommendation, I would go with the surf and sand resort in Laguna Beach - here's their website:

http://www.surfandsandresort.com/

Here are the links for the two in Santa Monica:

http://www.shuttersonthebeach.com/home.html (broken link)
http://www.loewshotels.com/en/Hotels.../Overview.aspx

Hope you enjoy your stay!

Old 05-03-2007, 03:51 PM

128 posts, read 461,620 times
stay at the hollywood downtowner

Old 05-03-2007, 04:51 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,415,942 times
Default Ignore Candid's post - he is good for silly one-liners

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candid Canuck View Post
stay at the hollywood downtowner
Are you trying to be funny? Why is someone in Toronto giving advice on an LA forum anyways? Or do you own the Hollywood Downtowner and are trying to drum up business here?

If you look at the original post, she was looking to stay by the beach, and for around $250. At the hotel you recommended, the entire furnishings aren't even worth $250.00 and the beach is nowhere in sight.

I hope that's not the kind of dump you take your wife to when you're on vacation Candid.

Old 05-03-2007, 05:18 PM

Donth8me -thank you very, very much! I am looking at the links right now.

CandidCanuck - now that's not much help EH?

Old 05-06-2007, 12:38 AM

1,749 posts, read 8,336,051 times
If you want somthing different, you might stay on the Queen Mary. I've done it, it's a whole different experience. I stayed a week.

Old 05-06-2007, 09:14 PM

129 posts, read 663,022 times
Shutters is lovely - literally 40 feet from trails on the beach beautiful beautiful stuff

Although the front entrance can get super congested (small area for people dealing with cars/valet stuff)

Old 05-06-2007, 10:16 PM

1,287 posts, read 5,023,638 times
The Casa Del Mar is also a good one. Here's their Web site:

http://www.hotelcasadelmar.com/home/home.php (broken link)

Old 05-07-2007, 07:02 AM

Sorcerer68 - that was a cool suggestion - I had no idea you could stay on the Queen Mary! Not exactly what I am looking for but I appreciate you telling me that.

TheRealAngelion - Thanks! Wow that looks beautiful. But, not available when we are coming unfortunately. And it's $$$ too, everything is, probably cause we are coming on the weekend.

The others suggested looked great too, but majorly over the $250.00 I was looking to spend.

I'm still looking - looks like we might have to bite the bullet and spend more $ if we want to stay somewhere nice!

Hoping to book everything today so if anyone has any other suggestions that would be great.

Old 05-07-2007, 07:36 AM

1,287 posts, read 5,023,638 times
You should try Priceline. That Web site is great! You select what class of hotel you want to stay at and the area of town you want to stay in and enter how much you want to pay. Then within seconds the site will find a hotel that is willing to accept your rate. It's amazing. And I bet with your willing to pay $250 you would find a good deal. Just as an example, I am in LA this weekend and I wanted a four star hotel in the Beverly Hills/West Hollywood area for only $139. I ended up getting the Hyatt Regency Century Plaza!!! I was floored. This hotel normally costs nearly $300 a night. I have a room on the 12 floor overlooking the pool, the westside of LA and the ocean and the rooms are all recently renovated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles